• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DESU DESU SHEPARD SAN

~uguuu

rvy

Banned
DESU DESU SHEPARD SAN

~uguuu

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.jpg

Nice to see armory licensing is back so you dont have to go to every single planet's individual shops when you want to upgrade your equipment and buy new stuff.

According to someone who got a "space edition" and has played the entire game, there is only one hub world anyway.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm interested to see how that works. ME1 only had what I'd consider one major hub, two if you want to count Noveria, but I felt the citadel was the only one worth returning to.

I smell bullshit.

I think it's true. I would post the thread, but unfortunately, it contains a lot of spoilers from the leaked script. Hopefully the one hub world is really expansive and dense with interactive NPCs and assignments to make up for it.

MrMephistoX

Thank God i checked this thread. I thought ME3 was coming at the end of the month, Although it would have been a nice surprise walking past a shop to see it on display.

I thought the same thing. Having ordered it on amazon some months back I'd imagine I would have had an N64 Kid esque reaction next Tuesday after work if not for this thread ;)

[Edit] suppose the order confirmation from amazon might have tipped me off.

GSR

Finally got around to playing Kasumi - wound up getting it a few weeks ago (long story), well after my playthroughs were done, so it was really just about the mission. I enjoyed it a lot - good nods to the series, a lot of fun little dialogue pieces, and god damn that SMG.

Watched the Normandy video. As insanely wary as I am about spoilers, that wasn't really spoilerish at all.

Stopped watching the Atlas video 5 seconds in. Shows the
Citadel
. Fuck that.

KariOhki

Neo Member
I watched both the new videos, they look cool. The ship will look nice when it's filled up.

No clue what that area was that the battle took place in. No I don't want to know right now, it's a good thing I couldn't recognize it.

Symphonic

How elaborate are your choices if you don't import a save file?

I ask because I played ME 1 and 2 on PC and am going to have to play ME3 on 360. Are the choices elaborate? I want to transfer all my decisions - I can live with a different looking Sheppard, I just want everything else to be as I decided in the prior games :(

CrazyDude

I watched both the new videos, they look cool. The ship will look nice when it's filled up.

No clue what that area was that the battle took place in. No I don't want to know right now, it's a good thing I couldn't recognize it.

Did you play the first game?

Jibbed

Did we ever get any confirmation that the PS3 version will be shit like the demo?

Apparently (According to IGN) it has 'pretty severe' framerate issues early on in the Earth sections, but 'improves' as you venture further in to the game.

EatChildren

How elaborate are your choices if you don't import a save file?

I ask because I played ME 1 and 2 on PC and am going to have to play ME3 on 360. Are the choices elaborate? I want to transfer all my decisions - I can live with a different looking Sheppard, I just want everything else to be as I decided in the prior games :(
Use Gibbed's save editor to convert your PC save to 360.

One of the more unfortunate aspects of Mass Effect 3, therefore, is that a lot of the game's side quest have very little to do with that larger Reaper threat, and have more to do with ancillary tasks. Some of these tasks -- such as N7 missions -- do connect to the game's main narrative, but there's enough disconnected from the main story that many things admittedly seem out of place.

Things were bad in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but not this bad. Why is Shepard therefore being asked to do fetch quests? If the Reapers win, everything is for naught, and the game would have felt a little more realistic and true to itself with more of a pinpoint focus on the Reapers only.

Seems like a dumb complaint. If every sidequest had to do with the Reapers, it'd get boring and repetitive, fast. I'm glad there are smaller, ancillary quests to find and go on. At least gives some semblance of exploration.

Synless

Apparently (According to IGN) it has 'pretty severe' framerate issues early on in the Earth sections, but 'improves' as you venture further in to the game.

Shit, I knew I should have stuck with the 360 CE version instead of worrying about co-op with my friends. Now I can't preorder it anywhere.

Kyoufu

Seems like a dumb complaint. If every sidequest had to do with the Reapers, it'd get boring and repetitive, fast. I'm glad there are smaller, ancillary quests to find and go on. At least gives some semblance of exploration.

Seems like a legit complaint to me.

What would you be doing if your world was going to get fucked up by Reapers? Find some dude's pendant?

The reviewer says the game runs well on PS3 so idk why you're worried above poster.

pringles

Strange how this series went from "one of the best games ever!" (ME1) to "This is releasing already? ..maybe I'll pick it up later.." (ME3).

Feels like I have to go through it just to see how it ends and how well they carry over the decisions you made in 1 and 2. But my hype is close to zero. I hope to be positively surprised when I play it, but the tone just seems even more 'off' in 3 than it did in 2.

Yeah, I prefer having small, almost meaningless quests that further flesh out the universe rather than just scream, "oh noez teh reapers".

What would you be doing if your world was going to get fucked up by Reapers? Find some dude's pendant?

The reviewer says the game runs well on PS3 so idk why you're worried above poster.

Might as well every single thing we do have to do with the Reapers then. Yes, that's how it would be in a realistic scenario, but in a video game it'd be pretty fucking boring.

Moaradin

I rather the side quest be unrelated to the main quest. Probably the reason they are called side quest.

But it depends on the context. If the side quest aren't related to the main plot but each have a separate story to them, then good. If they are all just fetch quest with no substance, then obviously it's not good.

Seems pretty damn reasonable. If the game really spends most of its plot screaming "THE REAPERS ARE HERE, THE GALAXY IS DOOMED," and emphasizing the need for galactic readiness and Taking Back Earth and whatnot, and then Shepard is off picking up space kittens then it'd be a little weird.

Reuenthal

Banned
There are other concerns I have with side quests. One concern centers on the sheer amount of random side quests earned when running through places like the Citadel. Overhearing random characters speaking triggered side quests in past Mass Effect games, but in Mass Effect 3, this is brought to an almost absurd level. You can earn multiple side quests within a minute of each other by running through a new area of the Citadel, for instance, without having known to listen to the actual conversations for context. And the codex does a poor job of explaining your actual task. All of this comes off as a bit sloppy and unnecessary.

This I also don't like. As I also did not like Skyrim's one billion side quests. ME3 especially should have a more limited number of such quests. I am replaying ME1 and the worst thing about the game are A) the barren planets, the planets could have been designed better B) some fetch sidequests when you must gather insignia, and that shit. The other sidequests are better.

Vire

Couldn't you pose this same complaint to Skyrim?

None of the side quests have anything to do with the impeding doom of Alduin or the dragons and yet it handles it just find.

I don't really see it being a problem to be honest.

ME1 or ME2 didn't handle it that way either.

Top Bottom