• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Man, the romance options in this game are so disappointing, poor FemRyder. I thought about having BroRyder go after Cora in my next playthrough, but she'll need to shut up about the asari first, jeez.

Anyone have this issue of "Press (key) to talk" prompt not show up for them? This was an issue in DA:I as well. Can't believe they didn't fix this.

Jinroh

Quick question, each time I research a new upgrade for a weapon (or armor, etc), I have to craft that new weapon? There's no way to upgrade the one I already have?

nOoblet16

I was going to post something about Ryder and how I dig her more but I didn't want to yelled at by people. Don't get me I LOVE Shepard and always will but there's something about Ryder that just gels with me more then her.

It's cause Ryder has a lot more personality.
Shepard's personality doesn't exists outside the dialogues you choose, he/she is only funny/angry/sad when you pick the line otherwise Shepard is a blank slate. I don't necessarily like that because I don't think a player character needs to be blank slate or close to it to embody the player. Ryder will get funny/angry/sad when you choose it as well but he/she also has a personality outside of it (gameplay dialogues and normal dialogues that you don't pick). There's also the fact that casual responses by Ryder are actually casual sounding.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Ok thank you. Farming the resources will be an unnecessary chore :(
I'm pretty surprised at how much more of a pain it is to mine in this game than in ME:2. I'm wondering if it's just really an artificial cap on weapon creating. I've got a LOT of blueprints for level 3 weapons but don't have anywhere near enough material to do it. So I'm waiting for my remnant armor.

ViciousDS

Banned
Havarl

What a breath of fresh fucking air to the giant ass worlds. That was honestly the perfectly sized and paced planet. Absolute perfection......they need to look to that planet if they wish to do open world again

nOoblet16

Anyone have this issue of "Press (key) to talk" prompt not show up for them? This was an issue in DA:I as well. Can't believe they didn't fix this.

Since it's a contextual action it happens sometimes when you aren't facing the character the right away or end up too close. You just have to back off and try again, you'll usually run into this problem if you try to talk by approaching a character from their back or sides instead of the front.

nOoblet16

I'm pretty surprised at how much more of a pain it is to mine in this game than in ME:2. I'm wondering if it's just really an artificial cap on weapon creating. I've got a LOT of blueprints for level 3 weapons but don't have anywhere near enough material to do it. So I'm waiting for my remnant armor.

There's a cryo pod for richer resources, get that. Plus you can always buy the resources. I never felt limited really as I'd just buy when I don't have something and there's plenty of money or other resources to sell for money. The resources that you can sell for 19 credits like Nickel are so common that you'll have hundreds if not thousand of them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Since it's a contextual action it happens sometimes when you aren't facing the character the right away or end up too close. You just have to back off and try again, you'll usually run into this problem if you try to talk by approaching a character from their back or sides instead of the front.

The "not facing the character the right way" thing is kind of dumb. There's a situation for a mission on a later planet where there's a bed at the wall with a patient on the bed and the doctor facing the patient. And I need to talk to the doctor. And the only way for me to do that is to STAND ON THE PATIENT and face the doctor since I can't talk to him from behind or the side as the prompt doesn't show.

Always breaks immersion for me :lol

Also, why are some of the doors on [/spoiler]Kadara[/spoiler] opening SO SLOWLY? I have to hold down the button for a solid 2-3 seconds

nOoblet16

Man, the romance options in this game are so disappointing, poor FemRyder. I thought about having BroRyder go after Cora in my next playthrough, but she'll need to shut up about the asari first, jeez.

Can't build a relationship if you aren't going to take interest in stuff they like yo

Fem Ryder has about the same number of options as BroRyder though, the only exclusives they both have is Cora for Bro and Suvi for Fem.

nOoblet16

The "not facing the character the right way" thing is kind of dumb. There's a situation for a mission on a later planet where there's a bed at the wall with a patient on the bed and the doctor facing the patient. And I need to talk to the doctor. And the only way for me to do that is to STAND ON THE PATIENT and face the doctor since I can't talk to him from behind or the side as the prompt doesn't show.

Always breaks immersion for me :lol

Also, why are some of the doors on [/spoiler]Kadara[/spoiler] opening SO SLOWLY? I have to hold down the button for a solid 2-3 seconds
Yes I know, I had the same issue.
I thought that it's because I wasn't suppose to talk to him just yet since he never turned towards me. I did some other mission and when I got back to him he was standing near at the door looking at me.

Disliked the opening hours, thought the pacing was all over the place and was a bit overwhelmed in a negative sense but once I started roaming around Eos with the new vehicle which I really love, it all clicked, hey I have no problem with the reviewers views for anything but I am really enjoying this now.

Yeah I was able to wedge myself in between the consoles to talk to this person. But now a salarian NPC just blocked me in. FML. -____-

Smiley90

Yes I know, I had the same issue.
I thought that it's because I wasn't suppose to talk to him just yet since he never turned towards me. I did some other mission and when I got back to him he was standing near the door.

But why would I NOT pick up that quest the first time I'm in the area? Doesn't make any sense!

I have WAY too many quests to pick from right now.

3 Priority Ops/Main Story
post-Kadara
10-ish Allies/Loyalty missions
30-ish Planet Side Missions (mostly
Eos&Kadara, having done most things on Voeld&Havarl
an uncountable number of tasks. The only task I really care about doing is the Journalist interviews for OG Trilogy vibe reasons.

I'm never going to finish this game. I think I'm at something like 40% done, 40h in.

RdN

I need help with a mission in Voeld.

I'm doing Remove the Heart right now. I have two objectives, Investigate the Kett base and Optional: observe the shield.

I want to the marker for the optional objective, but nothing happens. I stand right on top of it, tried do scan.. Nothing.

What do I have to do to complete this one?

Smiley90

I need help with a mission in Voeld.

I'm doing Remove the Heart right now. I have two objectives, Investigate the Kett base and Optional: observe the shield.

I want to the marker for the optional objective, but nothing happens. I stand right on top of it, tried do scan.. Nothing.

What do I have to do to complete this one?

I had that triggered when I drove by in the Nomad coming from the... north? I think? And to specify, this is the "shield" above the "ice city" in the north, not the kett base shield. There's a visual "R3" trigger to "look at" and Jaal made a comment on it. That's all it was for me. But then again it's completely optional, you don't have to do it anyway.

Can't build a relationship if you aren't going to take interest in stuff they like yo

Fem Ryder has about the same number of options as BroRyder though, the only exclusives they both have is Cora for Bro and Suvi for Fem.
I said poor FemRyder because she's staying alone. :lol

Mindlog

I couldn't figure out why single player was so laggy and finally may have part of the answer. Is it just more or is reload cancelling not only removed, but actively punished? I've been consistently frustrated by firing an empty weapon and couldn't figure out why. ME reload cancelling was just a natural habit that I never even thought about.

If true; This change fucking sucks!

valkyre

Is there seriously not even a single Ps4 Pro perofrmance analysis for Andromeda yet???

Game is almost released for 1 week and I cant find any analysis like anywhere... DF what the hell are you doing?!

It's cause Ryder has a lot more personality.
Shepard's personality doesn't exists outside the dialogues you choose, he/she is only funny/angry/sad when you pick the line otherwise Shepard is a blank slate. I don't necessarily like that because I don't think a player character needs to be blank slate or close to it to embody the player. Ryder will get funny/angry/sad when you choose it as well but he/she also has a personality outside of it (gameplay dialogues and normal dialogues that you don't pick). There's also the fact that casual responses by Ryder are actually casual sounding.

I agree 100%. I swear this game gets so much hate, I mean the animation aspect I totally agree with but everything just doesn't add up for me. I don't know maybe I'm enjoying this game so much that I hate to see a good game get crapped on by so many people. I read reviews that just don't make sense, I don't know.

Anyways I do love the first flirt you do with Suvi. I was laughing so hard.

Rellik

Is there seriously not even a single Ps4 Pro perofrmance analysis for Andromeda yet???

Game is almost released for 1 week and I cant find any analysis like anywhere... DF what the hell are you doing?!

It's crazy to see this on a game that performs like shit. It needs to be analysed.

Aeana

It also fleshes out crewmates better than ME3 or any other game really. It feels nice that they are always going around doing their own thing, talking to other crew mates without you. The exposition you get in conversations post mission is also more detailed and in depth. Overall they get a lot more screentime.

Not only that, your crew actually responds to things you do, particularly relationships. I always thought it was weird to be in a relationship with someone in a past ME game and nobody else on the whole ship had a thing to say about it.

Maledict

Not only that, your crew actually responds to things you do, particularly relationships. I always thought it was weird to be in a relationship with someone in a past ME game and nobody else on the whole ship had a thing to say about it.

To be fair, they did in ME3. I distinctly remember the protean commenting on my male shepherd romancing Kaiden, and if you don't romance Tali and Garrus they then hook up as well.

LightInfa

There's a cryo pod for richer resources, get that. Plus you can always buy the resources. I never felt limited really as I'd just buy when I don't have something and there's plenty of money or other resources to sell for money. The resources that you can sell for 19 credits like Nickel are so common that you'll have hundreds if not thousand of them.

Only one I've had trouble with is uranium - super expensive in the shops and still haven't really found it in the wild, but I needs it for remnant armor.

I think Jack passed comment on a couple of occasions, she would tell you to fuck off lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Ahhh... Good call. I didn't even think of looking at the stores. I've got low nickel, and no uranium or platinum and figured I'd only find that by mining

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
To be fair, they did in ME3. I distinctly remember the protean commenting on my male shepherd romancing Kaiden, and if you don't romance Tali and Garrus they then hook up as well.
Awww... Tali. I miss having Quarians around.

I'm about to start some of these side missions for finding these other arks so we'll see what happens. 😊

ViciousDS

Banned
Interesting notion after you get past Eos......default fem Ryder isn't even bad......like facials at all. I'm about 50% full completion and she looks actually pretty damn good. I swear somehow they said fuck it all for the first couple hours of this game

nOoblet16

I agree 100%. I swear this game gets so much hate, I mean the animation aspect I totally agree with but everything just doesn't add up for me. I don't know maybe I'm enjoying this game so much that I hate to see a good game get crapped on by so many people. I read reviews that just don't make sense, I don't know.

Anyways I do love the first flirt you do with Suvi. I was laughing so hard.
Yep that was great, and Suvi was like "OMG Ryder" in her scottish accent and it was great.

I don't get the writing complaints nor the squad complaints, both are on par with previous games..the squad stuff infact is better handled here.

Yep definitely. It's something that makes the relationships more like a relationship.
Others talk about you being together, the person you are with greets you and says goodbye to you differently. It's also the fact that you talk several times to build that relationship and it doesn't go to waste because you missed talking that one time.

In previous games it was just pick this option and you get sex scene at the end and that's about it. The person still talks to you the same way, everyone is indifferent mostly.

Tacitus_

Hm. My AVP is counting backwards. At first I thought the minus sign was just a separator, but I'm now at -2k points. I don't think that it's supposed to cap at 19 pods.

Yep that was great, and Subi was like "OMG Ryder" in her scottish accent and it was great.

I don't get the writing complaints nor the squad complaints, both are on par with previous games..the squad stuff infact is better handled here.

Yep definitely. It's something that makes the relationships more like a relationship.
Others talk about you being together, the person you are with greets you and says goodbye to you differently. It's also the fact that you talk several times to build that relationship and it doesn't go to waste because you missed talking that one time.

In previous games it was just pick this option and you get sex scene at the end and that's about it. THe person still talks to you the same way, everyone is indifferent.

I was saying that to someone and they were screaming and yelling at me in the comment section. This game is amazing, but I will say that the first 10 or so hours doesn't do this game justice at all. There are so many amazing side quests that I've done that I will never forget.

nOoblet16

I was saying that to someone and they were screaming and yelling at me in the comment section. This game is amazing, but I will say that the first 10 or so hours doesn't do this game justice at all. There are so many amazing side quests that I've done that I will never forget.

Game is definitely a slow burn and has a poor start with bad side quests and regularly making you see bad faces like Addison's.

Top Bottom