• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

So it seems that most people are going with female then. Then I guess I stick to Sara as well. At least this way if her VO is bad (like some people are saying), then we all suffer through it together lol

Hope posting my own stupid doodles is OK.
Its an old Star Trek joke, but I had hoped for more interesting aliens, new galaxy and all.

C7X8ydhXUAEL_tT.jpg:large

accurate

UberLevi

Going with Scott Ryder for my first playthrough. He's just got way more charm than Sara.

Also, if I wanted to unlock the game early via VPN what would be the easiest way to go about doing that?

Random question - all media (and memes) for this game seem to feature femryder, to the point I have no idea what male Ryder looks like. Is it the default / choice of marketing ?
In spite of all memes, I think she looks adorably dorky and looking forward to the game (warts and all)

Random question - all media (and memes) for this game seem to feature femryder, to the point I have no idea what male Ryder looks like. Is it the default / choice of marketing ?
In spite of all memes, I think she looks adorably dorky and looking forward to the game (warts and all)
she's actually had much less of a marketing spotlight

i think people just latched onto her, initially because they claimed she was ugly and have now done a complete 180 and think that she is cute because of her oddities

the spin has me shook :p

pahamrick

Do we have a ps4 pro analysis?

No official comparison, the few people who are already playing on a pro said its mostly locked 30 with rare drops, but no one has said which mode they're playing.

So probably going to have to wait for an official analysis for actual numbers.

I wish I could unlock early on PS4 with VPN, but stuck waiting for 11pm tonight.

Mifune

Mehmber
Playing on XB1 last night and experienced the jankiest combat sequence in a while. Framerate tanked hard, too.

My early impressions of the performance were too kind.

sangreal

Is it like ME2 planet scanning? I loved that, so relaxing

no, it's more like ME3 where you have to follow a pointer to a hotspot

mining on the ground is similar to ME2 -- you drive around and try to find optimal peaks between all the resources. It's not nearly as 'relaxing'

the scanning is especially tedious because it takes forever to travel between planets, and that is the only way to find out if a planet has anything

kitzkozan

Sarah Ryder "stole" the spotlight in a complete unintentional way lol. People started saying that she was ugly, which gave her negative attention (which is better than nothing right?). Then, the numerous gifs made her the unofficial Ryder lol. The GIF where she look dumbfounded is already legendary as far as I'm concerned. :p

VgWtvvA.gif

Roussow

Yea. After starting over asian female Ryder is definitely the one to go with.
Was thinking about doing the same, how do the non-default characters animate? (by this games standard, no need to rag on the animations more than has been already said)
I just usually notice in a lot of games (orignal ME games included), the default characters just look a lot more natural in motion, or are the Andromeda custom characters generally on par with the quick-start options)

Mifune

Mehmber
Not at all. I didn't mind ME2's scanning. ME:A's is way worse: long "loading"/transition times, banal text, unappealing music, and very limited interactivity.

I couldn't even figure out the planetary scanning mechanic. Doubt I'll even try again. Seemed like busy work of the worst kind.

Not at all. I didn't mind ME2's scanning. ME:A's is way worse: long "loading"/transition times, banal text, unappealing music, and very limited interactivity.

Is there only one "anomaly" to find per scannable planet? They were guessing on the GB quick look that you could only find one, versus the multiple in ME2

sangreal

Is there only one "anomaly" to find per scannable planet? They were guessing on the GB quick look that you could only find one, versus the multiple in ME2

yes, like ME3

it's almost identical to how ME3 works but instead of pinging planets to see if they have something, you have to travel to them and sit through a dumb transition

Moff

I waited for reviews and just bought it anyway. I am just in the mood for scifi and I even liked DA:2, hated DA:I, though, so who knows how I'll like this.

SliChillax

People keep saying that the game picks up after Eos, but I already really enjoyed Eos now that I'm done with it. Can't wait to progress through the story.

Aspiring

I love Mass Effect im a huge fan. I can look past all the anination Jank and problems, but is the sense of being in space, exploring uncharted worlds still there? I have been on media blackout trying not to read much. Is the story interesting regardless of other problems?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Hmmm... I'm second guessing my choice to start with FemRyder.

So talk to me GAF, who is going with male and who is gonna pick female for their first playthrough?
Female. Fem Shep was leagues better than Male Shep. Plus I can't stand this dollar store version of Nolan North. It's too distracting. I have expect Sully to come back with a quirp.

Hey, is SLI borked with new update from GeForce? Getting mid 40s at .90 resolution scale at 4k Ultra (no AA, shadows are MED) on two 1080s.

RS4-

I just got my cdkeys key

Do they email you or did you keep checking your account?

Really? They told me yesterday that keys will be given out 24 hours before the 23rd, so I decided to refund it and get it on Origin(I have to wait up to 2 days before getting my refund...fuck I should've just waited).

I just checked my email, got the cdkey as well...Which looks like a cropped picture or scan of a retail key lol.

I'll try the key in a few mins

Astral

What the heck. I just bought Nier after the disappointing reviews of this game and GameStop told me that because I bought Nier I get $10 off Mass Effect. The plot thickens...

Hmmm... I'm second guessing my choice to start with FemRyder.

So talk to me GAF, who is going with male and who is gonna pick female for their first playthrough?
Whenever I get the game, I'll be going Female Ryder. I played as Male Shephard for the original trilogy so I think female is the way to go this time around. Also, yeah, some of the expressions are bound to be a good laugh.

Top Bottom