• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Is there any chance someone could mod the game to remove the 30 seconds in between planet "scanning", that shit is so pointless and 99% of the time a planet has nothing.

Also is there anyway to "Skip" dialogue? Sometimes I accidently click on a dialogue option I have already heard and have to sit until the end of the conversation.

Trickster

So I've been in two solar systems now, and have tried to look at, and scan, every planet I could. Yet both systems have my progress at 83% and 87%.

None of the planets indicate there's anything to find with the scanner, and all planets have been looked at. Is there something I'm missing?

I seriously hope they release a patch for the Pro soon. Please give me a 1080p mode so I can lock the framerate at 30. This annoys me more than any jank to be honest. Still having a good time, but I bought a Pro so I wouldn't have to deal with sub 30 games.

So I've been in two solar systems now, and have tried to look at, and scan, every planet I could. Yet both systems have my progress at 83%.

None of the planets indicate there's anything to find with the scanner, and all planets have been looked at. Is there something I'm missing?

Try to give scanning a rest until your face feels full of energy again

X-Frame

Holy fuck I was not expecting all these negative performance impressions for the Pro.

Drop the resolution down to 1440p BioWare and get the FPS consistent or something.

I seriously hope they release a patch for the Pro soon. Please give me a 1080p mode so I can lock the framerate at 30. This annoys me more than any jank to be honest. Still having a good time, but I bought a Pro so I wouldn't have to deal with sub 30 games.

It's running sub-30 on the pro? Wow...

Dubz

Playing MP on PC with a controller. How do I change weapons? I'm using an X1 controller, and it says to press the back button (or what used to be called the back button). This just brings up the team members to mute and whatot. What am I doing wrong?

image.php

Playing MP on PC with a controller. How do I change weapons? I'm using an X1 controller, and it says to press the back button (or what used to be called the back button). This just brings up the team members to mute and whatot. What am I doing wrong?

On actual XB1 you need to hold X, maybe same for PC?

RS4-

Hold the reload button.

Lt-47

It's weird because they said the game was going to have one back at the pro reveal. I guess it fell at the bottom of the priority list versus bug fixing.

JarrodL

So I've been in two solar systems now, and have tried to look at, and scan, every planet I could. Yet both systems have my progress at 83% and 87%.

Not all scannable objects are planets - they can something like asteroids or small anomalies. Look for tiny shimmering dots on the system map. Also, if the system has an anomaly then holding the scan key should display an arrow pointing in its direction in the system relative to current ship position.

DoctorDake

Neo Member
Not all scannable objects are planets - they can something like asteroids or small anomalies. Look for tiny shimmering dots on the system map.

Also hold the scanner button while zoomed out at the system level. Anomalies can be found in the system itself as well on planets.

Holy fuck I was not expecting all these negative performance impressions for the Pro.

Drop the resolution down to 1440p BioWare and get the FPS consistent or something.

I didn't expect that either. Ticks me off because i bought it digitally and can't trade it in. The combat is really fun when the framerate isn't all over the place. Since I got my Pro, I don't think I've played a single game that wasn't at least locked at 30, so this is very jarring. At least it's something they should be able to fix easily. I just have no idea why it wasn't an option in the first place. I hate it when people throw around the Lazy Devs thing, but I really fits here.

There are anomalies at the system level as well, not just at the planetary level. Asteroids and the like. I missed them at first. Hold down LT at the system wide view and check for them.

Edit: Beaten.

RPGCrazied

Horizon's backstory, history, worldbuilding and the scifi concepts are done REALLY well for a video game. Plus the story is very satisfying emotionally. Andromeda is not even in the same galaxy when it comes to quality. (ha ha).

Yes. It's well written, has great characters and one of the better gaming stories I've experienced.

I'm liking ME:A, but Horizon is my game of the generation so far.

Well, I thought the story was interesting, but I don't think it is mind blowing or anything. It was Aloy herself, the world and gameplay that captured me most.

As for Andromeda, I am very early into it, but I am already pulled in. It's typical BioWare and if you like their games then you should feel right at home.

Thanks guy, I went ahead and got Horizon at Walmart. I'll get Andromeda later when it drops in price.

DoctorDake

Neo Member
I am on PC but I am using Xbone controller, I wonder if I can assign it to a button.

Should be X by default. Press it once and you'll see the "Skip" prompt at the bottom right. Press it again to skip the line.

Kind of annoying that you have to do it twice every time, but it does work.

Yup. Even on Nexus sometimes. It's weird because there doesn't seem to be much going on on-screen. If Dice can run 60 fps with all the effects they have going on, I don't see how this can't at least be locked at 30. Hell, that's all I expected. I honestly wish they would have stuck with Unreal Engine. How did Dragon Age run? I never picked that up.

X-Frame

On the PS4 Pro, should I have the Chromatic Aberation and Film Grain on or off?

Would turning them off potentially help with FPS performance?

At the end of a MP match reward screen, it will say I'm level zero, I won't get any of my credits and it kicks me back to the main menu. 4 times in a row now after 4 straight extractions.

This has happened about for over half my matches and I've played a lot. I love the MP but if I can't level up or earn credits then what is the point?... :(

FatalT

Banned
Playing the single player more after multiplayer and it's definitely more fun. The mobility is fantastic after getting used to it in multiplayer. Probably won't touch the glorified horde mode anymore though.

sangreal

OK so in MP there are 4 skills set for the D-Pad. How do I see what they do, and also upgrade or change them?

they're consumables

up -> cobra rpg
left -> first aid (full health)
right -> full ammo
down -> revive

you might be able to change the binding on the consumable loadout page idk

what happens when you choose to do a strike mission in multiplayer? I just did one(died during extraction round), and it doesnt seem like I got anything in single player

Diancecht

Finished the main story. I wouldn't be surprised If you tell me this janky ass piece of shit was the next big hit for the Spiders, you know the geniuses behind hits like "Bound by Flame" and "Mars War Logs".

This thing is a disaster from top to bottom. Terrible cast of characters, bad voice acting, horrendus animations, utterly shite story and even worse pacing. The only thing I can say that works in this, is the combat.

I feel like shit any time I face one of those fuckfaced NPCs and talk to them. I would have accepted it as a jank and moved one, only if I wasn't doing it for the 70 percent of the game.

This DOES feel like it's been made by a third grade studio.

OK so in MP there are 4 skills set for the D-Pad. How do I see what they do, and also upgrade or change them?
The top is rockets-these are small area nukes!
The bottom is self revive. Be a good teammate and use these when you ran off alone. The two others are health and ammo. Ammo is useful on grenade classes when you're away from anmo crate, or just need to throw 4+ grenades at something. Use the nukes during round 6 objectives.

I am seriously debating between Xbox One and PS4 Pro for this one. Do I take a graphical hit on Xbox One now for the potential performance boost later (most likely in sequels) or stick with PS4 Pro? Decisions.

Nevadatan

i have sit 20 minutes watching my brother trying to make a cute female character...

why are the female presets and options so terrible? i get this is not a dressing up game but still, they look unrealistically hideous.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm shocked by how little I'm enjoying this. In fact I'm finding it to get worse as it goes along.

At first I was a little shocked by all the writing complaints but now I get it. The characters and dialogue have no personality or style. And the same goes for the game as a whole. The art design is ugly - I couldn't wait to get out of that first vault since it was like something out of Battlefield Earth aesthetically.

I'm hoping the game gets better but this second planet has really killed my enthusiasm. I have no desire to mine, hunt down collectibles, explore this place at all.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
People complain a lot yet buy the game still. This is why we get broken games.

I'm enjoying it and don't find it broken at all (apart from the MP disconnects). Some people are complaining a lot, some people are loving it more than sliced bread: it's a very mixed reception game to be sure.

Top Bottom