• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Big-E

Fina1e said:
It took me around 45 tries to beat
Benezia
as an Infiltrator, and now as a Vanguard it took me once.

Oh god. I am an infiltrator. I am not looking forward to this.

Fina1e said:
Benezia

Yep, I'm an infiltrator and I took about the same amount of time. Hopefully this class will prove useful later on.

Draft

Fina1e said:
Benezia

I suck then because I'm a Vanguard and she is kicking my ass.

Guys, my friend is gonna try cleaning the cache now to see if the slows in ME get better.

One more thing, his 360 is EURO, is there a way to clear the region code for games? Is that even legal? If not sorry, I dunno about that.

He tells me that his 360 only runs US games when they´re region free.

Thanks in advance.

Insane Metal said:
Guys, my friend is gonna try cleaning the cache now to see if the slows in ME get better.

One more thing, his 360 is EURO, is there a way to clear the region code for games? Is that even legal? If not sorry, I dunno about that.

Thanks in advance.

Bioware themselves said on their forum clearing the cache will not do anything for the game, as it doesn't use that cache.

Fina1e

Another thing I don't understand is that if your main character doesn't have Decryption, and someone in your party does, you STILL can't open up crates, lockers, etc.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm landing on the moon and getting shot at by alliance stuff.
is it because i'm fugitive now?

ohhhhh iget it

Red Blaster said:
Am I gonna get fucked later on because I'm Soldier class?

I dont think that would be possible. A soldier is ridiculously hard to kill. Right now mine has at least 700hp and isnt level 50 yet. Also if you get adrenaline,immunity,shield boost then you should be able to live through almost anything besides a direct rocket hit.

Y2Kev said:
I'm landing on the moon and getting shot at by alliance stuff.
is it because i'm fugitive now?

No, its a
rogue VI

Capoeira

Could someone with the Collector's Edition let me know whether the bonus disc is only viewable via the 360 (like the Halo 3 bonus disc)? Or would a regular DVD player work?

I'm thinking of importing the UK CE for my Aussie 360. I just want to know if I'm going to be wasting my money.

Sectus

Capoeira said:
Could someone with the Collector's Edition let me know whether the bonus disc is only viewable via the 360 (like the Halo 3 bonus disc)? Or would a regular DVD player work?

I'm thinking of importing the UK CE for my Aussie 360. I just want to know if I'm going to be wasting my money.
It works only on the 360. I think it's regionfree though.

TeethMummy said:
same here. I die immediately every time.

Get as far away from her as you can, then cut down her minions. She'll keep bringing in more, but lose a ton of her power everytime. Eventually running almost completely out.

Novus question: I did a little bit in Noveria, but mostly skipped that and went to Novus. I'm right at the end but find myself totally stuck

I'm at the Thorian fight and I keep getting slaughtered, partly because the previous battles (Avoiding the colonists cause I'm going Paragon) drained me of my medikits. I'm an Inflitrator so I obviously don't have a lot of healing options beyond that and there's no way for me to replenish medikits since the door to the loading bay is locked. Where can I replenish my medikits? Am I fucked. I can make it about to the third or forth clone before she does me in.

add-on: WHY ARE CUTSCENES UNSKIPPABLE? Join this century, Bioware. I keep dieing and have to watch the stupid
talking plant
over and over again.

I love being a Renegade.

I wish "pointing a gun in their face and telling them to STFU" was a dialog option in every RPG.

The more I play this game the more I like it. I wasn't feeling it for awhile but 14 hours in and I'm just rolling.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Munin said:
Random observation: The asari ambassador is hot. She/he (???) should have been a relationship option. :(

They live for 1000 years, and some of them are strippers!

Draft

TeethMummy said:
same here. I die immediately every time.
I beat it right after posting that :lol

Protip:
She's invulnerable, ignore her and kill the adds. I shotgunned the first two, tossed a grenade at the second pack, and then mopped up the rest.

Beaulieu

Fina1e said:
Another thing I don't understand is that if your main character doesn't have Decryption, and someone in your party does, you STILL can't open up crates, lockers, etc.

I dont have decryption, and I can open crates because of the others.

Been playing all day, jaw-droppingly incredible. Initially I thought the negaive points brought up would help temper my enthusiasm, but by God this is awesome.

Hunter D

Fina1e said:
Benezia

If you have Garrus and have the biotic suppressing tech that part becomes easy.

psh, the benezia fight was as easy as cake.......

mainly because i went there too early. and didn't have the skills to get to the fight, then went back in as a level 35

yukoner

Draft said:
I suck then because I'm a Vanguard and she is kicking my ass.

This fight is easy when you figure it out.

As soon as it starts, run to your right where she can't reach you and immediately take out the commando's in front of you.

Then you're free to deal with the remaining commando's without her kicking your ass with powers. You can just take your time and pick them off.

Y2Kev

Just finished it. A little over 13 hours. I'm not at all feeling cheated though. There's still a lot to do sidequestwise and I'm definitely playing this again.

The ending was nice.

I think this is Bioware's finest console game. It does everything they do well better, but it still has the same problems that have plagued their console efforts since day one. Hopefully ME2 gets some of these issues sorted out.

I have no idea when ME2 is coming out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Tieno

Y2Kev said:
Just finished it. A little over 13 hours. I'm not at all feeling cheated though. There's still a lot to do sidequestwise and I'm definitely playing this again.

The ending was nice.

I think this is Bioware's finest console game. It does everything they do well better, but it still has the same problems that have plagued their console efforts since day one. Hopefully ME2 gets some of these issues sorted out.

I have no idea when ME2 is coming out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
It is nice that you can finish it in such a short time, if you want to. I don't know what to do yet. Just doing the main story might make subsequent playthroughs more fun instead of trying to do everything in one haul. But a long experience with one character is also lots of fun.

Y2Kev

Beaulieu said:
wtf I was just getting the ship at 13hours

I really don't think I rushed. I did all three planets before heading to
Virmire
, and I did a bunch of side quests, including the Asari Consort, the Romance subplot, the
Lunar AI
, and a bunch others.

I dunno, I don't feel gipped at all. I really loved the game. And I am going to play it again after I finish Uncharted.

Haklong

Y2Kev said:
Just finished it. A little over 13 hours.

21 Hours and I still haven't gone to Noveria or Feros. Been doing so many sidequest. It's why I love Biware RPG's. You can go at the pace you want to.

besada

Banned
About to take the fight to Benezia, when I quit screwing around saving sick scientists and whatnot. With the crazy biotics and tech skils of my henchchicks, and my increasingly deadly toxic shotgun, sometimes the fights happen so fast I can barely tell what's going on. Open a singularity in a small room while someone's overloading and it's hard to make out the exact sequence of events.

Man, I fucking love this game. From running shit down in the Mako to killing cultists in cookie-cutter colony pods, to getting involved in intergalactic politics, this game has it all. Except ship to ship combat and a good trading sim. ME 2 bitches.

watership

Fina1e said:

That's what I was wondering. Still can't always salvage stuff on side-quest planets.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just bought the game, played one tiny hour. So far, really great. And it looks much better than i expected. Framerate isnt perfect but at least its not KOTORish.

Damnit , what am i supposed to do , having GH3 / COD4 MP / Mass effect/ Uncharted to play , and having only 7 days / week :(.

Mass effect really give me the feeling im starting a "big" thing

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I gave up. Dying repeatedly and then losing 30 minutes of work is retarded. And you shouldn't have to be a certain class for this game to be fun. Balance your fucking game next time dickheads.

syllogism

So if you can finish it in 13 hours, I take it you'll have to turn on level scaling (aka harder difficulty levels) to be challenged whilst completing the majority of the quests? Or are the side quest just not very rewarding loot/experience-wise? Though perhaps it's better not to be challenged if the combat isn't that satisfying.

edit: Did they get rid off the squad control interface shown in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLeLZzoLSA

Kabouter

syllogism said:
So if you can finish it in 13 hours, I take it you'll have to turn on level scaling (aka harder difficulty levels) to be challenged whilst completing the majority of the quests? Or are the side quest just now very rewarding loot/experience-wise? Though perhaps it's better not to be challenged if the combat isn't that satisfying.
13 hours? :|
I'm on 17 and I'm not even near the end. Maybe it's because I go full through conversations and such.

Y2Kev

syllogism said:
So if you can finish it in 13 hours, I take it you'll have to turn on level scaling (aka harder difficulty levels) to be challenged whilst completing the majority of the quests? Or are the side quest just now very rewarding loot/experience-wise? Though perhaps it's better not to be challenged if the combat isn't that satisfying.

I blew through the end of the game, so maybe. I do wonder if that's because I finally understood the battle engine though.

ShutEye

Insane Metal said:

Thanks in advance.

There is no region bypass for 360, however its largely irrelevant these days as many, many games are released region free. (Notable exceptions are Japan centric titles released in Japan/Asia. Blue Dragon's original Japanese disc was locked, as was the HK english release. The American release was region free however.)

Consut Play Asia's X360 compatibility charts for new releases, its fairly comprehensive.

Burger

Hang on is this game much shorter or much longer than I'm thinking ?

I've done, in order,
The Ice Planet, The Dig and The Thorian
plus a couple of small side quests.

Reading some of the comments I'm assuming I'm way past half way and close to the bloody end. If so, wtf ?

Munin

Burger said:
Hang on is this game much shorter or much longer than I'm thinking ?

I've done, in order,
The Ice Planet, The Dig and The Thorian
plus a couple of small side quests.

Reading some of the comments I'm assuming I'm way past half way and close to the bloody end. If so, wtf ?

Yes, it's true. As I said a few pages earlier, I'm completely puzzled how some people get 40 hours out of the game. Do they run in circles in the Citadel for hours?

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Munin said:
Yes, it's true. As I said a few pages earlier, I'm completely puzzled how some people get 40 hours out of the game. Do they run in circles in the Citadel for hours?

They complete all the sidequests and search the planets for more than just what's marked on the map. It is possible to burn through the game in under 15 hours, but that would require ignoring a great deal of the sidequests.

Top Bottom