• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
CitizenCope said:
This game sounds like a bitch in both difficulty level and with bugs.
Asked for it for x-mas but after reading this thread I hope I don't get it.

If I could stab VIA internet, you would be dead.

Bebpo

Banned
yukoner said:
Pistol + Marksmenship = life saver

Hmmm...I haven't even used my pistol once, lol. I figured it would suck and why use it if I have better weapons... ^^;

CitizenCope said:
This game sounds like a bitch in both difficulty level and with bugs.
Asked for it for x-mas but after reading this thread I hope I don't get it.

Game is amazing. Deal with occasional bugs or annoying part to get enjoyment out of everything else. Did you like KoTOR? Because this game is about 10x better in every aspect.

ME is my favorite w-rpg I've played so far. I'm not a fan of the genre, but ME is awesome.

soco

holy shit i just found something kinda funny.

i'm on some planet, and i found these animals named 'shifty looking cow' and it gives you the option to talk to them. they don't really say anything? but it seems sometimes they'll start taking money from you when you turn your back.

TheWolf

Banned
subrock said:
and what does the sphere give you when united with its couterpart?

it gives you a good amount of XP and
tells a story about a caveman seen through the eyes of Shepard. turns out the good ancient robot guys had been studying humans for a very long time from their base on Mars.

For anyone having a hard time with the puzzle in Noveria, here is how to clear it:

01 x to y
02 x to b
03 y to b
04 x to y
05 b to x
06 b to y
07 x to y
08 x to b
09 y to b
10 y to x
11 b to x
12 y to b
13 x to y
14 x to b
15 y to b

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Masta_Killah said:
For anyone having a hard time with the puzzle in Noveria, here is how to clear it:

01 x to y
02 x to b
03 y to b
04 x to y
05 b to x
06 b to y
07 x to y
08 x to b
09 y to b
10 y to x
11 b to x
12 y to b
13 x to y
14 x to b
15 y to b

no trouble with puzzle just with fight at the end. haha

My first playthrough was about 15 hrs. and almost no sidequests. Now, I'm on the new game+ and doing everything. It feels like a different game. Absolutely amazing. Vanguards ftw!

TheWolf said:
it gives you a good amount of XP and
tells a story about a caveman seen through the eyes of Shepard. turns out the good ancient robot guys had been studying humans for a very long time from their base on Mars.

Wtf are you guys talking about? Sounds awesome.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Where is the Hercules cluster? I want to investigate those monkeys. A ha, I found you! now where...

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
There needs to be a new thread for the novaria fight.

Cuz every couple pages theres someone askin' about it and it gets buried quick.

I know when i asked way back I got like no answer. I ended up just lucking out. I feel peoples pain when I see em ask about it. It's just plain fucked.

My plan was running like hell with barrier on and a shotgun out and letting my crew clean up

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, I can't replicate the Paragon Monkey glitch. So, seems a little bizarre. But I am very impressed with that mission. The feeling of being out in space, isolated, and in a dangerous environment is very real. It's almost suffocating.

JeStaH

I'm about 22 hours and holy crap is this game immersive. I am taking my time with this one. I'm doing alot of side quests and slowly developing the story.

The graphics are stunning! While there are some minor issues here and there. Overall it's the most beautiful fully realized virtual world I've seen so far. The Citadel is just crazy. I love just exploring and running around.

The character designs are phenomal. Awesome lighting and great textures and lots of little details in the animations and facial expressions.

I love having so many choices. While I know I must eventually
stop serin from destroying all of humanity
. I'm having blast just helping different species with their little problems. Really makes u feel like a space cowboy. Like a sherrif who makes his owns law.. For the good of the galaxy of course!

Awesome stuff!!!

Sol.. said:
There needs to be a new thread for the novaria fight.

Cuz every couple pages theres someone askin' about it and it gets buried quick.

I know when i asked way back I got like no answer. I ended up just lucking out. I feel peoples pain when I see em ask about it. It's just plain fucked.

My plan was running like hell with barrier on and a shotgun out and letting my crew clean up

You guys need to equip the right mods for your weapons. For example, incendiary rounds works really well with the enemies. So does attack bonus rounds against organics. Also, don't move straight towards the queen. After the 2nd wave, head right and take the walkway from that direction. Kill the guards and then you're done. Always have bio and/or tech activated. Oh, also, you have to switch your armor from regen(for the bugs) to shield bonus.

As for the other part in the labs, stay back in the room, kill a few, then you need to move forward to the other room. Then when your a few steps past the door, hold a to run and make a dash towards the elevator.

segarr

The problem with the Noveria fight is
the area it takes place in. It's such a weird room for them to have a boss fight in....bad choice in term of level design far as I'm concerned. You can't even hit her from behind, theres basically no cover to speak of, and the minions that you HAVE TO KILL to beat her always seem to be somewhere where you risk getting killed just to get to them.

Anyways, just finished Feros....30 hours in! Man, this planet really started out slow for me but wait till it's all finished!

segarr said:
Anyways, just finished Feros....30 hours in! Man, this planet really started out slow for me but wait till it's all finished!

Slow, really? Personally i loved the whole corporate black mail thing going on. It was very nicely done.

quick question about where I would buy these items I seemed to unlock.

basically I
helped this Asari person is a high up position get information about her black mailing sister or something and I told her that I would rather get help than money, she agreed and said I can get prototype asari things or whats, but where would I buy them?

also, will this
Conrad Verner person
cause problems?

h_a_t

h_a_t said:
What the freakin' hell...
I just started getting into the game, a little less than three hours in, and all of a sudden I can't even play any fuckin' more.
The Xbox will just remain frozen and I can't even get to the dashboard, and I'll just have to power down completely.

Tried Halo, Bioshock, Forza, Naruto, COD4 and they all work just fine.
I start up Mass Effect and resume or load a previous game(it doesn't matter), I get 5 seconds into the game and it will just freeze up.
Disc is literally flawless and Xbox is about as well ventilated as possible.

Did a search and I've come up with this:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=599784&forum=124

Haven't tried it yet, but #6 on that link to the microsoft page is:

I mean, I'm less than three hours in.........but c'mon.
:(

hahahahaa.
The clearing of the cache didn't work the first time, did the second time....but for about 10 minutes, then I got the red-ring-of love.
Damn you.........damn you!

segarr

Lostconfused said:
Slow, really? Personally i loved the whole corporate black mail thing going on. It was very nicely done.

Like I said, by the time the level was finished, I couldn't get enough....it just started out kind of bad.

Honestly, I didn't think it was as graphically up to standards as the rest of the game, I guess after all these FPS's I can't stomach these "destroyed beauty" concepts anymore. I dunno, it just felt too much like Kotor in the very beginning (By the time I got to the Mako and drive across the bridge, that nostalgic feeling was dwindling already).

TheFreshPrince

Is it possible to change classes once in the game? It was mentioned in previews that it would be possible to ie change from Vanguard to Soldier, etc.....anyone know?

TheFreshPrince said:
Is it possible to change classes once in the game? It was mentioned in previews that it would be possible to ie change from Vanguard to Soldier, etc.....anyone know?

Not sure. I unlocked something while playing that had two classes. I had to choose between basically a soldier and a tech. I went to the stats page and it said nothing about the upgrade. I still dont know if it did anything.

Masta_Killah said:
Not sure. I unlocked something while playing that had two classes. I had to choose between basically a soldier and a tech. I went to the stats page and it said nothing about the upgrade. I still dont know if it did anything.

No its just an upgrade to your current class.

Waikis

Such an awesome game . I did all of the sidequests before any of the main quests and by the time I went to the main missions such as Feros or Matriarch I was around level 36 :D. I think it makes the game really fast if you power grind or do lots of sidequests in the beginning since I never/rarely died in the latter part of the game.
My complete time : ~20 hrs level 47 (I got the completionist achievement).
Btw : Is there any spectre master gear for armors?

FIRST POST!

tak

Masta_Killah said:
Basically, it gives you another area where you can level up the traits listed under the sub-class you choose. There should be a new leveling category open, one that was not before.

Cloudy

Banned
Can someone tell me how to destroy the Geth ship claw on Feros? I'm right there but I don't see anything to shoot

edit: nm found it

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Leveling and grinding early in the game seems really key. I guess thats what people meant when they said this game would "punish you for playing it wrong". I walked into that fight with Matriarch as only a level 13 Vanguard and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. Not going to make that mistake again.

p3tran

Banned
God's Beard said:
I'm playing as a Shock Trooper Soldier right now on hard, and I'm wondering if your squadmates have a purpose other than giving you a reason to use Unity? I'm not saying they die a lot, but I don't think I really need the help. It's fun watching them launch people around with biotics like they think they're helping me.

you must spend time and resources to properly level up your team as well as their equipment, too.

I've seen other people complain about the squad members, each one having a personal favorite to call "dumbass" :lol

the truth is that if you manage your team as well as your main character, your team will be smoking aliens like there's no tomorrow.

recently I had to downgrade the weapons of my team, and make them use weapons that they have no specialization at all (ex tali -> sniper), so that I get to kill some aliens myself -before my team does them- to get those killing achievements.

tak said:
Basically, it gives you another area where you can level up the traits listed under the sub-class you choose. There should be a new leveling category open, one that was not before.

Not really. If you look at your talents, your class talent is short a couple of points compared to the others. You unlock the rest of the points by becoming a special class which changes the name of that talent and unlocks the extra points.

Justin

I need help at the last area, I might of run into a bug.

I am trying to get the security room to open the door that Saren went to. Problem is that it wont let me target the green button to open the door to the elevator that leads to the security room. Anyone else have this problem?

Nevermind, I found another path.

Cloudy

Banned
TeethMummy said:
Leveling and grinding early in the game seems really key. I guess thats what people meant when they said this game would "punish you for playing it wrong". I walked into that fight with Matriarch as only a level 13 Vanguard and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. Not going to make that mistake again.

From what I've seen, unless you do the sidequests, you'll never have enough credits for the best weapons and armor..

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Red Blaster said:
Are there any repercussions to
unlocking the restricted area in Peak 15 and killing the captain dude plus all his ECRS guards?

I think thats one of two paths you can take to the next part of the mission. one is a firefight, the other more of a sneaking mission. Check your journal.

Y2Kev said:
Okay, I can't replicate the Paragon Monkey glitch. So, seems a little bizarre. But I am very impressed with that mission. The feeling of being out in space, isolated, and in a dangerous environment is very real. It's almost suffocating.
Is this the space monkey mission everyone is talking about? How do I access it?

Top Bottom