• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Meltzer says this: "There are those within the TV Industry that believe the deal with WWE is done with NBCU and they're going to announce it on Thursday. I have no idea about the money but I would think it's going to be a match of whoever the highest outside bidder was."
Smackdown better go live

Anth0ny

If the Shookcast happens, it needs its own identity to make sense.

-- No news. Other shows do news and have legit sources, we don't want to waste peoples' time repeating news they can hear better elsewhere.

-- Keep it under an hour.

-- Review significant content, milestones, etc.

-- If possible, review "new" Network content as it releases, provide a "guide" for people with the Network.

As much as I like international stuff, there's merits to being a Network-only focused show - it ensures any Network subscriber can easily click on the show and see what we've been talking about. On the other hand, that ease of access would be absent reviewing indie or international shows, as they're not set in stone on the internet as much as we'd like.

Fuck that. Less than an hour is way too short for any podcast imo. Don't feel pressured to pump out a 3 hour beast of a podcast, but don't feel pressured to keep it that short either. Length should depend on the show being reviewed. A podcast about a huge show like Wrestlemania 17 obviously deserves more time (and would probably generate a lot more discussion) than a random episode of Total Divas.

Other than that, I like all of those points. Covering stuff only on the Network is a smart idea. I'd definitely listen to a Wrassle Gafcast :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that. Less than an hour is way too short for any podcast imo. Don't feel pressured to pump out a 3 hour beast of a podcast, but don't feel pressured to keep it that short either. Length should depend on the show being reviewed. A podcast about a huge show like Wrestlemania 17 obviously deserves more time (and would probably generate a lot more discussion) than a random episode of Total Divas.

Other than that, I like all of those points. Covering stuff only on the Network is a smart idea. I'd definitely listen to a Wrassle Gafcast :)

Well I think the issue with say, Review-A-Wai, like, I like Damien Abraham but when he's on, the first 45 minutes are bullshit stories. When they normally do a show, it's 30 minutes of bullshit before even digging in.

I wager around an hour would be the sweet spot. We'll see though. I've got some ideers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once school is over next week, I really want to start work on DMczaf's New Generation Corner.

You'll always have a corner at LEGITSHOOK.COM
ipSJG8JACFdpu.gif

Sblargh

Banned
http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/cant-wrestling-putting-belt-actor-perfectly-acceptable/

So, this pretty much sums up what he thinks about everything, right?

"And that’s the challenge, my friends, and foes–-to get them to stop on your show. You don’t care who they are, what their creed, religion, sex, or age–-you just want those two eye balls that will add to your bottom line rating the next day–-two eyeballs that might come back the next week to see what crazy “stunt” you’re going to pull next. What do you think the “Attitude Era” was? Do you think people tuned it to see Sean Waltman and Sean Morley have a 10 star match? No—they tuned it to see X-Pac and DX formally introduce Chyna’s breast implants to the world as the two “newest members) of DX, and when and if Val Venus was actually going to get his privates hacked off!!! “Chop off pee-pee” freakin’ CLASSIC!!!"

strobogo

Banned
Shookcast seems like it would be hard to do. 3-4 people on Skype talking over each other? It'd take a lot of work to make it work I think.

I just realized that if I want to be part of this hypothetical podcast, then I'd need to subscribe to the network.
Shookcast seems like it would be hard to do. 3-4 people on Skype talking over each other? It'd take a lot of work to make it work I think.
The only hard part would be getting a schedule and sticking to it. Then make one person moderate the discussion, and you're more or less set.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

2 people, 3 maximum. Anything more is a fucking mess, no matter the quality of people on. Shooting for two.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Yes! 1989 is done! I'll probably take a little break now, but that Flair/Funk I Quit match was great, yeah? I think I've seen it before, but I still had a heck of a time watching it.

Alucard

Banned
Yes! 1989 is done! I'll probably take a little break now, but that Flair/Funk I Quit match was great, yeah? I think I've seen it before, but I still had a heck of a time watching it.

You're a brave man for wading through so much utter shit.

2 people, 3 maximum. Anything more is a fucking mess, no matter the quality of people on. Shooting for two.

For something less than an hour, 2 or 3 people would work. I would suggest more people the longer you go, however. It would make for less dead air while you're thinking about something to talk about. Nobody is a professional here, so there's guaranteed to be a bunch of "hmmmms" and such.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For something less than an hour, 2 or 3 people would work. I would suggest more people the longer you go, however. It would make for less dead air while you're thinking about something to talk about. Nobody is a professional here, so there's guaranteed to be a bunch of "hmmmms" and such.

I...I'm actually a professional :/

8 years of experience at my job's podcast as well :(

wargh

I already run a cast of my own about rasslin, but we record on an irregular schedule (but at least once a month). They're fun, but keeping the body count down is a MUST.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I already run a cast of my own about rasslin, but we record on an irregular schedule (but at least once a month). They're fun, but keeping the body count down is a MUST.

You do? Sheeit, I've followed you on twitter for a couple years and never caught it. What's the name? I'm curious~

Zach

You're a brave man for wading through so much utter shit.

I know what you really mean by "brave" and I agree -- I'm an idiot.

Seriously, though. It's been pretty fun overall. And I figured with the Network, if I didn't just watch everything chronologically, I'd end up spinning my wheels revisiting the same events over and over again every six months or whatever. Might as well just go for the gusto and watch everything, ya know? Then I know I haven't missed out on anything.

The question is, I guess, when do I stop? I haven't really figured that out yet...

strobogo

Banned
I know what you really mean by "brave" and I agree -- I'm an idiot.

Seriously, though. It's been pretty fun overall. And I figured with the Network, if I didn't just watch everything chronologically, I'd end up spinning my wheels revisiting the same events over and over again every six months or whatever. Might as well just go for the gusto and watch everything, ya know? Then I know I haven't missed out on anything.

The question is, I guess, when do I stop? I haven't really figured that out yet...

Well, you'll eventually catch up with more modern WWE. You could probably stop by 2003. You'll WANT to stop waaaaaaay before that.

Heel

I look forward to being a guest on the Daniel Bryan episode, perhaps having "internet trouble" if DMczaf starts to get the upper hand by breaking down RAW ratings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is what happens when you don't share your personal life! My point still stands, however. More people if you're going above an hour, but I wouldn't go above 4-5, max.

Yeah there's no chance in hell I'd go past 3. Every added person is A: someone new and B: someone who can potentially talk over someone else and C: someone who can feel neglected because good conversation usually is either a two-way street or has 3 people. Anything more than that and you have issues with people telling who's who, noise, another spot where things can fail, really anything.

As fun as it would be to be on the WrassleGAF Slamboree Presented by Legitshook.com 8-person community roundtable, it wouldn't be fun to listen to imho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Saturday Night was still pretty important into 1997. Top guys still appeared on it. Angles still carried over from Nitro. Once Thunder started, Saturday Night became full on random matches and was almost always better than Thunder even without any storylines. The last year or so was NXT with its own roster of Power Plant guys trying out various gimmicks before getting brought up to the main roster (all at once, basically) with its own storylines, its own title (TV Championship), and various old dudes coming in to work. It wasn't good, because these dudes were super super green, but it was more interesting than Thunder or Nitro.

ix2sYo9v2nmFc.gif

I meant NXT as better week in week out than Smackdown but you're right that during the end of days it literally became an even greener NXT.

Cagey

Banned
Watching NXT. WWE finally trying to tap into their weeaboo desu demo with this Bliss chick. A sexualized 12 year old omg kawaiiiiii.

Top Bottom