• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Sblargh

Banned
HOLY SHIT, Adam Rose parties with THE WORST FUCKING PEOPLE ever!

The friends I party with have my back when other drunk people tried to start shit with me, but Adam Rose gets beat down and they collectively back down when a guy attacks Adam? Fuck them, terrible friends.

He is the fighter, all the others are the lovers.

joelseph

HOLY SHIT, Adam Rose parties with THE WORST FUCKING PEOPLE ever!

The friends I party with have my back when other drunk people tried to start shit with me, but Adam Rose gets beat down and they collectively back down when a guy attacks Adam? Fuck them, terrible friends.

They are under Leo Kruger's spell.

tumblr_n5v9dmJUKE1r89qoso3_400.gif

Browny

Banned
With Smackdown being shot tonight in London, there's the rumoured debut of the new face of the WWE Universe:

ImpureBrilliantHarvestmouse.gif

I still think someone with more time and talent than me
(everyone)
should edit this so it reads NEOGAF, WRASSLEGAF or LEGITSHOOK.

Sblargh

Banned
People complaining about commentary team reminded me of the former ref. that went on Stone Cold's podcast and he said people had he wearing an earpiece while on the ring, and would give him instructions for him to call spots during the match.
Earpieces are a curse to wrestling. I was thinking about the frequent silences during matches and it might be they hearing someone babbling lines on their ears. It must be very hard to call a match while someone is in your ear distracting you with instructions.

DMczaf

So now that WWE is broke, what happens to WrassleGAF? Do we have to start cutting costs?

I vote that the first cut is bean breath.

Aiii

So not worth it
Former WWE Diva Eve Torres has been working on the set of an action drama series titled Matador. It's being directed by Robert Rodriguez for a July debut on the El Rey network. The show focuses on a playboy soccer star who is really a CIA agent. Eve plays a sports reporter and former college soccer player Reyna Flores.

EVE IS BACK!

mrboo001

Banned
Sleeveless Dale Earnhardt #3 shirt with mustard stains. Using a beer in a coozy as a foreign object. Spit Skoal juice in his opponent's eye.

I could go on, but I think people see that this would take him to the top. Don't think for a second that I'm being sarcastic.

I don't care how far back this post is... but it is brilliantly! But I have another idea: Steen is Canadian. Do you know what else is Canadian? The Trailer Park Boys. Rip that show off for all it's worth! It is even old enough that Vince might of heard about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My god this match..the feels. I've been missing so much. Thank you for that Vince.

I'm glad to join. Can't wait to get to know the rest of the NJPW roster besides the main ones you all talk about here.

Kinda old at this point but Boots wrote this and it's a very good intro to a lot of NJPW personalities.

http://senorlariato.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

Really goddamn good writeup, looking forward to his 2014 edition hosted exclusively by legitshook.com.

My god this match..the feels. I've been missing so much. Thank you for that Vince.

I'm glad to join. Can't wait to get to know the rest of the NJPW roster besides the main ones you all talk about here.

My fav match of last year

And the only thing I can say about NJPW is be realistic. There is a lot of hype surrounding the fed so everyone seems to expect every match to be some sort of classic. It isn't like that. That being said, it is extremely fun to watch and enjoy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

And the only thing I can say about NJPW is be realistic. There is a lot of hype surrounding the fed so everyone seems to expect every match to be some sort of classic. It isn't like that. That being said, it is extremely fun to watch and enjoy.

Day 4 of the G1 last year says you're wrong! But that was an anomaly. You'd be hard pressed to find an event as good as a few of the G1 days were last year. Phenomenal.

Day 4 of the G1 last year says you're wrong! But that was an anomaly. You'd be hard pressed to find an event as good as a few of the G1 days were last year. Phenomenal.

Yeah but last year, they were going for that type of show. I believe that now, they are trying to build up to the main event where the second half of the show is full of the heavy hitters as opposed to last year where it wasn't like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but last year, they were going for that type of show. I believe that now, they are trying to build up to the main event where the second half of the show is full of the heavy hitters as opposed to last year where it wasn't like that.

G1 is an interesting booker's nightmare. How do you keep it competitive but not keep it predictable? It's fascinating and tough as hell - and you also have to work around injury.

That said, I'm pleased with what they're doing on this year's. Spreading it out a little, giving people a little time. G1 2013 was just unbelievable on every level, the injuries were a real bummer but you have to expect it.

Mengetsu

Kinda old at this point but Boots wrote this and it's a very good intro to a lot of NJPW personalities.

http://senorlariato.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

Really goddamn good writeup, looking forward to his 2014 edition hosted exclusively by legitshook.com.

Thanks guys will watch this and read later on!

Alucard

Banned
After watching ROH/NJPW this past weekend and blasting Shinsuke Nakamora's theme the past two days I'm officially a fan of NJPW. I'm glad they did this cross over event cause it finally gave me a chance to watch them properly. King of strong style has too much SWAG to deny him any longer! I guess I have something else to look forward too now because WWE has been dropping the ball with ALMOST everything post WM30.

Same here. Love me some ROH and New Japan right now.

And everyone's supposedly still burnt out from last year's G1 almost a year later. That kind of pace was unsustainable, but it was great while it lasted.

He's a genius. Space between moves. Make it count. Make it special. Hard to be an individual when everyone else is thinking short-term.

Yeah, it was a brilliant read. I think there is a place for both styles in wrestling, just a matter of your tastes and what you enjoy. I know people here tend to criticize a lot for "lol indy wrestling" but even then, there is still an art and style to it. There have been plenty of spot monkey type of matches where it is boring and has no flow even if the guys are flying all over the place.

<3 Tanahashi

<3 Wrestling

Yeah, it was a brilliant read. I think there is a place for both styles in wrestling, just a matter of your tastes and what you enjoy. I know people here tend to criticize a lot for "lol indy wrestling" but even then, there is still an art and style to it. There have been plenty of spot monkey type of matches where it is boring and has no flow even if the guys are flying all over the place.

<3 Tanahashi

<3 Wrestling

You're not going to start a "This is wrestling" chant, are you?

Most ridiculous chant I heard recently was at Progress this past Sunday as, upon seeing Robbie X's berry red face, the crowd started a chorus of "he's got a red face on his face".

Bootaaay congratulations on keeping Big Sam, just saw it online.

Better than Moyes, I guess. Now let's hope he can do some decent business in the transfer window. Hah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Transistor going to be another one of those games game journalists ejaculate indie goo all over and I stand looking around in confusion a la Bastion?

Is Transistor going to be another one of those games game journalists ejaculate indie goo all over and I stand looking around in confusion a la Bastion?

I dunno, did you play either game? Because Bastion was the shit.

But seriously contemplating Wolfenstein or that. Wolfenstein seems like a game that'll be dirt cheap in 3 months while Transistor is a third of the price. But I feel like I'll have a better time with Wolfenstein.

Top Bottom