• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bastion didn't do much for me. Felt inspired but the mechanics were junk to me.

Dthomp

The only way I could imagine Bray winning that is if he uses Little Johnny and threatens to hit him face first with a chair tied to three sledgehammers using barbed wires.

Cena would still only do it if Little Johnny is a Make a Wish Kid that he can look good next too. If that kid is fine, Cena lets him take a shot from that awful sounding weapon of destruction and just smiles it off for the camera.

Can't stand Mario Kart, don't see what everyone else sees in it. Same goes for Smash Bros.

Wolfenstein's pretty good so far, about 4 chapters into it. The gun play is solid and there's quite a bit of weaponry, plus I'm enjoying the story and the level design has been great with a bunch of secrets and optional stuff to complete.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope your little karting game is fun. I bought the new Wargame game. 1450 units in an RTS, fucking stupid.
Can't stand Mario Kart, don't see what everyone else sees in it. Same goes for Smash Bros.

Wolfenstein's pretty good so far, about 4 chapters into it. The gun play is solid and there's quite a bit of weaponry, plus I'm enjoying the story and the level design has been great with a bunch of secrets and optional stuff to complete.

"better than expected" is how Wolfenstein is coming across, would like to try it. Do you feel guilty killing your people yet?

Bowser

aQVFpfi.gif

I can't imagine going through college without those OG Mario Kart and Smash Bros N64 gameathons with my college bros. Ah, those were the days.

Watching Raw was almost like a chore last night, so it's probably a good time to just bow out of it for a while. All momentum felt out of Wrestlemania feels gone, and the only thing I guess keeping me watching was D-Bry. I feel Payback will have a few good matches but my interest in the show is at all time low levels. Everything feels like it's in a holding pattern.

Vylash

hhhkane.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll assume Boots is wracked with guilt right now to admit he feels it. It's alright brother.

Mario Kart really needs to branch out into all Nintendo properties like Smash Bros did. Still, Smash Bros isn't even a fighting game anyway. Never made sense to me.

"Captain of Team Fruity"

I know it's immature, but I laughed.

The matching Fruity Pebbles hat and wristbands were a nice touch.

I don't know if he deserves credit or whatnot but this is probably why Cena will always remain on top or close to it. I like Bryan but I can't see him doing stuff like this and pulling it off... goes for anyone on the roster besides Cena really. He does lots of stuff that appeal to kids.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think there was a thread a week ago complaining MK had too many white guys or something.

most games do. we need more diversity, and not the checkbox kind. hell you can pick any game and say "there's too many white males" in it and I'm inclined to agree

Smash Bros is trash compared to the magnificence that is Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Oh, and Virtua Fighter (the king of 3d fighting games).

And damn you Vince, I love killing nazis, just as my forefathers did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Smash Bros is trash compared to the magnificence that is Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Oh, and Virtua Fighter (the king of 3d fighting games).

And damn you Vince, I love killing nazis, as my forefathers did.

That's why I asked you about guilt! I'll never forget the anti-Stro joke you told about something something watchtower, grandparent, it was in bad taste so I forgot it.

You're a good soul recognizing 3S as being one of the best and VF as the most honest fighter out there.

It's really weird to me this gen I started being as into fighting games as ever, but age and online play and FGC turning to shit has really soured me on the genre, as far as playing competitively. Now I just play for fun, and I get a lot of fun out of Injustice, weirdly enough - that broken-ass game.

My love for KOF has weakened a little, not as much as SF. Really not a fan of what SF turned into. My last real love affair with a fighting game was SF4 vanilla. :(

Then we got those shit ports of old KOF games. That one on 360, I think it was 99 Dream Match? Wasn't even fucking translated to English. That's some sad shit.

I'll still enjoy Capcom Fighting Jam besides it being fucking weird as hell, and I'll enjoy KOF, and everything, I just got old.

most games do. we need more diversity, and not the checkbox kind. hell you can pick any game and say "there's too many white males" in it and I'm inclined to agree

To be honest, I didn't really read much of the original post which is my fault. I kinda thought it was made to piggy back off the "controversial" Far Cry 4 cover thread.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Mario Kart is the same every year with better graphics'
'OMG SO WHAT SO ARE OTHER GAMES'

is pretty much the last mario kart conversation i had on gaming side.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I didn't really read much of the original post which is my fault. I kinda thought it was made to piggy back off the "controversial" Far Cry 4 cover thread.

Bums me out how that turned out. Because the end result is more homogenization of games, more plain things. "Least offensive" is the go-to for so many devs, and publishers push them for it. JE Sawyer from Obsidian mentioned it - that the reason why there are so many Cole-from-Infamous out there is because nobody wants to touch the issue and sacrifice sales when things are so volatile out there where a whole studio can be sunk if they don't hit their unrealistic targets. Nobody wants to take a chance, so they shut up the loudest people (white hetero gamers) by catering to them and continuing the status quo.

It sucks. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My brother got an xbone(which makes me laugh as it is) but hearing him talking to it in the other room is making me laugh even harder.

Xbone owners more embarassing than wrasslin shirt owners

Bums me out how that turned out. Because the end result is more homogenization of games, more plain things. "Least offensive" is the go-to for so many devs, and publishers push them for it. JE Sawyer from Obsidian mentioned it - that the reason why there are so many Cole-from-Infamous out there is because nobody wants to touch the issue and sacrifice sales when things are so volatile out there where a whole studio can be sunk if they don't hit their unrealistic targets. Nobody wants to take a chance, so they shut up the loudest people (white hetero gamers) by catering to them and continuing the status quo.

It sucks. :(

Yet people still rag on Daniel Bryan's looks in this very thread :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bowser according to Gaf awhile ago is a minority so there is one.

If MK is Cena of games then what does that make Smash Bros?

hmmmmm. fans act as if Smash Bro is some serious sports even though it's not. Childishly easy to play and not difficult to master. insane, delusional fans. The creator hates them and fucks with them at every turn for trying to turn his goofy party game into a serious competitor...

image.php

And damn you Vince, I love killing nazis, just as my forefathers did.

Virtua Fighter is indeed the best 3d fighting series ever. I'm also jealous of your Sega collection.

XenoRaven

Comparing Smash Bros to 3S is like comparing Mario Strikers to FIFA. The form is the same but the execution is completely different. There's not really a comparison to be made.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why is Cesaro a heel? None of his mannerisms give credence to it. Yeah I know his manager is Heyman, but it just seems more and more like a pointless switch. I wish he was still with Real Americans.

Gorillaz

@sunny FarCry 3 was pretty terrible story wise so I'm not holding my breath with 4. Especially since it's AC3 director who is doing it.

hmmmmm. fans act as if Smash Bro is some serious sports even though it's not. Childishly easy to play and not difficult to master. insane, delusional fans. The creator hates them and fucks with them at every turn for trying to turn his goofy party game into a serious competitor...

image.php
Lmao damn

hey duncan, this has been a rough few months for you huh

edit: actually rough year to be honest

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Vince no upgrading to Ultra in 2 Weeks?
I still think SF 2 CE is the best or top 3

It's so cheap I probably will. Low expectations though, AE sucked the fun out of it.

Yet people still rag on Daniel Bryan's looks in this very thread :p

He's as close to a WWE fan stereotype as you can get. Won't get a haircut, nasty beard, problems speaking in public

No love for tekken tho :(

TTT2 was dope, but Tekken's always been a more casual fightah

@sunny FarCry 3 was pretty terrible story wise so I'm not holding my breath with 4. Especially since it's AC3 director who is doing it.

ouff, is it? Damn, now I have no expectations. Still, FC's best parts are in their sandbox approach to get shit done. I expect THAT will at least be thrilling.

Top Bottom