• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

From 2016

Profits are up $13.9 million for Q1 2016 as compared to $9.8 million for Q1 2015 while revenue finished at $171 million for Q1 2016, down from the $176.2 million they did in Q1 2015.

The decrease in revenue year to year can be completely attributed to WrestleMania being in the first quarter last year and second quarter this year. That significantly decreased live event revenue in taking out the WrestleMania gate, as well as merchandise revenue

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/w...social-media-relevancy-discussion-more-212531
If this is all accurate WWE did lose 13 Million+ in profit when comparing Q1 2016 and Q1 2017....

Weird

http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/...&FilingId=12040017&CIK=0001091907&Index=10000

Search for 888 and you'll see income from 2017 vs 2016

CWC
G1
BOLA

Move over the GOAT tournament is back

C_BiAhKUwAAbdTH.jpg

Zandig vs Nick Gage could be a 6* classic

There are still tickets here for Survivor Series. I might get 1 when it's closer.

They sell them that far out in advanced? Suprised, I thought maybe SS or WM are the only ones where you buy them months and months ahead of time. Though, I've seen SD be sold like 9 months before the actual event. I guess it just varies.

At some point all these free WWE Network promos are going to catch up them. You can only juke stats for MAU for so long

For what it's worth it looks like the massive difference is entirely from this

Corporate and Other

Corporate and Other expenses increased to $58.9 million from $42.1 million in the prior year quarter. As defined, these expenses include corporate G&A expenses as well as Business Support costs, such as sales, marketing, and talent development costs, which are not allocated to specific segments. For the first quarter 2017, Corporate and Other included non-recurring expenses of $5.6 million primarily related to certain legal matters and other contractual obligations. Excluding these costs, Corporate and Other expenses increased $11.2 million primarily due to increases in stock compensation ($2.2 million) that derived from a rise in the Company's stock price and increases in other expenses ($9.0 million) that reflected the timing of key strategic initiatives. For the remainder of the year, the Company expects lower Corporate and Other expenses than in the comparable 2016 period, excluding the potential impact of increased incentive compensation due to company over-performance or stock price appreciation.

So looks looks like it was an increase in spending in certain areas that aren't permanent... That 16.8 Million increase certainly explains the difference be 14 million profit last year and 888,000 this year.

Also apparently they only did .8 in Q2 of last year so it's possible with how they shift around money Q2 this year will look closer to Q1 last year.

Their stock is down but not taking so I don't think this is an economic catastrophe , which a 13 million dollar difference you'd think would invoke, but it is weak

Also apparently they lose money on Digital Media aka Youtube

Wow, so when they were rebranding to WWE from WWF, some of the investors(marketing, merch, and promotions) wanted to get the word, "wrestling" out of there. They also pushed hard for the "entertainment" thing. Ha, Vince probably put his foot in their ass for the "wrestling" thing. I can't wait for Bruce to do a full show on this.

For what it's worth it looks like the massive difference is entirely from this

I know it's not tied to the other numbers, but I was speaking to them looking healthier than they are for viewership. Lots of companies use free access as a way to boost MAU, but it all eventually fizzles out as it becomes clear that the MAU don't line up with the revenue or the MAU suddenly drop off.

Wow, so when they were rebranding to WWE from WWF, some of the investors(marketing, merch, and promotions) wanted to get the word, "wrestling" out of there. They also pushed hard for the "entertainment" thing. Ha, Vince probably put his foot in their ass for the "wrestling" thing. I can't wait for Bruce to do a full show on this.

Vince was probably all in.. he hates the word wrestling because he thinks he's doing something bigger

jmdajr

Vince was probably all in.. he hates the word wrestling because he thinks he's doing something bigger

These athletes, performers, competitors!

We are going to have a match! To see who is the best at this business, because I am greatest at this!

I am going to have to pay attention how often they don't say the word wrestling.

somedevil

How the women's tournament is going to go down:

PW Insider is reporting some plans that have apparently been firmed up. The tournament will be filmed in July at Full Sail University, though they could also film elsewhere. It will be a lot like the Cruiserweight Classic, and focus on international wrestlers. Background checks for possible contenders are ongoing. The finals of the tournament will be a live Network special that would air on Aug. 29.

So the finals happen after Summerslam. So whoever is going to be Asuka will either be in chicago or at NXT Brooklyn.

If Ember is out it makes since for Asuka to win in Chicago and build up the rematch for
Brooklyn.

Cause after this current NXT tour she will be 172-0. 1 away from tie Bill and 2 away from breaking it.

How the women's tournament is going to go down:

So the finals happen after Summerslam. So whoever is going to be Asuka will either be in chicago or at NXT Brooklyn.

If Ember is out it makes since for Asuka to win in Chicago and build up the rematch for
Brooklyn.

Cause after this current NXT tour she will be 172-0. 1 away from tie Bill and 2 away from breaking it.

I would really love for the WWE to eventually move on from Full Sail.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seth's promo on Raw this week was one of the worst promos I've heard in a long time. Bayley sounds nervous and kind of bad when she cuts that promo, but it works on certain levels because she's Bayley and that's her character, and always has been her character.

It not only comes off as pandering cheesedick nonsense when Seth's character (especially one with a history like Seth's character) does it, but Seth himself can't deliver the line very well.

Caderfix

Are there any recent rumors about Asuka going to the main roster?

Seth's promo on Raw this week was one of the worst promos I've heard in a long time. Bayley sounds nervous when she cuts that promo, but it works on some level because she's Bayley. It not only comes off as pandering cheesedick nonsense when Seth's character does it, but Seth himself can't deliver the line very well.

He would work well as an asshole type face. Cool and cocky dude sure that he's the best, being relatively nice to anyone, but still putting himself over the rest. A pure whitebread babyface Seth is not going to happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yoshihiro Takayama landed badly after attempting a Sunset Flip on Yasu Urano, hitting his head off the ring mat. He could not move afterwards so the match was stopped and declared a TKO win for Urano’s team. Takayama was stretchered into an ambulance and taken to hospital afterwards. He was still conscious and able to speak in the meantime.
japans stiffness is catching up to them

Caderfix

Which group? Its just called LPOTL Wrestling on FB. Im not very active on there though tbh.

The Last Podcast community on FB is actually pretty good. Given the weird subject matter most of the people on there are really, really nice and inclusive.

Oh, sorry. I thought one of the hosts was involved, not someone form the group.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm definitely against their stiffness but that really doesn't have anything to do with botching a sunset flip.

if your body is beaten up from taking real fake hits, you're more susceptible to an injury from a simple move

its why misawa died to a pretty regular move

Top Bottom