• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Yoooooooo

C__tF4CUQAAEmNC.jpg

Pikma

Banned
"I want to learn Japanese for all of you guys, I'm really thankful to be in this tournament and I really want to show you just how good I am in order to win over each and everyone of you."

"I'm winning BoSJ!"

In case anyone was wondering

Pikma

Banned
It was Vince who changed Jinder's gimmick to the anti american crap at the last minute, unsurprisingly

The original promo was supposed to have continuity with Jinders old gimmick. "I tried to come in peace but you rejected me, but now I've beat..." .. etc.
Jinder said he was really bummed when he saw the change, feeling down about the stereotype of it all but came around once he heard how much heat it got and pretty much admitted Vince had it right.

It was a better than average "non big show" NJPW show

It'll probably be kinda similar to the G1 where you have some really good matches each night but it is the last few days that get really, crazily good. It usually is. I still had a heap of fun tonight.

And I do feel bad for everyone elsewhere in the world. It is only 10:30 PM here.

Tomorrow's NJPW show is gonna be nice because I should be able to wake up after 5:30 and not miss anything

Taichi and TAKA are gonna tear the house down, friends

Evil Forigner is the "insult the local sports team" of gimmicks, cheap ass heat.

Meltzer is all concerned that Shirai is so small.

I'm pretty sure she can't physically be smaller than Nikki Cross who is doing great.

Io and Kairi are both 5'1" and Meltz going off on Io's size is dumb they have A LOT of women who are around the same height and size, if Asuka at 5'3" can murder Nia Jax Io being a couple inches shorter shouldn't be a problem. If talking about physical size beyond just height, it's still dumb because she was mostly fine over the years working a much more physical style, WWE/NXT is going to largely be easy mode as long as some green PC recruit doesn't fuck something up and injure her.

Io and Kairi are both 5'1" and Meltz going off on Io's size is dumb they have A LOT of women who are around the same height and size, if Asuka at 5'3" can murder Nia Jax Io being a couple inches shorter shouldn't be a problem. If talking about physical size beyond just height, it's still dumb because she was mostly fine over the years working a much more physical style, WWE/NXT is going to largely be easy mode as long as some green PC recruit doesn't fuck something up and injure her.

Yeah I agree. They aren't all that much smaller than most of the women in NXT/WWE. Unless he is worried it is a "Vince" thing to worry about.

When I went to an NXT house show it was kind of jarring how tiny everyone was to be quite honest.

Recall

Watching Choshu v Tenryu from the Jan 4th 1993 NJPW Fantastic Story in Tokyo Dome show.

It was heated, it was political but holy shit it may be the best match that was actually a sloppy mess...they even fucked up the finish with Tenryu unable to lift Choshu for the powerbomb. There were so many blown dodgy looking interactions (Choshu lariating Tenryu square in face after he failed to duck it, Tenryu landing on Choshu's head with an elbow drop from the top that choshu tried to roll out of the way for etc) but it seemed to further add to this bigger than wrestling fight, it was billed after all as the climax of pro wrestling.

Top Bottom