• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create: 28 Aug - 3 Sep

cartman414 said:
Sounds more like an overall shortage of DS cards.
Pokemon can be blamed for that.
I bet they have SHIT loads of those carts ready to go.
Probably more servers too, as this is the game Japan will go online mad with tracking down and trading pokemon they can't be arsed finding!!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
So all you non game haters, with FF3, Rythm Tangoku and Mario Basketball there are now 3 very recent real games where established companies underestimated demand to the point where they completely sold out within 1-3 weeks and had to be reprinted.

I wonder why that is. Especially considering that all of them are on the non-game platform.

I'm keeping with the spirit of this thread of calling rythm tengoku a DS game.

elostyle said:
So all you non game haters, with FF3, Rythm Tangoku and Mario Basketball there are now 3 very recent real games where established companies underestimated demand to the point where they completely sold out within 1-3 weeks and had to be reprinted.

I wonder why that is. Especially considering that all of them are on the non-game platform.

I'm keeping with the spirit of this thread of calling rythm tengoku a DS game.
From now on these three games are also non-games. It's just common sense, man!

jarrod

Banned
A_Lee_N said:
Square-Enix didn't make Final Fantasy 3 DS, Matrix did.. and they probably got a hefty sum for it.
It was actually more like the setup for developing DQ games, with Square Enix Division 3 handling art/scenario/design/music and Matrix handling the engine/coding. Similar to Armor Project (ie: Square Enix Division 9) and Level 5 on DQ8.

Tabris said:
You know what? Straight up, I wanted FF3 on the PSX so I could have completed my collection.
It was actually headed to PS2... hurts, doesn't it. :p

Hopefully DQ6 is next up...

Vargas

jarrod said:
It was actually more like the setup for developing DQ games, with Square Enix Division 3 handling art/scenario/design/music and Matrix handling the engine/coding. Similar to Armor Project (ie: Square Enix Division 9) and Level 5 on DQ8.

Where did that rumor come from?

jarrod

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Anyone got a link to it?
It was in EGM...

"Actually this sought-after remake almost didn't happen on Nintendo's so-hot-right-now portable. "We had started work on a PlayStation 2 version of FFIII," admits Tanaka. "But we changed gears and shifted development to the DS.""

jarrod said:

Woo, such a great thing we got a so called remake with sub-FFIX visuals and NES gameplay mechanics instead of a full-fledged 3D remake with modernized gameplay. Not to forget the great addition of a map screen! THANKS GOD -_-

jarrod

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Woo, such a great thing we got a so called remake with sub-FFIX visuals and NES gameplay mechanics instead of a full-fledged 3D remake with modernized gameplay. Not to forget the great addition of a map screen! THANKS GOD -_-
Who said the PS2 game would've gotten "modernized" gameplay?

LOCK

Great week...FF3 should increase next week if SE did increase shipments. IF it does not increase with the increased shipments then it will turn out to be the same old FF formula.

Lets hope it follows the DS formula: LEGS

Guns N' Poops said:

What makes you think they'd get rid of the NES mechanics in the PS2 game? And isn't FFIII for the DS a full fledged 3D remake already?

Guns N' Poops said:

Bite your tongue, vile serpent!

jarrod said:
Who said the PS2 game would've gotten "modernized" gameplay?

You don't really think they would release it with the same NES battle system after something like FFXII? It would at least see a change to ATB.

Meier

Guns N' Poops said:
You don't really think they would release it with the same NES battle system after something like FFXII? It would at least see a change to ATB.

Why? It'd sell the same amount regardless... why do you expect they'd put in more work than was needed?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Guns N' Poops said:

So bitter :lol

jarrod

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Can't say for sure... I bet it'd have gotten a lot more FMV though.

Actually, it probably would've been pretty much just like the DS game game but higher resolution with better modeling and textures. Probably something more along the lines of DQV PS2 than say FFX.

ethelred

Incidentally, FF3 did have its gameplay modernized. They did work on the Job System here to improve what was in the NES original.

I understand very good, how much less ressources it required for Square Enix. But why jarrod's schadenfreude? Because we got an inferior product.

ethelred

Guns N' Poops said:
I understand very good, how much less ressources it required for Square Enix. But why jarrod's schadenfreude? Because we got an inferior product.

Could you please detail how FF3 DS is inferior to DQV's remake on the PS2? I imagine you've played them both, yes?

jarrod

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
I understand very good, how much less ressources it required for Square Enix. But why jarrod's schadenfreude? Because we got an inferior product, YES.
You seem to be confusing me with dark10x. Also, you're bitter.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Guns N' Poops said:

It's a fine product. Just because it doesn't have this gen graphics doesn't make it an inferior product. Take your sony goggles off.

meppi

Must be the impending lunar eclipse that brings out these guys. :lol

BTW, very nice to see Rhythm Tengoku and Tingle doing good.
Can't wait for Pokémon. And yes, to actually play the game and not just watch the numbers, although that might be entertaining also. ;)

Good word of mouth seems to be helping Rhythm Tengoku a lot. It constatly drops down due to shortages (18th last week) and surges the next week when stock is back in, definitely a good sign. Nice to see Mario Basketball have decent legs as well, I'm still playing a few games a day. Great fun.

clipboard01ky9.jpg

**** me for enjoying games way more on consoles than on handhelds of which they don't take any benefit :(.

Guns N' Poops said:
clipboard01ky9.jpg

**** me for enjoying games way more on consoles than on handhelds of which they don't take any benefit :(.

No benefit? Portable play isn't beneficial at all? Also, you have girly handwriting. :lol

ethelred

Guns N' Poops
Banned
(Today, 12:13 PM)

Maybe people should, like, stop derailing every Media Create thread with how much they loathe the DS and the horrible things it's doing to games that would be good and worthwhile if only they were on non-DS systems.

ethelred said:
Guns N' Poops
Banned

Maybe people should, like, stop derailing every Media Create thread with how much they loathe the DS and the horrible things it's doing to games that would be good and worthwhile if only they were on non-DS systems.

Couldn't agree more. DS trolls are in full force lately (more than usual, that is :/).

ethelred said:
Guns N' Poops
Banned

You're a mod? this trolling atempt should not even be considered a real trolling event when there is an presence in this forum with a treasure game avatar who never fails to troll on any Nintendo thread and never gets recycled......

ethelred

Bluemercury said:
You're a mod?

No, I didn't ban him. I was just offering some friendly advice considering three people have now been banned for that out of this thread.

Bluemercury said:
this trolling atempt should not even be considered a real trolling event when there is an presence in this forum with a treasure game avatar who never fails to troll on any Nintendo thread and never gets recycled......

I have no idea what you just said.

Jiggy

DefectiveReject said:
Pokemon can be blamed for that.
I bet they have SHIT loads of those carts ready to go.
I can only hope so. I demand to see first day and first week Japanese sales records broken, if not also first month.

(And to circumvent certain criticism, yes, I'll be buying the games too. It's my favorite franchise--my post history will back up that much.)

Meier

Has their been a colored DS "cart" yet? I dont think I've noticed any other than the default one... would be nice if they changed that though. A gold-colored Phantom Hourglass would make me smile.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Why am I still amazed at the DS success? It's dominance is only getting more pronounced and shortages have persisted for over 9 months now o_0

Archie said:
Media Create threads are a dangerous place.

bat-country.jpg

Top Bottom