• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Square2005 said:
Bear with me as I proj. Wii sales cuzz I hav nothing to compare them to yet, so:
My COMGNET Estimates for week 11/27:
Code:
1  Tales of Destiny	                           1484	*200	297,000	NEW
2  Final Fantasy VI Advance	             389	*410	159,000	NEW
[B]3 [/B] [B]Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 259	*600	155,000	NEW[/B]
4  Summon Night	                             634	*200	127,000	NEW
[B]5 [/B] [B]Wii Play	                             206             *600	124,000	NEW
[B]6[/B]  Wii Sports	                             154	*600	92,000	NEW[/B]
7  Pocket Monster Diamond	             106	*800	85,000	1,912,000
8  Kirby Star DS	                               62	*950	59,000	411,000
9  Pocket Monster Pearl	               80	*700	56,000	1,596,000
10 Jump Ultimate Stars	               76	*720	55,000	205,000
11 魔界戦記 Disgaea PORTABLE (2 ver.)    121	*430	52,000	NEW?
[B]12[/B] [B]Odoru Made in Wario                        75	*600	45,000	NEW[/B]
13 Love & Berry DS Collection	              119	*300	36,000	457,000
14 New Super Mario Bros.	               41	*670	27,000	3,479,000

Shouldn't Zelda be higher in relation to the other Wii launch titles?
Big Love & Berry DS drop...
Wii Play and Wii Sports are far too low, they'll have higher sales than Zelda by a large margin. Also the Wii should've sold ~400k units first week at least, your bullshit estimates yield a tie ratio of barely 1:1, there's no way in hell that can happen

apujanata

Jonnyram said:
According to Rambling Man, tie ratio is 2.5-3.
Hardware buyers were split between core users buying Zelda, and another Wii-type game (Sports/Hajimete/Odoru), and casual users buying Tennis and wanting an extra controller so picking up Hajimete.

So, all-in-all, it looks like Sports/Hajimete will come out on top, but Zelda shouldn't be too far behind. The launch even makes the DS launch look like a joke (that had a tie ratio a little above 1).

That Tie ratio is good (for Japan), right ? At least I know it is better compared to PS3 (the scalper messing with PS3 launch and not Wii launch is strange).

It will be interesting to see whether Zelda can reach 75% of sold Wii like US.

Anecdote story : I bought an extra controller so I can play Wii sport with my son. He beat me on tennis, but I beat him on line (my best score : 164). Baseball is hard (for me), but the hardest is Boxing (and second is putting in golf).

So I worked on those Pac-Man variants that have been mentioned a time or two. I'll get around to making it more customizable and working with the various other types of charts I've got, but I realized just how easy it would be for now to add in a AND HardwareInfo.SystemType='portable' and save it under a different name, so that's what I've done.

Regular
test11pac.php

Portable
test11pacportable.php

Console; no Pac-Man this week
test11pacconsole.php

Nintendo
test11pacnintendo.php

Sony; no Pac-Man this week
test11pacsony.php

Microsoft; a Pac-Man with a completely shut mouth
test11pacmicrosoft.php

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Square2005 said:
Why do you say that?
Zelda hasn't lost that much popularity in Japan, has it...?

Zelda hasn't lost popularity, but A. its not as big here as it is there and B. EVERYONE is buying wii sports and wii play.

Deku

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Zelda hasn't lost popularity, but A. its not as big here as it is there and B. EVERYONE is buying wii sports and wii play.

I'm surprised by this actually. As much as I'm a supporter of the Wii concept I wasn't the biggest fan of the pack-in concept for the western markets. More importantly, I was skeptical that either game would be a big hit with casuals unless they are forced to fiddle with it because it came as part of the hardware.

Perhaps NCL will eventually pack it in for the 07 holiday season. But this probably speaks to the differences in the two markets as there apparently is a much lower barrier to people actually paying to play a game like Wii sports/play in Japan.

I think Wii Music is going to be huge there. Brain Training levels.

Srider

Banned
sp0rsk said:

The GC version of zelda will sell more than the Wii version in Japan I predict.

JoshuaJSlone said:
So I worked on those Pac-Man variants that have been mentioned a time or two. I'll get around to making it more customizable and working with the various other types of charts I've got, but I realized just how easy it would be for now to add in a AND HardwareInfo.SystemType='portable' and save it under a different name, so that's what I've done.

charts and stuff
How about one that's just corporations. All Sony vs All Nintendo vs All MS.

Deku

Banned
bmf said:

I play corporations. Let me load up my corpoball and summon GE to own all of the above.

medrew

GE bought out Capcom? Did they get it off Microsoft, or did they buy Microsoft altogether? When will it end.

bmf said:
Already doable by passing an extra request to the regular Pac chart, though due to the ? character added to the URL it isn't directly displayable as an image here
pacchartweekly.php

Deku

Banned
Would it be possible to create the basic chart by hardware console then overlay a colored tint on top of the pie chart to indicate hardware prodcued by manufacturer?

That would give the most data with just one chart.

Deku said:
Would it be possible to create the basic chart by hardware console then overlay a colored tint on top of the pie chart to indicate hardware prodcued by manufacturer?

That would give the most data with just one chart.
I don't know how to do something like that with the graphing software I'm using. However, since they're already bunched together by manufacturer I don't think it's very difficult to imagine the PS2/PS3/PSP as a combined pie piece.

neo2046

unconfirmed 1st day sales number

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500
WOW, (if its true) this is going to be the week. 6 100k already, 1 more very likely (Summon Night) and even 2 more (pokemon combined and Love & Berry) have a chance.

Also very impressive to see the 4 Nintendo games leading the launch, bodes well for the hardware and software legs...

Mato

Zelda selling well makes me happy. Wii software sales are overall very good for day one. That's four 100k+ sellers in one day. I mean back in the GC days Nintendo begged to have one such seller once in a while and nnow it happens so effortlessly.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

Well, Zelda and Wii sports have a nice little competition going. Is the first day at the end of the week? Or will there be a second day in the next MC numbers?

I wonder how the 3rd party games did. Maybe red steel will beat Zelda.

duckroll

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Well, Zelda and Wii sports have a nice little competition going. Is the first day at the end of the week? Or will there be a second day in the next MC numbers?

There should be 2 days in the next MC numbers. How different the numbers will be will depend on how fast Nintendo restocked in those 2 days.

Sounds pretty accurate, I'd imagine Zelda being higher - it's been so many years in the making, heavily publicised etc. But Wii Sports will outsell it in the long term.

ziran

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500
great to see tp and wii sports selling so well!

GreenGlowingGoo said:
the charts start on a monday and end on the following sunday, so, like duckroll said, there are going to be two days of wii sales on the new chart.

it's possible wii hw will be over 400k with another 30-60k added to the sw totals. either way, if these figures are true, wii and its sw is off to a great start in japan! :)

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

One million Wii's in 2 weeks
HA HA HA HA

Wii sports won't be very far off 1million, and come Friday when Wii hits Europe Wii Sports will be the first Wii game to hit one million copies sold (Yeah its a pack in but its still a game sold!!)
Zelda also should be over a million come Europe launch!
Great start, but then again anything is compared to their GC launch.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
i wouldnt be surprised if, including the 3rd party software sales on day 1, Wii has a tie ratio pretty close to 2

I'm hoping SMB: Banana Blitz sells well, although I guess it won't since the series was only really big in the US. Gundam will probably be the highest selling 3rd party game on Wii.

Mr. Pointy said:
I'm hoping SMB: Banana Blitz sells well, although I guess it won't. Gundam will probably be the highest selling 3rd party game.

Actually I'm hoping for Red Steel to do well there

KINGMOKU

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500
:lol Holy shit. 4-100,000 sellers in one day

can't wait to see the rest of the game sales.

From Enterbrain:

1. Zelda: The Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
2. WiiSports (Nintendo)
3. Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo)
4. WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
5. Trauma Center: Second Opinion [Caduceus Z: 2-tsu no Chou Shittou] (Atlus)
6. Swing Golf Pangya (Tecmo)
7. SD Gundam: Scad Hammers (Bandai Namco)
8. Red Steel (Ubisoft)

Fits with the unconfirmed numbers. Nice for Atlus btw...

SuomiDude

My guesses for the next MC numbers (going by the Enterbrain list and neo's rumored numbers):

Zelda: 210K
Wii Sports: 180K
Wii Play: 130K
WarioWare: 110K
Trauma Center: 70K
Swing Golf: 50K
SD Gundam: 35K
Red Steel: 25K

MrSardonic

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
From Enterbrain:

2. WiiSports (Nintendo)
8. Red Steel (Ubisoft)

If true, excellent software sales for Wii launch and a good showing for several 3rd parties. Will be very interesting to see the overall numbers by the end of December and how well 3rd parties have done.

I hope TC:SO sells enough worldwide for a full-blown Wii sequel to be a no-brainer

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
From Enterbrain:

2. WiiSports (Nintendo)
8. Red Steel (Ubisoft)

Fits with the unconfirmed numbers. Nice for Atlus btw...

Oh goodness, sales age just sploded

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
medrew said:
I think you mean in North America and Japan. It doesn't have a PAL publisher.
n-no, please tell me that's a lie, pretty please, I don't want to import a US Wii :/

SuomiDude

Masklinn said:
n-no, please tell me that's a lie, pretty please, I don't want to import a US Wii :/
Didn't Nintendo publish the DS Trauma Center in Europe? Maybe they'll do the same with SO?

MrSardonic

medrew said:
I think you mean in North America and Japan. It doesn't have a PAL publisher.

WTF! The game isn't even set for a release in Europe yet? What a joke.

Top Bottom