• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Juice

I love that the Nintendomination in Japan almost makes me (us) care not at all about how well they do abroad.

Still, it looks like the Wii is just set to pown everything in its path in every territory for the first leg of the race.

farnham

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Hey now, those are excellent day one sales for a Zelda game in Japan. Heck, those are excellent day one sales for any console game in Japan.

well after seeing how all the DS games get 200k sales in one week (and games like that sega girlie game 400k in one week..)

Meier

farnham said:
NOOOOO zelda TP should sell way more then that..

Let's be honest, most new gamers probably don't care too much about Zelda. It'll have very solid legs though I imagine.

farnham

Banned
Yamauchi said:
ToD should be #1.

there are 3 games that really killed the interest of the average japanese console gamers.. because there were mediocre games comming out every year from these series and they all sold well..

1. winning eleven....
2. dynasty warriors...
3. Tales of series..

jett

D-Member
farnham said:
there are 3 games that really killed the interest of the average japanese console gamers.. because there were mediocre games comming out every year from these series and they all sold well..

1. winning eleven....
2. dynasty warriors...
3. Tales of series..

You didn't just call WE mediocre, you sunnavabitch you...

farnham

Banned
jett said:
You didn't just call WE mediocre, you sunnavabitch you...

i love the series... (i got PES on PC and WE6FE on GC)

but seriously.. they havent changed much in the years... much like EA sports...

castle007

Banned
neo2046 said:
unconfirmed 1st day sales number

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

Awesome first day sales for all games. I expect the final sales for Wii in th MC sales to be +400000

donny2112

moku said:
Okay, whats the over/under on anything non-Wii/DS bieng in the top ten?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales
PS2 Tales of Destiny - 210.000 (74%)
GBA Final Fantasy VI Advance - 100.000 (47%)
PS2 Summon Night 4 - 88.000 (50%)
PS2 Kamen Rider Kabuto - 16.000 (60%)
PSP Makai Senki Disgaea Portable - 7.300 (40%)
360 Super Robot Wars XO - 4.300 (40%)

ethelred

Really awesome for Trauma Center. I think Atlus will have to be thrilled with this, given how the DS game performed in Japan -- I figure they did the Wii game based off the US sales, and anything out of Japan would just be an added perk.

omg rite said:
Trauma Center <3

Hey, off topic, but when does NPD November come out?

This Thursday, most likely.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
If those numbers are correct then Zelda should be over 200k in its first week and probably over 500k by the end of 2006. This game will easily sell over 1m units, more like over 1.5m units.

Mato

starship said:
If those numbers are correct then Zelda should be over 200k in its first week and probably over 500k by the end of 2006. This game will easily sell over 1m units, more like over 1.5m units.

Certainly not easily in my opinion.

Masklinn said:
Wii Play and Wii Sports are far too low, they'll have higher sales than Zelda by a large margin. Also the Wii should've sold ~400k units first week at least, your bullshit estimates yield a tie ratio of barely 1:1, there's no way in hell that can happen

Uh...NO!!
Looks like you're wrong and I was right, junior:
Code:

Wii 368,500 
Zelda TP168,400 
Wii Sports 153,700 
Wii Play 110,900 
Made in Wario 100,500

Square2005 said:
Uh...NO!!
Looks like you're wrong and I was right, junior:
Code:

Wii 368,500 
Zelda TP168,400 
Wii Sports 153,700 
Wii Play 110,900 
Made in Wario 100,500
First off, don't use "junior" as an insult. :)

Second: I wouldn't call it "pure luck", but your guestimates have been wrong many times, so don't act as if your numbers are legit, just because you can prove Masklinn wrong.

(
Btw; This post is not supposed to be as agressive as it reads :)
)

Xristot

I hope that wii not only gets another trauma center, but more atlus support in general. Seriously, that would make my day.

neo2046 said:

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

Gulp. Impressive for the first day of sales. But the important, overall for Zelda, is the long term.

Ok guys I'm confused: when does the Pokemon game come out in Japan? I remember hearing it would launch with the Wii, but apparently that didn't happen

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
PhoenixDark said:
Ok guys I'm confused: when does the Pokemon game come out in Japan? I remember hearing it would launch with the Wii, but apparently that didn't happen

I don't know about Pokeman but didn't you say we should kill you if Nintendo comes out on top this gen? I can't find the quote though. Guys help me find this quote.

jesusraz

Superb sales for Zelda! Can't wait to see how Dragon Quest Swords does early next year...

Mr. Pointy said:
C'mon 505, don't be a bunch of wankers.

Nintendo is handling Trauma Centre: Second Opinion in Europe after the DS game did much better than expected. But the game's been delayed from Day One launch...until when, though, I'm not quite sure. I'd hazard a Feb 07 date guess.

Days like these... said:
I don't know about Pokeman but didn't you say we should kill you if Nintendo comes out on top this gen? I can't find the quote though. Guys help me find this quote.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Personally I think the Wii will destroy the competition in Japan, flounder in Europe, and come in third in the US

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
TOD will certainly sell best in the short term (it's not limited to a 350-400k userbase after all)... long term though Zelda will probably sell close to twice as much or more.

Jammy

Banned
It's good to see those Wii titles performing well (as well as the system).

Red Steel should own Resistance in sales there (not that that's anything to be proud of), but it's good to see the better Gundam game (SCAD Hammers for Wii) getting the better sales, even if it probably is because of supply or something.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Wii 368,500
Zelda TP168,400
Wii Sports 153,700
Wii Play 110,900
Made in Wario 100,500

Well, roughly 30k off of the 400k that was said to have been sold, but I guess that's negligible.

Awesome first day sales for Zelda. I hope it keeps it up.

Xeke

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Gulp. Impressive for the first day of sales. But the important, overall for Zelda, is the long term.

So around 32,000 unsold Wii's sitting around? Whats up with that?

Xeke said:
So around 32,000 unsold Wii's sitting around? Whats up with that?

Media Create doesn't track 100%. I don't think any tracking service in the world does that. There's always going to be a margin of error.

Top Bottom