• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Rookje

P1xuxim.jpg
Its offical, the undercut is no longer cool.

Kwixotik

Help me out, y'all. Main concern is that my jaw is narrow. It's slightly uneven as well (or maybe I'm just tilting my head all the time), but not as much as the lighting in these pictures make it look. Basically, shorter hairstyles don't tend to work for me because of the narrow jaw and I don't really know what I want to do with it. Also, can't grow a beard to balance it out. My hair is wavy and fine. What would you guys recommend? Pic recommendations would be excellente.

lolpupils
Pics:

Rookje

Help me out, y'all. Main concern is that my jaw is narrow. It's slightly uneven as well, but not as much as the lighting in these pictures make it look. Basically, shorter hairstyles don't tend to work for me because of the narrow jaw and I don't really know what I want to do with it. Also, can't grow a beard to balance it out. My hair is wavy and fine. What would you guys recommend? Pic recommendations would be excellente.

lolpupils
Pics:

Check through the two pages here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/category/mens-hairstyles-gallery/mens-long-hairstyles-gallery/

Maybe this?

1N5c7wV.jpg

I think you should try to keep your long hair and attempt a few styles before chopping it off. Most guys I know grow their hair out long, get frustrated at choosing a look or style, then buzz it off
and look like shit

Also seems like you have a lot of frizz going on. Find some products to give your hair more body and sheen. Do you have any pictures of it styled?

Kwixotik

Check through the two pages here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/category/mens-hairstyles-gallery/mens-long-hairstyles-gallery/

Maybe this?

http://i.imgur.com/1N5c7wV.jpg/[IMG]

I think you should try to keep your long hair and attempt a few styles before chopping it off. Most guys I know grow their hair out long, get frustrated at choosing a look or style, then buzz it off [SPOILER]and look like shit[/SPOILER].

Also seems like you have a lot of frizz going on. Find some products to give your hair more body and sheen. Do you have any pictures of it styled?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not wanting to chop all of it off. I just want to tame it and maybe get it cut a little shorter than it is now. Could you recommend some products? I don't even really know where to begin.

I've always liked how it looks here in this pic [SPOILER]lol wearing the same shirt[/SPOILER], but back then I was using Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves shampoo and conditioner. Those got discontinued and now I just use whatever shit I can find.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0v7Limr.jpg

Yeah, I'm not wanting to chop all of it off. I just want to tame it and maybe get it cut a little shorter than it is now. Could you recommend some products? I don't even really know where to begin.

I've always liked how it looks here in this pic
lol wearing the same shirt
, but back then I was using Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves shampoo and conditioner. Those got discontinued and now I just use whatever shit I can find.

My hair is not as long as yours yet, but I'm having the same issues with taming it and what not. I have an appointment at a salon on Tuesday, and I've never had my hair trimmed, only cut short. The only thing close enough to a trim was unquestionable the worst haircut I ever had. I don't even know what to ask for, so I'm doing my homework on what suits my hairstyle needs.

Right now I'm using Bedhead Matte Separation Workable Wax. Just bought it Wednesday, and it's light years better than any wax I've ever used before. My hair is thick and wavy with lots of cowlicks at the ends, and it does a good job keeping most of them in line. Great in humid conditions too, which is usually the death of me.

Zekes!

I really hate styling my curly hair. I've got that mixed hair, so it's not quite tight like black curls, but it doesn't grow like white curls. I've tried some curly hair methods but they don't seem to work for my hair.

I always find that my hair looks better the next morning before I go and wash it; my curls are all pulled out and messy looking, my hair super soft. I've been trying to find ways to achieve this with product, with not much luck (partly because I have little patience for styling my hair). My current idea is to start trying to wash my hair the night before, in hopes of capturing that look when I wake up.

I'll try and get a photo, but if I had to describe my current haircut, it's almost like a hi-top fade with looser curls. I'm not really sure.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I really hate styling my curly hair. I've got that mixed hair, so it's not quite tight like black curls, but it doesn't grow like white curls. I've tried some curly hair methods but they don't seem to work for my hair.

I always find that my hair looks better the next morning before I go and wash it; my curls are all pulled out and messy looking, my hair super soft. I've been trying to find ways to achieve this with product, with not much luck (partly because I have little patience for styling my hair). My current idea is to start trying to wash my hair the night before, in hopes of capturing that look when I wake up.

I'll try and get a photo, but if I had to describe my current haircut, it's almost like a hi-top fade with looser curls. I'm not really sure.

My favorite hairstyle out there is probably when people with curly or wavy hair attempt a side-part, short/faded sides with a medium/long pomp. They usually have to use something strong like Murrays or some clay stuff, but I like it because it makes a really uptight haircut look more casual. I kind of wish my hair was wavy.

Zekes!

My favorite hairstyle out there is probably when people with curly or wavy hair attempt a side-part, short/faded sides with a medium/long pomp. They usually have to use something strong like Murrays or some clay stuff, but I like it because it makes a really uptight haircut look more casual. I kind of wish my hair was wavy.

Unfortunately with my hair I can't really wear a part :(

Zekes!

Is it too wavy? There are some really strong products out there.

No, parts just don't really look right in my hair. I keep meaning to take a photo, but I can't seem to take a decent one.

My hair looked pretty decent today; all I did was rinse it quickly while I showered. I'm gonna wash it tonight see how it looks tomorrow if I forgo washing it in the morning.

Ugh, I hate the day after a cut when you realize you can't get it to look nearly as good as the stylist did. I had my 'do trimmed a little so it could grow out a bit more evenly, she did some thinning and texturized the ends. Felt pretty boss yesterday, but today my hair is frizzy as fuck and my wax isn't holding. She made it hold with only a small dab of wax, whereas I'm continually struggling with loose strands falling in my face all the time.

I'm scared to what though. I like undercuts personally, not just as a trend...

Well It has clearly grown out of control, I mean back when I was getting mine cut when this thread first was made, it was really diffrent. Now everyone from school kids>teenagers and above have got variations of the undercut.

Im so swamped by it I cant even rememeber what sort of hair people had before the trend rocket off.

Kozak

Banned
The problem with the undercut is this:

cnftD.jpg

People neglect the fact that you need at least a decent barber/hairdresser so they can shape the style to fit your head, shape, and hair.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with the undercut is this:

cnftD.jpg

People neglect the fact that you need at least a decent barber/hairdresser so they can shape the style to fit your head, shape, and hair.

ROFL. I like that the guy on the right is also wearing a wifebeater.

kaskade

Living in a small town I still have never seen another person with an undercut.

That said I think I might switch it up. I'm thinking about doing that kind of high fade. Where it's pretty short near the bottom then like an inch or two above the ear it starts fading in a bit. It'll probably look the same up top but I need to find a decent picture of the sides to show my stylist.

That seems to be the problem with every haircut though...So is everyone saying if people aren't extremely attractive they should never give an edgy haircut a shot?

jokkir

That seems to be the problem with every haircut though...So is everyone saying if people aren't extremely attractive they should never give an edgy haircut a shot?

It's not really attractiveness but more of head shape. For me, I've been trying out different hairstyles the past 2-3 years and about 70% of them looked bad. It doesn't matter though since hair will grow back anyway

Luffy, my hair is the same way. It looks like garbage when it's between 1/2" and 1" long on the top and high sides. For most of my life I just kept it between 1/8" and 1/4" all around.

I tend it to keep it a bit longer these days.

SI9vA4Nm.jpg

I want your beard.

It's not really attractiveness but more of head shape. For me, I've been trying out different hairstyles the past 2-3 years and about 70% of them looked bad. It doesn't matter though since hair will grow back anyway

Agree with you there. What finally seemed to work for me was a medium fade zero on the side and short up top. I was always stubborn about wanting a long haired look but this looks better.

bob page

I really like the feel & look of my hair when I go shampoo-less but every time I do, my scalp ends up breaking out (I'm assuming due to the product I use not being washed out 100%). Anyone ever have this happen and what did you do as a remedy? Any more effective ways to wash the scalp while using conditioner & no shampoo?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My barber today decided to be proactive and started shaving off my beard before I could stop him. So I had to get rid of the whole thing and start growing it out again.

Screw you man.

My barber today decided to be proactive and started shaving off my beard before I could stop him. So I had to get rid of the whole thing and start growing it out again.

Screw you man.
Owch. Saying that I decided to have a trim and went from a 4>3 hmm what about 2> fuck it might aswell go to 1 now> I have made a huge mistake.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Owch. Saying that I decided to have a trim and went from a 4>3 hmm what about 2> fuck it might aswell go to 1 now> I have made a huge mistake.

LOL yeah I've been there with haircuts. That's why I generally err on the side of slightly longer than I'd like vs. let's try a little bit shorter.

Sometimes barbers know better. Maybe that beard was not so bueno.

Hold your tongue! My beard was glorious.

sirap

I really like the feel & look of my hair when I go shampoo-less but every time I do, my scalp ends up breaking out (I'm assuming due to the product I use not being washed out 100%). Anyone ever have this happen and what did you do as a remedy? Any more effective ways to wash the scalp while using conditioner & no shampoo?

Wait it out, that worked for me. My face and scalp broke out after the first two weeks of going natural, but after that the results were amazing.

Jhoan

Hey guys I have a really quick question for you all so I need answers fast since I need to go to the barbershop ASAP. I have an interview tomorrow at the Mayor's for a potential internship but I currently have a mohawk. Should I cut it off or keep the mohawk and get a shape up/have the barber shave me. Thanks guys.

LJ11

Hey guys I have a really quick question for you all so I need answers fast since I need to go to the barbershop ASAP. I have an interview tomorrow at the Mayor's for a potential internship but I currently have a mohawk. Should I cut it off or keep the mohawk and get a shape up/have the barber shave me. Thanks guys.
Cut it off.

Jhoan

Cut it off.
Dutifully noted. A friend said the same and my brother didn't want to give me his opinion but hinted that I should cut it off. I'm on my way now.

I think I'm going to tell the barber to buzz off the back since I have a full mohawk front to back and get either a 2 or a 1 on the sides, keep the top but trim it down an inch because my hair's curling up already. The result will be a faux hawk which I'll style up with gel that I have at home

stn

Mayor's office? Cut it off. There are some areas of life where it doesn't pay off to be stylish and creative.

oh my god I just found the perfect hair product routine. First, that sachajuan shampoo 2-3 times a week keeps my scalp nice and eliminates oil and dandruff. Second I use Neuma volume shampoo and conditioner on any other shampoo days. Neuma and Sachajuan are amazing I'll never buy anything again. At the end I use a spray like b&b tonic to style since I'm not a heavy/thick product guy.

So, I'm looking to replace my Crew Fiber pomade with something that has a little more hold. After a few hours, it loses its hold and it looks like I have nothing in. It's humid as hell here, plus my hair is, um, disagreeable.

Any recs? I don't want a lot of shine or what not. Just want my hair to stay down and bangs stay up.

Jhoan

Here's a before and after taken yesterday and today respectively. If you guys can't see the pictures for some odd reason, let me know. I got a 1 on around the sides and a fading 2 on top to get the faux hawk.

Before:

After (after the internship interview; I blended right in with the Wall Street suits that were out and about):

Like I mentioned before, my hair curls over and gets thick/frizzy as it grows out. It's not as super tight curly as my brothers' hair in that I can comb it and get more extreme/popular hairstyles that look good. It's just a matter of maintaining it that's hard.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hey guys, what's the best product for slicking back longer hair and having it hold while giving it a shine?

Kinda like...

gaius-baltar.jpg

How to get my hair to stay back like that (it's not naturally that straight, btw)?

Top Bottom