• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Looks awesome dude. If my mom could cut hair like that I'd be visiting her on a weekly basis. Not a bad idea, she'd probably love that realistically.

It's the facecam you know. Maybe this new iphone 5s will have better quality.
You gotta learn the way of the front cam selfie bro. That's what I use.

Does your mom do cuts for marco reus too? so similar.

Forvantningar-ar-stora-pa-Marco-Reus.jpg

Doodis

Hair care question: Do you gentlemen who use product in your hair wash it every day? If not, how often, and if you don't wash it every day, do you still put more product in daily when grooming?

HORRORSHØW

Hair care question: Do you gentlemen who use product in your hair wash it every day? If not, how often, and if you don't wash it every day, do you still put more product in daily when grooming?
I need to wash off the product everyday or else I'll break out.

Wash but only with water, I usually only use shampoo these days if Ive been out to a rave night and sweated like crazy or every 3-4 days.

Seems to work out ok.

tirminyl

I wash with water daily as well as apply leave in conditioner daily. I shampoo every two days. Shampoo I use doesn't contain sulfates and other bad things that dry your hair. Conditioner is also free of the bad stuff, so nothing gunks up in my hair inbetween the shampoo's. Also, the product I may use in my hair isn't heavy.

So hair GAF: Am I stuck with this hairstyle forever? I've more or less been rocking this for a long long time because I don't know if there's even anything I can do or if I'm doomed to a non-cool haircut forever. Curly hair is kinda lame. Should I straighten it or would I look weird?

So hair GAF: Am I stuck with this hairstyle forever? I've more or less been rocking this for a long long time because I don't know if there's even anything I can do or if I'm doomed to a non-cool haircut forever. Curly hair is kinda lame. Should I straighten it or would I look weird?
I'm sure you could at the very least experiment with some cool fades/tapers on the sides. Keep the top longish and the sides short?

I think yr hair looks great pal

EDIT: Yeah try some fades/undercuts if you want to be cool.

Joe

If I go into a salon having zero idea what I want and just relying on the stylists judgment/knowledge to help me figure it out - will he or she hate my guts?

HORRORSHØW

If I go into a salon having zero idea what I want and just relying on the stylists judgment/knowledge to help me figure it out - will he or she hate my guts?
It's best to just take a picture with you just to be safe. The stylist may not hate your guts, per se, but they won't really know what you have in mind.

I was hoping to get a cut from Daniel Alfonso when I'm in LA next week, but apparently Baxter Finley only takes same-day appointments for Friday and Saturday. LAME.

I was hoping to get a cut from Daniel Alfonso when I'm in LA next week, but apparently Baxter Finley only takes same-day appointments for Friday and Saturday. LAME.

but on the plus side, that means they almost always have openings for those days. and i'm gonna get my hair did on Saturday since i'm gonna make a saint laurent run in that area hint hint hint....

but on the plus side, that means they almost always have openings for those days. and i'm gonna get my hair did on Saturday since i'm gonna make a saint laurent run in that area hint hint hint....
Too late bro. I didn't want to risk it so I got my cut here today. I still want to check out the shop though so I might head over there Saturday anyway. I'll let you know.

Too late bro. I didn't want to risk it so I got my cut here today. I still want to check out the shop though so I might head over there Saturday anyway. I'll let you know.

at the very least buy some baxter finley clay from the actual source. also, i'm flush with cash after some recent sales if you wanna make a melrose/rodeo/whatever crawl.

at the very least buy some baxter finley clay from the actual source. also, i'm flush with cash after some recent sales if you wanna make a melrose/rodeo/whatever crawl.
That's what I was thinking. I'd like to show my buddy the shop too so that he knows where to get a good cut in LA. I'm potentially down for doing some shopping as well it just depends on the day/my schedule. I'll text you.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of trying this clay pomade stuff out. Would it work well with longer hair, though? I've heard pomade would weigh longer hair down.

I find pomade is more effective when my hair is short. It starts to look a little off when I let my hair out.

Speaking of which I need to get a cut soon, my hair is starting to get unwieldy.

I find pomade is more effective when my hair is short. It starts to look a little off when I let my hair out.

Speaking of which I need to get a cut soon, my hair is starting to get unwieldy.

A'ight, thanks. My hair isn't long enough yet to tie back, so I'm looking for something that'll keep it from dangling over my face.

overcast

Think I'll buy some Baxter Finley Clay Pomade, running low on my stuff and I might as well get some hair product.

Is it worth the 18 dollars on Amazon or could I grab something else for cheaper that's relatively similar?

Going for a trim tonight, well if I make it before they close anyway. Anything new appearing in terms of styles or will I be sticking to a high 1.5 with some length on top to push to the left!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I truly hate my hair. I can get a one on the sides and scissor trim the top, but it seems my sides go faster which puffs out. Making me look dumb.. Help

Neolith

I have pretty thick hair and want to go for a messy look, what should I be using in my hair. It sticks up by itself but if I don't wash it gets pretty greasy. I have used the crew fiber stuff but it just makes my hair kind of poofy. I don't know what to do with my hair

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I have pretty thick hair and want to go for a messy look, what should I be using in my hair. It sticks up by itself but if I don't wash it gets pretty greasy. I have used the crew fiber stuff but it just makes my hair kind of poofy. I don't know what to do with my hair

I love redken rough paste. It has a weird smell that I am fond of.

I started using styling cream because my hair gets so frizzy whenever I use anything else. I have long thick, wavy hair that reaches down to the base of my neck, so cream seems to be the only thing that can control my hair.

Kyne

Hey everyone! 8)

My whole life I don't think I've ever used product once.. nor do I get my hair cut a certain way. I literally just go into any cheap hair salon and tell them "just cut it short" only to go home, shower, and pat it down later.

This is where my hair is at right now after a shower+combing.. any advice on where I should start? Sometimes I can do really cool stuff with it after I've been sweating (like it stays still with a texture that looks natural) but obviously I'm not going to go run a mile just to get my hair looking cool. Can someone recommend some product or a style you think would suit my hair type? Thanks!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Hey everyone! 8)

My whole life I don't think I've ever used product once.. nor do I get my hair cut a certain way. I literally just go into any cheap hair salon and tell them "just cut it short" only to go home, shower, and pat it down later.

This is where my hair is at right now after a shower+combing.. any advice on where I should start? Sometimes I can do really cool stuff with it after I've been sweating (like it stays still with a texture that looks natural) but obviously I'm not going to go run a mile just to get my hair looking cool. Can someone recommend some product or a style you think would suit my hair type? Thanks!

Can you post any pictures of styles you like? Usually, people post pictures like that and we just tell them what products and methods can be used to do that.

Either way, with your sort of hair you can do anything and have it look good honestly. What are you into?

Rookje

You have really fine hair (I have the same type), and its looks pretty really dry and frizzy looking. Do you have any product in it?

Also, do you still go to ahsi in Newport?

Wind played a factor in the frizz and while it may appear dry it's actually pretty oily. If I took a pic of it right now when it's combed down you would think it had pomade in it.

And yes ahsi is my go to.

My Bumble & Bumble sumowax is almost out. Absolutely loved it but I like to switch up my product once it's finished. Might go back to Baxter pomade unless there are any new products worth trying.

Top Bottom