• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

Losing GAF mates who can't keep their shit together when it comes to certain topics seems to be the theme for today.
A lot of the long-term members seem to be getting perma’d lately. Whether they’re getting bored of GAF or not, I don’t know, but it’s a shame to see them go.

A lot of the long-term members seem to be getting perma’d lately. Whether they’re getting bored of GAF or not, I don’t know, but it’s a shame to see them go.
I don't know. Seems discussion is so polarised that any differing or dissenting opinion is just smacked down immediately if it doesn't tow the line. That Sean Mirrsen ban seems particularly egregious to me. Offered a bit of insight into the Russian mindset and rationale for Putin's actions and somehow still cops a ban for it?

Where's the discussion on a forum if you're all just having the same opinion about something.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
YILfBDf.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Why didn't y'all tell me Ozark was so good? I'm 4 episodes in and I'm hooked. For those that have seen it all does it stick the landing? Netflix series tend to die out for me after about 2-3 seasons.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
I hereby pledge on the toil of my ancestors that never again shall I put mayonnaise in my scrambled eggs. So help me God.

In the name of Richard Packer, amen.

I tried vegemite for the fist time yesterday. How the hell do people eat that shit? It's really bad. Am I not cultured enough?
Correct you are an uncultured swine. *Truth be told you have to be raised on Vegemite to like it, I have never met anyone that tried it for the first time as an adult and liked/loved it.

mrw-my-australian-friend-finally-got-me-to-try-vegemite-11298.gif

I want to try it but haven't seen it in the store ever. Did you eat it with toast?

Buttery lightly toasted bread with just minimal vegemite. Add a coffee to wash down. Boom. I'd suggest the first time trying it add it to something rather than just go right at the core flavour, which is bold to say the least. A little vegemite in a bacon and egg sandwich is pretty great. Or try a vegemite scroll, bread and melted cheese goodness -

Cheesy-Vegemite-Scrolls-6-edited-e1611117211462.jpg

You've got to spread it very thin.

Vegemite and Marmite are the same thing right?

tenor.gif

To anyone brought up on the other they're not the same. If you're an outsider they're the same. Brits = Marmite (the shit one). Aussies = Vegemite (the only one).

MrFunSocks MrFunSocks got the chop. My clothing brother is gone. A moment of silence for my fabric comrade.

if-you-can-dodge-a-wrench-gif.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I don't know. Seems discussion is so polarised that any differing or dissenting opinion is just smacked down immediately if it doesn't tow the line. That Sean Mirrsen ban seems particularly egregious to me. Offered a bit of insight into the Russian mindset and rationale for Putin's actions and somehow still cops a ban for it?

Where's the discussion on a forum if you're all just having the same opinion about something.
Russian propaganda justifying the invasion of Ukraine will not be tolerated here. If that bothers you, you should leave.

Russian propaganda justifying the invasion of Ukraine will not be tolerated here. If that bothers you, you should leave.
Personally, I don't view it as "propaganda"

Context is important for issues like these and to gain a perspective on how Russian people or the Kremlin might view this event is important.

I think even you would agree that to garner discussion and promote intelligent, rational debate around this subject is important and the lifeblood of any forum.

Unless somebody is inciting a call for violence, being racist or homophobic, I think there's room for debate and for ideals to be challenged by other members of this board.

Thaedolus

Personally, I don't view it as "propaganda"

Context is important for issues like these and to gain a perspective on how Russian people or the Kremlin might view this event is important.

I think even you would agree that to garner discussion and promote intelligent, rational debate around this subject is important and the lifeblood of any forum.

Unless somebody is inciting a call for violence, being racist or homophobic, I think there's room for debate and for ideals to be challenged by other members of this board.
Honest debate and explaining both sides works under the assumption that people are engaged in good faith. Kremlin propogandists exploit this by deliberately engaging in bath faith arguments and spreading outright lies. The same people telling Russians there is no war...and anyway if there was a war it was just against nazi drug addicts, are the same people trying to "both sides" this invasion.

I don't need to read Mein Kampf to know that systematic murder and conquer is wrong, regardless of the justification supposedly provided. And for my part, I'd rather discuss the latest developments than constantly engage with people parroting the Kremlin lies and bad faith arguments.

Honest debate and explaining both sides works under the assumption that people are engaged in good faith. Kremlin propogandists exploit this by deliberately engaging in bath faith arguments and spreading outright lies. The same people telling Russians there is no war...and anyway if there was a war it was just against nazi drug addicts, are the same people trying to "both sides" this invasion.

I don't need to read Mein Kampf to know that systematic murder and conquer is wrong, regardless of the justification supposedly provided. And for my part, I'd rather discuss the latest developments than constantly engage with people parroting the Kremlin lies and bad faith arguments.
Did you see that post as a bad faith take? Someone asked for a Russian perspective and he answered. He might not have the answers we wanted to hear, but it was good insight to what sort of logic or thinking is behind this terrible invasion.

Russia are undoubtedly in the wrong here, but I'm fascinated to see what reasoning is displayed by Russian citizens or politicians. To burn those bridges and not attempt to show these people why they're wrong or how they're being lied to will only strengthen Putin's ardent support. Russian people deserve better than Putin.

Peggies

Gold Member
Moving On Sooo GIF

I'm at the hospital with poor little Baby Peggies because he's having a little surgery on his little foot.
I hate hospitals though. Lots of people. Lots of sick people. Disgusting!
There's this woman who tries to talk with me and I'm trying to avoid her by pretending I'm sleeping. I think my Baby does the same.

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Moving On Sooo GIF

I'm at the hospital with poor little Baby Peggies because he's having a little surgery at his little foot.
I hate hospitals though. Lots of people. Lots of sick people. Disgusting!
There's this woman who tries to talk with me and I'm trying to avoid her by pretending I'm sleeping. I think my Baby does the same.
Poor baby. I hope it's something very minor.

And yes, Yoni talk is always welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom