• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I had some insurance issues I needed my doctors office to clear up and they told me they’d call me back. I waited by my phone all day, ran to the bathroom for like 2 minutes, forgot my phone and of course that’s when they called. The amount of times in my life that has happened to be is like enough for 100 lifetimes. I swear some invisible entity is mocking me with how many times that has happened to me.

But man getting in touch with people who can get shit done at doctors offices these days is fucking impossible. You call, speak to a receptionist, and they leave a message for someone else, and then that person needs to contact the doctor. There’s like 2-3 middlemen and the odds they even get messages in the first place is 50/50 at best, let alone making it all the way back to the doctor. Fucking nightmare getting anything important done over the phone with doctors offices.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
have you and packer done actual frottage yet or is this just a platonic romance
Are bronk bronk and teezzy teezzy the same person?

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF by Law & Order

What you going to buy with the cash?

Nothing. I'm saving it, especially since my COVID rent relief is running out (I only have one month of a credit on my landlord's billing left).

Got 3 months of rent paid by the city. I applied for an extension since the city says they'll pay up to 12 months, but I doubt they'll respond quickly.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

It's a sign of getting mature when things you buy improve your life and are happy about that, rather than a new games console. Domestic appliances, power tools and cooking tools yeah that's the good stuff!
See, now power tools I don’t really get. I’ve literally got a spanner, a hammer, a screwdriver, a wrench, and a spirit level. Ask me to nail something and I’m golden, but anything more advanced than that and I’m lost. But cooking tools? I’ve always got room for them in my life.

Baking chicken thighs in the oven. Gonna reheat asparagus and mashed potatoes I already made to go with that.

I’ve only eaten out like 3x in the past 2 months. I’m saving aggressively in response to the inflation. They ain’t gettin mah money

Had the opposite, misses bday and went out for some Mexican. AUD$190 bucks later for our family of 4 and 1 girlfriend. A bit pricey one might say but the ladies were chugging margaritas so there's that.

haxan7

Banned
Had the opposite, misses bday and went out for some Mexican. AUD$190 bucks later for our family of 4 and 1 girlfriend. A bit pricey one might say but the ladies were chugging margaritas so there's that.
Definitely helps me save money being single. I’m not dropping money like that on a night out for the foreseeable future. It could have been a lot worse to feed 5 ppl tho.

Definitely helps me save money being single. I’m not dropping money like that on a night out for the foreseeable future. It could have been a lot worse to feed 5 ppl tho.
I don't know how young people/singles even afford going out these days. Uber + food + drinks + Uber home. A decent night out with friends is well into $100 territory, even if you're sharing bulk drink and ride share costs.

haxan7

Banned
I don't know how young people/singles even afford going out these days. Uber + food + drinks + Uber home. A decent night out with friends is well into $100 territory, even if you're sharing bulk drink and ride share costs.
I added up the amount I spent over the last 6 months just on going out, and it wasn't pretty. I'm now tracking every single dollar I spend in a spreadsheet that tracks how much I'm saving every month. I wish I had been smart enough to start doing this earlier.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I added up the amount I spent over the last 6 months just on going out, and it wasn't pretty. I'm now tracking every single dollar I spend in a spreadsheet that tracks how much I'm saving every month. I wish I had been smart enough to start doing this earlier.
Call me a weirdo, but I love budgeting and tracking finances. I started with YNAB4 and built my own spreadsheets. YNAB went to a subscription model so I found another program that does most of the same shit without the monthly/annual charge.

I balance my expenses once or twice a week. I do a monthly summary of all my assets & liabilities and keep track of net worth over time too. Super motivating to keep on track.

Star-Lord

I spend roughly £20-30 a week on takeaways, and that’s after the pandemic. It was probably double that during lockdown. I really need to cut back and get in the kitchen more, to justify spending money on pressure cookers and all that jazz. My finances, as a whole, are not that great. I spend £30 on subscription services alone each month. I’m shite with money.

I spend roughly £20-30 a week on takeaways, and that’s after the pandemic. It was probably double that during lockdown. I really need to cut back and get in the kitchen more, to justify spending money on pressure cookers and all that jazz. My finances, as a whole, are not that great. I spend £30 on subscription services alone each month. I’m shite with money.
Can't spend it when you're dead. Why not rack up countless debt and enjoy yourself?

(I, too, am terrible with money)

Thaedolus

do you already know how to ride? most people drop their first bike so you wanna get something cheap you can learn on.
Yes, but I am thinking something inexpensive that’s both street legal and could be brought when we go camping. Maybe a DR-Z 450. Not going super big or expensive.

Star-Lord

No you're not. Believe in yourself.
Ha, nah, I honestly am shit. I’m a middle child, so my older and younger siblings got the attention, whereas I was left fending for myself. I didn’t really pay too much attention at school to the important life lessons. I can handle other peoples finances, but struggle with my own. It’s funny, to be fair.

Thaedolus

Ha, nah, I honestly am shit. I’m a middle child, so my older and younger siblings got the attention, whereas I was left fending for myself. I didn’t really pay too much attention at school to the important life lessons. I can handle other peoples finances, but struggle with my own. It’s funny, to be fair.
Don't judge yourself too harshly. Many, many people are just struggling to get by and you'd never know it based on how we all present ourselves to others. We all can make improvements, but it happens incrementally over time and finding happiness along the way is the real key to living well. I'm sure you're doing just fine friend.

bronk

Banned
Im a middle child too. You have to be a maniac and so extra that you can't be ignored. Cmon lets go to the gym its leg day. Middle child savagery.

Ionian

Try being the eldest, by the time the middle ones in my family appeared they'd already taken their beatings out on me.

Wasn't nice, first kids are the experiment. Middle-late ones ... well they got off lightly. My parents probably realised no amount of beating would stop me being a little bastard.

They were right.

I grew taller and a bigger bastard that was too dangerous to hit.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Someone parked halfway blocking my driveway and the car(van) has been there for a week and hasn't moved. What's the etiquette here. I can get out of the driveway ok still, but it's really fucking annoying me. Because it's rude as fucking hell to do that and they were too lazy to pick another spot.

Should I ignore it?
Call the cops and get it towed if they'd even tow it and risk another neighbor war?
Push it forward a few feet if I even can?

Who doesn't use their car for a week? I swear everyone on this block is a fucking lazy ass bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom