• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Banned
And yes, Yoni talk is always welcomed.
Licking Tyra Banks GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So why did he got "the chop"?Was it because what is happening between Russia and Ukraine or for his whole career here?
I know there is or at least used to be a ban thread here but I can't find it.
He was actioned lightly by a mod--reply ban from a thread he attempted to derail with console warring. PMed me asking why. I explained. He responded with a long rant about how this place is turning into ResetEra. I let him go.

The ban thread was retired. You can see reasons listed on the public ban record in the footer.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
He was actioned lightly by a mod--reply ban from a thread he attempted to derail with console warring. PMed me asking why. I explained. He responded with a long rant about how this place is turning into ResetEra. I let him go.

The ban thread was retired. You can see reasons listed on the public ban record in the footer.
Do you mean why the ban thread was retired or why the poster got banned in the footer ? Because I can see why the posters got banned but not why the thread retired, maybe I misunderstood or my phone has trouble showing it.

Edit:also please always keep this thread from retiring, even if it is getting old and has parkinson and alzeimer. I think gaf needs a place to be weird and here is perfect for that. Nowhere else can we see posts following eachothers about dicks, freedom of expression and pigs in blanket... Usually you go straight from dick to pigs in a blanket... Until reaching godwin point of course.

Last edited:

nush

oh we aren't? sounds like a blanket ban on certain discussion. 🤔

How it started,

97035743a8c683ab666936efef608807.png

How it ended.

Internet forum "Celebrity" isn't a career.

2488d01c021e90b3c6c3fc35e240b76d.png

Don't worry B blame space

1051289_1413136968.jpg

Where you can call home, surrounded by all the other failed internet forum "Celebrities" and you can join the Battle Royal to be #1 of the has beens.

Star-Lord

I’d say the ban was warranted, it’s just a shame to see more and more long-term members hit with the banhammer. Still, when the rules explicitly state no console warring and you go above and beyond to spread that shit, you deserve what’s coming to you.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
When blame space disappeared for an extended period of time I honestly thought he had dropped dead.

Whatever it was that caused his absence, it didn't make him any more interesting.

Oh God, is it happening again, the whole "Ermergerd this is such a lame shithole where free speech doesn't matter anymore. Fuck you Tyler"-Shit?

Please no!

No Way What GIF by Declan McKenna
I think that's just what people turn to when they think they're allowed to freely express any thought on this site and get shut down. It's an easy cop out.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Getting banned from a gaming forum for politics is like getting kicked out of the grocery store for shitting on the floor. You’re participating in a terrible way and completely missing the point of the place.

Who honestly cares what random online think about politics on a gaming forum? Nobody wins when people get heated over these topics.

Let it go and your time will be better overall.

BigBooper

What's ya'll thoughts on people who hide their Neogaf history and status?

No thoughts? Think they're smart? Think they're disingenuous? Think they're degenerate perverts?

I've thought about doing it myself for security I guess, not that there's a lot of cross contamination there.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What's ya'll thoughts on people who hide their Neogaf history and status?

No thoughts? Think they're smart? Think they're disingenuous? Think they're degenerate perverts?

I've thought about doing it myself for security I guess, not that there's a lot of cross contamination there.
I don't think about any of this. Ever. It's a forum about video games with funny people to talk to.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Every once in a while I’ll have an incredibly hard time focusing on anything. Total scatterbrain. Not sure if this is something everyone goes through or if I have mild ADD. I got Jack shit done yesterday because the whole day I just couldn’t focus on any one task. Times like that I wish adderall didn’t have such negative side effects or it would be the perfect thing for me during days like that. So I could just fucking focus.

Star-Lord

Every once in a while I’ll have an incredibly hard time focusing on anything. Total scatterbrain. Not sure if this is something everyone goes through or if I have mild ADD. I got Jack shit done yesterday because the whole day I just couldn’t focus on any one task. Times like that I wish adderall didn’t have such negative side effects or it would be the perfect thing for me during days like that. So I could just fucking focus.
I have days like that, albeit not very often. The worst is when I’m browsing Netflix or Prime Video, start to watch something, get bored about five minutes in, start watching something else, get bored of that, and so on and so forth. After half-hour, I’ll give up. Same happens with games too, although not so much. I’ve never been checked for or diagnosed with ADD, but it might be worth looking in to.

It’s also the reason my avatar changes so much, but that’s more of an OCD thing, I think.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I have reduced from 3 masks in public to 2. I don't know when I'll be ready to go back down to 1, let alone raw dawgin it.
The rules for mask wearing in the UK have been relaxed to the max, meaning you don’t need to wear one anywhere, but I still wear mine in shops and restaurants. I just don’t feel 100% safe yet.

haxan7

Banned
The rules for mask wearing in the UK have been relaxed to the max, meaning you don’t need to wear one anywhere, but I still wear mine in shops and restaurants. I just don’t feel 100% safe yet.
You would probably give me an angry look IRL. I stopped wearing masks anywhere except doctors offices like a year ago. During the height of the pandemic, I went to the gym all the time and nobody wore masks and I never got sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom