• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Feels good to be back home.

iu

Thaedolus

If it's the first flight it should always be ontime, no connecting flights or busy gates to delay it. Later in the day one delay will have a knock on effect for all the following flights.
Oh yeah? I had an early flight get delayed because it was too cold for the APU to start the engines and they had to get a mobile unit to get one running. Really inspires confidence…

nush

Oh yeah? I had an early flight get delayed because it was too cold for the APU to start the engines and they had to get a mobile unit to get one running. Really inspires confidence…

"Should"was the quantifier here, not an absolute. Sorry you live in snowland.

Thaedolus

Hello, fellow humans. How are we all?
My 3 year old thought my portrayal of a monster was very realistic last night, which ended up with me getting my forehead clawed by said 3 year old.

I took a picture, then saw so much grey hair that I was caused an even worse injury. I’ll be letting Apple know their phones suck and make people feel old

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Quite well. Though, my ass cheeks are sore from yesterday's workout. How are you doing?

Just finished my first week at my new job. I hate it already. I was misled from the get-go. The role I have here is NOT the same as my old job. It’s a junior accountant role. I’m 35, for fuck sake, I am not going to spend another five years working my way back up. Fucking pricks.

My 3 year old thought my portrayal of a monster was very realistic last night, which ended up with me getting my forehead clawed by said 3 year old.

I took a picture, then saw so much grey hair that I was caused an even worse injury. I’ll be letting Apple know their phones suck and make people feel old

I don’t have to worry about grey hairs. As soon as my hair started receding, I shaved the fucker off, and not looked back since. You should follow suit. You’ll only end up tearing your hair out soon, what with the sprogs.

Thaedolus

I don’t have to worry about grey hairs. As soon as my hair started receding, I shaved the fucker off, and not looked back since. You should follow suit. You’ll only end up tearing your hair out soon, what with the sprogs.

I have a subscription to visit a lovely member of the LGBTQIA+*^ community every other week and provide a generous tip (money-wise) and she keeps me looking fresh and has lots of positive life affirmations for me. Maybe this will even turn me into a silver fox some day…

…but you’re probably right and I should embrace the inevitable. But Meg is getting married soon, I can’t cut her off…

Star-Lord

I may be pregnant again and am not sure if I find it that cool lol (at least now). How the fuck did that happen? We had to do IVF for baby Peggies so who'd have thunk that would happen?!

Anyway, thanks for asking. How are you?
Have a good weekend, guys!
Congratulations, Peggies, I think. I mean, either way you look at it, it’s a miracle that you’re pregnant after having to go through IVF for Baby Numero Uno. Speaking of, how is the lil’ nipper?

Peggies

Gold Member
Congratulations, Peggies, I think. I mean, either way you look at it, it’s a miracle that you’re pregnant after having to go through IVF for Baby Numero Uno. Speaking of, how is the lil’ nipper?
Thanks. I guess :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Being an only child sucks anyway.

Number one is doing great. Yesterday I hit my toe on the couch and he started laughing while I was in excruciating pain. Definitely my son.

nush

Just finished my first week at my new job. I hate it already. I was misled from the get-go. The role I have here is NOT the same as my old job. It’s a junior accountant role. I’m 35, for fuck sake, I am not going to spend another five years working my way back up. Fucking pricks.
Quit bitching, remember how you felt when you were made redundant and the prospect of no income and a job search wasn't something you wanted to look forward too? Doesn't this job actually pay you more than your last one? If you actually know your shit it wont take 5 years to step up, you should be able to speedrun that or find another job with a title more to your liking in less than 5 years.

Thaedolus

My sister had to do IVF for babies 2 and 3 (twins)…then they didn’t bother with contraception because why? Whoops, out came baby 4

I never actually got my count checked after getting snipped but we’re about a year in and seems to be working just fine…

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My sister had to do IVF for babies 2 and 3 (twins)…then they didn’t bother with contraception because why? Whoops, out came baby 4

I never actually got my count checked after getting snipped but we’re about a year in and seems to be working just fine…

This reads like your sister & you have 4 babies so you got snipped. You might want to qualify better the "we" in your last sentence. Or if you are the father to your sister's children, let me share with you this educational video:

Peggies

Gold Member
This reads like your sister & you have 4 babies so you got snipped. You might want to qualify better the "we" in your last sentence. Or if you are the father to your sister's children, let me share with you this educational video:

How dare you talk about the noblest of noble families of all 😆!

Yep pretty much what we did - or didn't do lol. I mean come on, we've been trying for years and nothing happened.

Come On Reaction GIF

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I filed back in Jan. I don't know why, but filing taxes is enjoyable for me. I think I would have made a hell of an accountant.

Tax accounting absolutely can be fun. Client gives you info, sometimes it comes in email attachments, sometimes it comes in a shoebox. You get to know their lives fairly intimately, what jobs they have, what kids they have, if they sold or bought a home, how their business is doing, whether they got married or got divorced. Its just not 60-hours-a-week fun lol

Thaedolus

I filed back in Jan. I don't know why, but filing taxes is enjoyable for me. I think I would have made a hell of an accountant.
I’ve gone the other direction…since having kids, my wife has multiple W2s, I’ve got W2 and K1s and all this shit…I just have it all to a CPA now.

And while they fucked up my bank account info this year, it still was easier

Last edited:

nush

Tax accounting absolutely can be fun. Client gives you info, sometimes it comes in email attachments, sometimes it comes in a shoebox. You get to know their lives fairly intimately, what jobs they have, what kids they have, if they sold or bought a home, how their business is doing, whether they got married or got divorced. Its just not 60-hours-a-week fun lol

I had a temp job as an expenses clerk for a university. If you looked through al the receipts submitted and not just add them up and make the payment you could see some lecturers taking the piss. For example this one guy had a meal in a restaurant and a bottle of wine, which was allowed on a business trip. But the rest of the receipts for that evening were just him getting drunk in his hotel room making multiple trips to a local convenience store for more bottles of wine and cigarettes. I didn't process those, no wonder higher education is so expensive.

Last edited:

nush

More time has passed between the PS3 release and now

than the amount of time that passed between the SNES release and the PS3 release.

time love GIF by diejuliewierd

I remember buying my SNES, day one when they hit the UK stores, back then there wasn't a day and date launch. Just a general, soon and then it would appear on store shelves. Unfortunetly it was a Friday and I saw it in a store (Boots of all places) just before starting my late shift that finished at 2:30+ AM. I got home and played Marioworld until the sun came up and I couldn't stay awake anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom