• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Why stop there?

tumblr_moctuhjy2n1qemxcco1_1280.jpg

If Kojima has even a shred of the auteur's ambition he so often lays claim to, he'll replace the entire voice cast of MGSV with David Bowie.

Saw this picture earlier this year...I don't know what to say.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Why stop there?

tumblr_moctuhjy2n1qemxcco1_1280.jpg

If Kojima has even a shred of the auteur's ambition he so often lays claim to, he'll replace the entire voice cast of MGSV with David Bowie.

Also, obviously Diamond Dogs.

Kojima's Hollywood desire will lead Konami to bankruptcy someday lol

Nah, they'll just have Bowie voicing every character.

@JunkerHQNet:
Hardest part of developing Ground Zeroes was the debugging process, that, unlike before, had to take into account all the different ways players can clear the game in an open-world environment. As many possibilities as there are players. The Phantom Pain has even bigger environments and more freedom, so naturally the debugging process is even more difficult.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
JunkerHQNet:
Hardest part of developing Ground Zeroes was the debugging process, that, unlike before, had to take into account all the different ways players can clear the game in an open-world environment. As many possibilities as there are players. The Phantom Pain has even bigger environments and more freedom, so naturally the debugging process is even more difficult.

I'm guessing this confirms they're already into bug testing?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Well they're still recording VO...

Well inserting VO into the game shouldn't take that long, I'm guessing they're recording tapes and CODECs, and the main cutscene work is done.

Well they're still recording VO...

He only posts about the Japanese voice over work, so I'm assuming that they've about wrapped up the facial capture/recording for the English voice acting? Hard to say since Robin Atkin Downes pops up out of nowhere every month or two saying "Still recording!"

JayEH

He only posts about the Japanese voice over work, so I'm assuming that they've about wrapped up the facial capture/recording for the English voice acting? Hard to say since Robin Atkin Downes pops up out of nowhere every month or two saying "Still recording!"

I know! A couple of months ago a post popped up in Reddit about him saying there was still a lot to do. A part of me dies every time he says that.

Hypothetically they could be bug testing gameplay and adding in tapes and vo simultaneously. The gameplay proper of the game could be feature complete at this point

I know! A couple of months ago a post popped up in Reddit about him saying there was still a lot to do. A part of me dies every time he says that.

Hahaha! Yeah, man, I know... :-( But hey! Let's hope that they are prepping a release date announcement at The Game Awards/PSX!
leuhkikcskn4.gif
It's not happening. [being played like a damn fiddle intensifies]

@JunkerHQNet:

I was thinking about this the other day. Metal gear has always been very tight technically and with its foray into open world, which allows for faaaar more player agency, I became worried over technical issues developers run into when dealing with such. God I'm really curious to see what the fox engine can do when its unhinged rather than having certain assets poured into zoo creation simulacra. No offense by any means. Its metal gear. Cmon, eetza gonna be good.

Less than 24h to go! Damn I'm not sure if I should watch this live stream at 5:00am.

Edit: Further "investigation" (googling) made clear that the event starts at 3:00am for me, lol.
...still pretty fucking late :/

Less than 24h to go! Damn I'm not sure if I should watch this live stream at 5:00am.

Going to be a great weekend! I'm counting on Kojima to make an appearance at the PlayStation event, as well. There's no way he's flying out of Las Vegas without maximizing his output in terms of how much he is able to promote TPP.

JayEH

We've got an IRC set up for the TGAs!

Quote to reveal. Only 3 of us in here now but hopefully we can get a few more people in when the show starts.

Palpable

I asked Ken & he said there won't be a meet greet. He and Kojima have a business dinner to go to immediately after the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom