• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain what makes Cowboy Bebop so good?

I... can try. :p

The premise is so interesting. The characters basically live in space and travel to places. There's not much exposition and the main character's past is revealed in a clever, visual way.

It's a space drama about some bounty hunters and other people who try to make ends meet and the main bounty hunter has an interesting, passive, outlook on life until his past catches up with him.

The show feels so calm but at the same time, so intense and emotional. The music and songs are great. The ending is nice.

Dawg

Animes I've watched:

• Death Note.
  • Attack on Titan.
  • Berserk.
  • Cowboy Bebop.

Watching:

• Monster.

They're all awesome. But compared to the rest, Attack of Titan is a little bit less awesome... but only because the others are frikking masterpieces. Except maybe Death Note which drags on after a certain... thing...

Definitely watch Berserk, Sn4ke. It's incredible...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just watched the first episode and the English dub is ok so you could do that if you want.
The characters are well done and it has amazing writing. It's only 25 episodes I think so it doesn't overstay its welcome. I highly recommend the English dub since it is really good. You'll be humming the theme song the moment you hear it. So good.

I... can try. :p

The premise is so interesting. The characters basically live in space and travel to places. There's not much exposition and the main character's past is revealed in a clever, visual way.

It's a space drama about some bounty hunters and other people who try to make ends meet and the main bounty hunter has an interesting, passive, outlook on life until his past catches up with him.

The show feels so calm but at the same time, so intense and emotional. The music and songs are great. The ending is nice.

Wait, there is a english dub for it? welp.

Sounds very interesting. You know what? fuck Monster for now. That thing has over 70 episodes and CB only 25? yeah i guess i will watch this now.

the last anime I watched was Love Hina back in 2003 or something.

When we party at a friends house we play drinking games while in the background One Piece AMV's are running. He's a huge fan haha and i like it too.

Gah, this too, you tweet about it all the time. FUCK! So many things to watch so little time :/

JayEH

I just finished Attack on Titan last night. It's pretty good but it sometimes drags and it gets really depressing for me at times.

Berserk is great too but the anime's ending is one of the most grueling things I've watched...I'm on volume 3 of the manga now :p

[*]Berserk.

Oh man - that show is the very definition of
phantom pain :(

Sounds very interesting. You know what? fuck Monster for now. That thing has over 70 episodes and CB only 25? yeah i guess i will watch this now.

Well, I hope you like it. If it's your sort of thing, you can read some analyses on the show afterwards too.

JayEH

Well, I hope you like it. If it's your sort of thing, you can read some analyses on the show afterwards too.

I've always thought that maybe Big Boss' current look was slightly inspired from Guts.

Dawg

I believe Metal Gear Solid's Big Boss was actually influenced by Berserk. My old twitter avatar:

1407106018921lmubv.png

And yeah, what you said... but don't want to spoil things for ol' Sn4ku xD

Sn4ke_911

I believe Metal Gear Solid's Big Boss was actually influenced by Berserk. My old twitter avatar:

1407106018921lmubv.png

I always thought that was fan art, dat mouth tho.

Ohh nice! And yeah, I'll be Quiet about that for now XD

And the eye ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that - nice :)

I also thought that he kinda looked like the Mercenary class from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. With the big sword and similar stance.

Dawg

Beware though, the ending of Berserk will make you depressed...

And then you read the manga which is even longer than the anime :>

Sn4ke_911

Beware though, the ending of Berserk will make you depressed...

And then you read the manga which is even longer than the anime :>

I think I'll start with Cowboy Bebop and then i remember a friend wanted to watch Berserk with me. But i'm not a big fan of those animes that stop in the middle and then continue via mangas :/

Dawg

I think I'll start with Cowboy Bebop and then i remember a friend wanted to watch Berserk with me. But i'm not a big fan of those animes that stop in the middle and then continue via mangas :/

Berserk doesn't. Well, not really...

You'll see when you watch it. You won't be disappointed.

JayEH

Well the manga came first and then i think they were planning to do everything with the anime and then it got cancelled. They've recently started doing some anime movies (they've done 3 so far) which I hear aren't bad that are attempting to cover the whole manga :)

Dawg

Don't watch the Berserk movies though, the "old" anime is superior and it has the GOAT OST!

Berserk is my favourite anime, I think... can't really choose between it and Cowboy Bebop tho...

JayEH

Don't watch the Berserk movies though, the "old" anime is superior and it has the GOAT OST!

Berserk is my favourite anime, I think... can't really choose between it and Cowboy Bebop tho...

Tell me what, tell me what, tell me what you want.

I think the movies have great animation but the show has more character development and better music, so I like that better.

I wonder how crazy TPP will be when it comes to the whole villain thing, and how depressing it may be with the nasty stuff.

Wow so many people say Cowboy Bebop. Hmm... i really need to watch this some day.

Oh PSYCHO-PASS, yeah i was wondering where the animu girl from your previous avatar is from, then i saw a PP thread and thought wait a minute that's the girl from LD's avatar haha.

Thanks man :)

It's amazing!!!!! Everything about it is perfect. Characters, story, setting, music, art -- all of it is just masterful! And the English dub is superb.

Hahaha! Yeah, Akane is badass. She reminds me of MGS1 Snake at the start of the series and MGS2 Snake at the end (in a lot of ways). I totally recommend it!

Don't mention it! ^_^

JayEH

I think the movies have great animation but the show has more character development and better music, so I like that better.

I wonder how crazy TPP will be when it comes to the whole villain thing, and how depressing it may be with the nasty stuff.

Probably pretty bad. Ground Zeroes was just the tip of the iceberg it seems since the really bad stuff only happened in tapes and in TPP looks like it's a lot of it is on screen. Wonder if it'll get any worse in scale than what we've seen so far.

Probably pretty bad. Ground Zeroes was just the tip of the iceberg it seems since the really bad stuff only happened in tapes and in TPP looks like it's a lot of it is on screen. Wonder if it'll get any worse in scale than what we've seen so far.

Hmmm looks like it's gonna be some heavy stuff. May be tough to watch.

Looks like someone lost his way that moment :smugface:

Haha!! Dude, I knew you'd have something to say about that -- remember that episode with the insane recap? It was one of the only times I've ever watched something (subtitled) and had just given up on trying to put it together. Mako-chan is still most kawaii~

Akiller

Haha!! Dude, I knew you'd have something to say about that -- remember that episode with the insane recap? It was one of the only times I've ever watched something (subtitled) and had just given up on trying to put it together. Mako-chan is still most kawaii~

Yep that part was fast but really ingenious because it was very "Kill la Kill style" (as Senketsu himself said during the recap xD ).

Mako is cool, but you know who's The Boss

Well we know now where the Konami marketing budget is going.

P5xJDTf.png

I wonder if retailers care about Metal Gear.

Nope! They don't. XD I swear. I could walk into GameStop with a sneaking suit, a bandanna, and Hideo Kojima's face tatted on my neck and they would ask me if I've pre-ordered anything BUT Metal Gear Solid V.

Back from the holidays!

So we're talking about animes now?
Kill la Kill is definitely 2014's best series!
I'm totally looking forward to the 2nd season of Durarara!! and
the 3rd season of Highschool DxD
this year.

Also: If you haven't seen it already check out this MGS remake of the intro to Lupin the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom