• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

The ending cutscene of GZ didn't do much for me either with
Paz blowing up

For some reason I actually felt more for her during her tapes in PW. That cutscene had no emotional impact for me at all.

vagina bomb

*drops mic*

.... you are already a demon.

image.php

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Paz blowing up

For some reason I actually felt more for her during her tapes in PW. That cutscene had no emotional impact for me at all.

she was already dead anyway, it's really sad

JayEH

Paz blowing up

I was the same initially since I hadn't played Peace Walker at that point. I didn't like that did happen to her but for me it wasn't a big loss. Those tapes (and playing PW) changed my perspective.

Did you quote the wrong post?

JayEH

We need all the lovely ladies from PW to make their debut in the Fox Engine for TPP. I hope Kojima doesn't forget about them.

Strangelove will probably be in there because of Huey I guess.
Amanda: who knows, maybe she wants to talk to BB about Chico.
Cecile: Could show up because of Kaz but then she leaves him for Huey once she realizes he lost limbs.
Paz:
H4_-_Splatter.png
But nanomachines could bring her back/flashbacks.

We need all the lovely ladies from PW to make their debut in the Fox Engine for TPP. I hope Kojima doesn't forget about them. Paz was robbed but who knows what her role in TPP might be.

Strangelove will probably be in there because of Huey I guess.
Amanda: who knows, maybe she wants to talk to BB about Chico.
Cecile: Could show up because of Kaz but then she leaves him for Huey once she realizes he lost limbs.
Paz:
H4_-_Splatter.png
But nanomachines could bring her back/flashbacks.

I am DYING to see a new character... especially one from Peace Walker. I do think all four of those ladies will have some sort of presence in The Phantom Pain. Strangelove and Amanda, for sure.

leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I am DYING to see a new character... especially one from Peace Walker. I do think all four of those ladies will have some sort of presence in The Phantom Pain. Strangelove and Amanda, for sure.

Strangelove is really important to the story given she kickstarted the AI stuff so yeah hopefully she is in.

Strangelove is really important to the story given she kickstarted the AI stuff so yeah hopefully she is in.

Yeah, no doubt! Wasn't there some theory that puts her in alliance with Skull Face? Can't remember? Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!

What up dudes, haven't posted on this community in a while. Have ya'll been surviving?

Welcome back! Oh, you know. We're shurfifing.

YOU GOTTA GIVE US A RELEASE DATE, MAN. PLEASE!

Welcome back. We're all still standing on the edge wondering whether we should jump since a release date is nowhere in site.

Got it. I think PW runs may be in the near future.

i'm slowly but surely working on a PW platinum so i'd be down for some vehicle and AI stealth runs. (i don't have the fulton gustav yet though unfortunatly)

I was thinking about that, there must've been something that made Huey turn on MSF and Stragelove is more or less the only thing that makes sense.

Yup! Makes sense. Huey seemed pretty loyal to Big Boss and MSF.

Damn I'm going to need to do A LOT of grinding in PW. I didn't even know Fulton Gustav was a thing!

Dude! Best weapon in the game. I can only imagine what TPP will have to offer.

*read gaming frontpage*

67b.jpg

image.php
3QQ7T1l.jpg

-Deimos

Wasn't there some release date rumor it was slated for March or something? What ever came of that? I guess nothing?
March is the best guess so far or at least the date with the most evidence. Its all speculation though and there's no concrete proof.

Timeaisis

So that "I suck at MGS3 thread" really makes me want to go back to it. You can have so much fun dicking around in that game, I swear to god.

Timeaisis

Every MGS game is like that, especially MGS4 with the amount of masks, disguises and secret weapons you get.

Very true, but I feel like 3 had it best. I dunno, could be the more open spaces and the camo system. 4's Act 2 was pretty awesome for this, for sure. But it wasn't nearly as long as I wanted. :(
Sometimes I kind of wish the entirety of MGS4 took place in Venzuela or wherever that was. Super fun.

MGS3 just had so many regular guard enemies that you could use for CQC fodder. It also has the best evasion music in the series. :)

Dude, your post on Free Speech was a good read. :)

Ah, thank you, sir.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think i'm doing it guys, i'm buying the legacy collection, fuck it i want to play MGS4. Also that art book does sounds pretty damn nice.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
*read gaming frontpage*

I remenber the latest MGS3 playthough I did I was like "Alright! Let's try and get a no-alert run", and I got discovered by the first guard in the game lol. To rub it in that was truly the only alert I got...

Skullface

Wasn't there some release date rumor it was slated for March or something? What ever came of that? I guess nothing?

News source, The Guardian, erroneously posted 3/27/15 as a concrete release date. In the article, the promptly changed the date to pretty much "some time in 2015".

Edit: March 17

brau

News source, The Guardian, erroneously posted 3/27/15 as a concrete release date. In the article, the promptly changed the date to pretty much "some time in 2015".

It would be great if it was. That would be just around the corner.

Bloodbborne would come out, and keep me entertained until MGSV released.

(._. ) too bad its likely not to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom