• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just began watching Sword Art Online myself. I haven't watched anime in ages, but heard good things. It's cool so far, like an improved .hack.

JayEH

Everybody needs to stop what they're doing now and go to crunchyroll to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Just began watching Sword Art Online myself. I haven't watched anime in ages, but heard good things. It's cool so far, like an improved .hack.

I stopped watching after 5 episodes and from what I hear it basically turns into the Japanese equivalent of a love triangle (or love rectangle or something).

Lernaean

Banned
I started watching Parasyte, after Outer GAF's recommendation. It's not a masterpiece, and certainly nowhere as good as the manga (so far), but it's definitely enjoyable.

Rean

Everybody needs to stop what they're doing now and go to crunchyroll to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I stopped watching after 5 episodes and from what I hear it basically turns into the Japanese equivalent of a love triangle (or love rectangle or something).
Jojo and Kuroko is all I've been watching lately.

Kuroko season 3 is od.

I started watching Parasyte, after Outer GAF's recommendation. It's not a masterpiece, and certainly nowhere as good as the manga (so far), but it's definitely enjoyable.

It's highly entertaining and the animation is pretty good! Good thing about parasyte it's only one season plus it's almost ending 24 eps only.

Remember Tokyo Ghoul, Durarara and Kuroko Basketball

Mifec

Code Geass is some next level shit i tell you

Season 2 was very disappointing imo.

I can fully support part 1 of this post.

As for Part 2 I quit at the same time as you, couldn't stand the moe of the week bullshit.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I see that I'm arriving at a... weird time :p I've been lurking though looking for someone to talk about GZ with (love it!) so I figure I might as well jump in. Disappointed I didn't make the fanfic. Oh well, goals.

Qualifications: named his cat "Meryl"

I see that I'm arriving at a... weird time :p I've been lurking though looking for someone to talk about GZ with (love it!) so I figure I might as well jump in. Disappointed I didn't make the fanfic. Oh well, goals.

Welcome brotherrr there's no turning back

GZ is godlike F the Hayters

Arkos

Welcome brotherrr there's no turning back

GZ is godlike F the Hayters

Lol my major qualm is that I love Hayter (his hammy delivery is the perfect balance for MG in my book, maybe not this new era). And this coming from a 24-o-phile because Jack Bauer is the closest that tv gets to Snake levels of awesome. I hate Keifer doing Snake because I love both characters and now they're conflated.

JayEH

I can talk about GZ all day with you.

Lol my major qualm is that I love Hayter. And this coming from a 24-o-phile because Jack Bauer is the closest that tv gets to Snake levels of awesome. I hate Keifer doing Snake because I love both characters and now they're conflated.

In all seriousness keifer isn't bad if Hayter appears voicing solid snake you'll hear nothing but praise for Mr Sutherland. The TGS trailer was pretty impressive especially the smacking lips sound and all that.

Arkos

I can talk about GZ all day with you.

Um its great? I had forgotten what "sandbox" fun was about since Halo 3 (/sidecontroversialopinion). So good. I think one of the last "major" things I have to do is find the tapes, only have 1 3 7. I plan on interrogating guards to try to find them. They (or anything else completion % wise) aren't difficulty dependent are they?

In all seriousness keifer isn't bad if Hayter appears voicing solid snake you'll hear nothing but praise for Mr Sutherland.

Omg hopes, hopes and dreams. How old (born yet?) is Solid at this point?

Edit: and I agree Keifer is fine, probably very good, it's just my preexisting associations with Keifer that throw me off. To the outsider it must be freaking awesome, I would think

That's about where I left off. If thats the case I'll try checking out some of these other recommendations. I've actually always wanted to check out JoJo. Maybe come back to SAO if bored.

Welcome BROTHERRR!! Never a bad time to talk about any MGS. Unless it's the US MG1 I guess.

Welcome, BROTHER! Yeah, man, GZ is great, isn't it? You'll make a future Naughty Dawgs, I'm sure! [heavy breathing]

What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

rofl, these are awesome:

Do you have a source for these pictures?

7UR8wfz.jpg

FmDA2rl.png

I don't even find a single avatar. ◔̯◔

Edit: Found atleast 1. I'm more than happy now. (。◕‿‿◕。)

本日の20時からの「コジステ」。「2015 Taipei Game Show (台北國際電玩展) 」 「ワンダーフェスティバル2015[冬]」 レポート を行います。今年最初の「映画コーナー」は「フォックスキャッチャー」を紹介します。

Kojima Station tonight from 8pm will feature "2015 Taipei Game Show", "Wonder Festival 2015". And "Foxcatcher".

Edit: Translation available.

If we're lucky, he'll say "Release date announcement soon."

Lernaean

Banned

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that you need to provide the community with an offer in blood while being nekkid and singing Miley Cyrus songs as part of the initiation process.
I'm more concerned because i'm starting to realize they only asked me for all this as a very sick prank.
Well...

Lernaean

Banned
What if I told you we're all the number 1 MGS fans?

Everything has its beginning, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that. The world is born from zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two; two becomes ten; ten becomes one hundred. Taking it all back to one solves nothing. So long as zero remains, one will eventually grow to one hundred again.

Rajang

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that you need to provide the community with an offer in blood while being nekkid and singing Miley Cyrus songs as part of the initiation process.
I'm more concerned because i'm starting to realize they only asked me for all this as a very sick prank.
Well...

For real? All I had to do for my initiation was write a haiku about Kojima.

SHould we bring it back to life?

IT'S DEAD, JIM! :lol I made it for people who really didn't keep up with the Community Thread, but Koji Sta didn't have nearly as strong a following then as it does now, as people are getting more and more thirsty for info with every passing day!

Soriku

Quick question.

In this series, do you guys try to go out of your way to explore and pick up all the items you can in an area (assuming your inventory isn't full) or do you just pick up what you can and move on?

Sn4ke_911, pls respond

Quick question.

In this series, do you guys try to go out of your way to explore and pick up all the items you can in an area (assuming your inventory isn't full) or do you just pick up what you can and move on?

When it comes to MGS, I want to get everything I can; however, on a first playthrough, I may leave things behind and come back to them later on, you know? But over the course of my time with a Metal Gear game, I look to touch every corner of the map and acquire every available item!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom