• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

We're posting pictures of fictional 16 year olds in bathing suits. it's all the rage.

tumblr_mvwv0de8IH1s4rr21o5_1280.png

Also, damn Quiets concept art looks like Paz.

Alienous

I also feel bad for Infinity Patriot... I just saw his other post over at the drunk thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151724492&postcount=14309

Seems he has a lot of stuff going on. Hope he turns out all right.

Yeah, I saw that and pondered two things.

1. What drunk person goes to a drunk thread to make a drunk post?
2. "She & her parents aand her sis were waiting for me to propose'n!!!" - That is fucking rough, and I hope that IP can get beyond it.

Broders, just in case this is the last you hear from me, just know I love you all. Every one of you. Yes, even you LD, whom for some reason dislikes me. Everyone here contributes in their own way & I'm glad to have been part of such a passionate community. From Sn4ke_911 & his overhyping things, to Batzi & his genuine love for MGS, to Murkow & his editing skills, to Dawg & his woofing, and everyone else, I'm glad to have been among you. MGSV will truly be a treat. I wish you all the best. Remember; a strong man doesn't need to read the future. He makes his own. <3333
Hey man. I'm not sure what's going on, but just know that Outer GAF always has your back. We all go through rough times, but we must pick ourselves back up and keep moving forward. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Outer GAF needs it's TRUE PATRIOT!

Skullface

I've been off the map for a while, so I haven't had the chance to update ya'll on the Metal Gear attire I picked up from Amazon. Just like my previous one, the Foxhound shirt has "Metal Gear Solid 4" printed on it. It blends in well enough where it doesn't stick out so it's not much of a bother.

The Peace Walker mercenary shirts I got from Musterbrand's Amazon page are quality with a capital "Q". They're sturdy as hell and almost feel like they're military issue. I think it was Dawg that didn't like that the "Metal Gear Solid" logo was on the shoulder of the sleeve... Well, both that and the Peace Walker logo are removable via button.

I've been off the map for a while, so I haven't had the chance to update ya'll on the Metal Gear attire I picked up from Amazon. Just like my previous one, the Foxhound shirt has "Metal Gear Solid 4" printed on it. It blends in well enough where it doesn't stick out so it's not much of a bother.
Thanks for the update. It's really a shame about the MGS4 logo though. Ugh, why would they even put it on a Foxhound t-shirt? Do you have any pics? Maybe I'll try the redbubble Foxhound shirts instead...

The Peace Walker mercenary shirts I got from Musterbrand's Amazon page are quality with a capital "Q". They're sturdy as hell and almost feel like they're military issue.
That Musterbrand shirt is damn tempting too...

I think it was Dawg that didn't like that the "Metal Gear Solid" logo was on the shoulder of the sleeve... Well, both that and the Peace Walker logo are removable via button.
I mentioned that to Dawg, and he didn't even care. ;_;

The badge is detachable so problem solved. :3

Lernaean

Banned

The Peace Walker mercenary shirts I got from Musterbrand's Amazon page are quality with a capital "Q". They're sturdy as hell and almost feel like they're military issue. I think it was Dawg that didn't like that the "Metal Gear Solid" logo was on the shoulder of the sleeve... Well, both that and the Peace Walker logo are removable via button.

Sounds good. Are the Musterbrand shirts really big? Because i checked the size chart and it seems like i need a Small, but I'm always wearing a Medium. Can you confirm?
Seems like both S and M (pun intended) are out of stock atm, and i asked to be notified when (if) they're available.

Skullface

Thanks for the update. It's really a shame about the MGS4 logo though. Ugh, why would they even put it on a Foxhound t-shirt? Do you have any pics? Maybe I'll try the redbubble Foxhound shirts instead...

That Musterbrand shirt is damn tempting too...

I'll get on pics asap. It's a shame I can't just upload them 4chan style. I haven't been able to figure out image hosting sites to the point where they're easy for me to use. The red bubble gear is awesome, you have to see them because to mockups on their site don't do them justice.

As for the Foxhound shirt, it wasn't until I got it that I remembered where the MGS4 logo was. Check out the knife's handle in this link. It's really discreet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F6OM8M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I can't reccomend the Musterbrand gear enough. Their price really reflects the quality. Plus, seeing Kojima rock their gear really made me feel good about th purchase in general.

Sounds good. Are the Musterbrand shirts really big? Because i checked the size chart and it seems like i need a Small, but I'm always wearing a Medium. Can you confirm?
Seems like both S and M (pun intended) are out of stock atm, and i asked to be notified when (if) they're available.

I got a large and its fucking huge on me. But I feel like military gear is supposed to be slightly baggy, so it feels right if that makes sense. BTW, my gear shipped from Germany.

Psycho_Mantis_(MGS4).jpg

Was anyone (or everyone?) as maximum hyped when you first saw this only to feel like the whole scene spit on the Psycho Mantis OG moment? Like. The whole rumble feature and memory card joke, claiming he is powerless on the new hardware?! Ugh, it made me depressed. I felt so stoked to have Mantis involved only to see it was an easy joke.

I'll get on pics asap. It's a shame I can't just upload them 4chan style. I haven't been able to figure out image hosting sites to the point where they're easy for me to use. The red bubble gear is awesome, you have to see them because to mockups on their site don't do them justice.
Just use Imgur, I don't think you need an account or anything.

As for the Foxhound shirt, it wasn't until I got it that I remembered where the MGS4 logo was. Check out the knife's handle in this link. It's really discreet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F6OM8M/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Okay, that's actually not too bad. Still, I wish these were official shirts as they appear to be knock-offs Oh well.

JayEH

Yo this thread is weird :/
<3

If you want to talk IP you can send me a message on PSN.

Anyway I've always wondered what the Japanese equivalent of Gaf was and how they're handling the lack of a release date. Must be worse with Kojima having a show where he just talks about movies he's seen.

<3

Anyway I've always wondered what the Japanese equivalent of Gaf was and how they're handling the lack of a release date. Must be worse with Kojima having a show where he just talks about movies he's seen.

Stay on topic. :mad:

<3

I don't notice the japanese internet at all (except pixiv.net)

Lernaean

Banned
I got a large and its fucking huge on me. But I feel like military gear is supposed to be slightly baggy, so it feels right if that makes sense. BTW, my gear shipped from Germany.

Yeah, it makes sense to be baggy, if you're actually planning on going into a war, so i think I'll go for the Small.
They say VAT included at the site, so i suppose Euro orders ship from somewhere in Europe yes.

<3

The Japanese equivalent should riot, Japan Gaf pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom