• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You for real bruh?

I am just interested to see the results
smug.png

Dawg

I refuse to believe this news, too many inconsistencies and a very vague source.

"June or September" ... that's just randomly calling out months for hits & clicks. With some luck, they'll be right and people might think the article was legit.

I could make a similar article on our website, call my source an insider and post it on GAF.

JayEH

IGN outside of NA and UK is just clickbaity stuff. Remember IGN russia confirming that TLG was cancelled? lol

President Tora needs to get here ASAP to crush this.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i dont know guys i have an inside source that told me mgsv will definitely release in either may, april, june, july, august, september, october or november, of this year or maybe the next

brau

i dont know guys i have an inside source that told me mgsv will definitely release in either may, april, june, july, august, september, october or november, of this year or maybe the next

Was it the cousin of the friend of the relative of the guy who lives across the street from that store over there?

Cuz i heard him say that too.

Timeaisis

I know a guy who's sister works for Kojima's neighbor's cousin's best friend. He says it's definitely coming out before the universe ends. Take it with a grain of salt.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It really doesn't make sense. More time to promote the game? Even for a June release they have about 4 months to really market it. Nintendo marketed a whole new handheld in 1 month.

Dawg

I'm sure for MGSV they want a bigger marketing push but hey if the game is already done then START already. I mean we are still in february, no excuses!

This "source" is full of shit.

Exactly. They could still announce the game this month and say it will release in june. That's 4 months between announcement and release. They could start promoting it in april, for example.

It annoys me that people go like "guys do u even know what promotion means? not everyone browses neogaf 24/7" without understanding it themselves.
I hope all this isn't referring to me. My point has been that they are probably still working out their PR/marketing plan. I'm not specifically talking about the execution.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Exactly. They could still announce the game this month and say it will release in june. That's 4 months between announcement and release. They could start promoting it in april, for example.

Yeah, people act like they announced the game a few weeks ago lol.

NYR94

MGS4's official release date in June was announced in late February. For MGS3 they said "mid-November" but the exact date wasn't revealed until mid October, merely a month before the game actually came out. I don't want to have to wait until September for TPP to come out. I hope it's closer to June.

It's super crazy but I wish the release date was March 18th,2015 for Funsies, or perhaps the 24th,2015 so I could have the satisfaction of picking up two masterpieces at once.

I hope it's before June and I think it probably will be!

If I am wrong well all I can do is continue to wait.

Dawg

SMH AT PEOPLE JUST ACCEPTING THE IGN ARTICLE

AAHHAHAAHHAHAHAJHAAAHAAHJAHAIJIKALWJOXPEJOPIZOPDUPDUZPRU9Z98NUEOIQCEIOQEUIGUDINQNHIACOACE sdfisqdiogh ON U°09 HIAURORAUIRYR773R62634526R5A64T0A4T549IHUHUYFTYDRD

JayEH

SMH AT PEOPLE JUST ACCEPTING THE IGN ARTICLE

AAHHAHAAHHAHAHAJHAAAHAAHJAHAIJIKALWJOXPEJOPIZOPDUPDUZPRU9Z98NUEOIQCEIOQEUIGUDINQNHIACOACE sdfisqdiogh ON U°09 HIAURORAUIRYR773R62634526R5A64T0A4T549IHUHUYFTYDRD

Yeah it's frustrating. I'm not even posting anymore because people are just accepting something without trying to verify its credibility.

There was some made up story about the next cod having the subtitle Patriots and focusing on time traveling WW1 and people ate it up for a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom