• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

Damn I want that alarm clock.

B9r9VPvCAAAVJ0T.jpg:large
That thing better play Sins of the Father.

Zambatoh

Friday the 13th actually happens to be my birthday. No bad luck for me this year!

Especially since I got a brand spanking new computer that can run MGSV when that comes out. C:

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That thing better play Sins of the Father.

Stage 1: Humming from the beginning.... if you don't wake up...

Stage 2: WORDS THAT KILL... still not awake?

Stage 3: WOOOOAHAHOAOHAOHAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You've been in a coma for....quite, some time
Yes-yes, I know
You'd like to know how long
I'm afraid its been.......nine years....

Just in time for the MGSVI hype train LD!!!

OH SHIT MGS6
STARRING THE BOSS?!?!
MAIN THEME MAKING A RETURN?!?!
DONNA BURKE VOCAL THEME?!?!
KOJIMAAAAAAA.GIF
BATZIIIIIIIII.GIF

HYPE IN GENERALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WOOOAHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHLIGHTUPTHEDARKINHISEYES

tumblr_nbbow8tNDj1qk7jxio1_500.gif

FTFY!

Oh yeah that ps event is happening tomorrow. Prepare for nothing.

Wow. I forgot that thing was even happening... :lol To be honest, I think Kojima is just gonna say "I'm announcing the release date on (this day)." And he'll announce it wherever/whenever he wants-- press release kinda announcement. I'm sure there will be celebrating that accompanies it, because they know how badly fans want it, but I just think he'll tell us when we're getting the release date.

JUST FUCKING GIVE IT TO ME.

Mifec

PS4.

The only way to play this game.

Anyone getting this on Xbox One or PC will be judged by me.

Judge me for playing it at 2560x1440/120fps(if it isn't locked to 60) with nVidia bells and whistles all you want Dawg, judge away <3

Which platform are you guys getting TPP on anyway?

I'm getting the PS4 version.

PS4, PC will be the platforms on which I spend the most time with this game! PC version is a blessing, too, because I don't have to worry about MGO shutting down-- that's why I'm most excited for it, anyway.

PS4 but I'll probably be getting all versions eventually.

And this, because in the end it has to be this way!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
ill get PC

ps4 is shit and doesnt have anything else that interests me
come at me dawg

Dawg

u herad me m8

dems fighting words u beech

I actually own a 24" Dell UltraSharp IPS with a i5-3570K, Noctua cooler, GTX 770, 8GB RAM, SSD, Golden 650W system but I don't use it too much these days. I should upgrade it because the GTX 770 is getting a bit old.

I actually own a 24" Dell UltraSharp IPS with a i5-3570K, Noctua cooler, GTX 770, 8GB RAM, SSD, Golden 650W system but I don't use it too much these days. I should upgrade it because the GTX 770 is getting a bit old.
Mm yes, I have a pair of these. Love em!

But wait, you posted a pic of a Benq?

Dawg

Mm yes, I have a pair of these. Love em!

But wait, you posted a pic of a Benq?

Oh damn, you have good eyes indeed! This is an older picture of my setup when I still owned a BenQ 120hz. I wanted to try the effect real bad.

Unfortunately, I'm a "single GPU" purist and 120fps is a bit much to maintain on a single GPU. I don't like lowering my graphics either. So I sold it and bought an UltraSharp instead, which I like very much.

JayEH

Here's a picture of my setup. As you can see, I have a mITX build. I love a small setup. Also, Mifec... I made a mistake. The i5-3570K was my previous CPU. I now own Haswell i5-4670K.

It wasn't your violent nature that scared me...it was your room, your heart...

There wasn't anything in your room, only a bed and a desk with a computer on it! No television set, no family pictures, not even a poster!

Here, these are recent pictures.
Ahh yes, looks like the newer model Ultrasharps? Mine are of the 3/4 year old variety. I've felt compelled recently to replace them with a curved 30" for some reason, but I can't go through with it.

Also that poster is sexy.

Dawg

Ahh yes, looks like the newer model Ultrasharps? Mine are of the 3/4 year old variety. I've felt compelled to go with a curved 30" for some reason, but I can't go through with it.

Also that poster is sexy.

Yeah, it's the newest one. Bought it a few months ago. Excellent quality. The colors are really impressive.

And that poster is probably the most unique MGS-related thing I own. It was a private commission done by an (imo) extremely talented artist. Cost me quite a penny, but I'd say it was worth it.

Dawg

One day maybe I'll get a computer that can run a video game

Maybe

I use a strange method to keep my computer up-to-date.

I basically buy my parts in The Netherlands (neighbour country) where prices are cheaper. I also wait until there are some good deals. I make sure not to cross the €1000 barrier too much.

Then, after about a year when the new hardware is around the corner, I start to make an auction online. Usually, the value will still be decent because prices in Belgium are higher and people are surprisingly willing to pay good money for a decent gaming computer.

After I've sold the old one, I usually only pay about €100 myself for the upgrade. This includes a completely new CPU, GPU, PSU, case, motherboard and RAM. I keep the SSD because it contains valuable data.

Using this method, I can easily have the newest hardware every year and it'll only cost me about €1000 for 10 full years. That's the same money some people give to buy a completely new computer every few years.

Just gotta know da market.

Mifec

a qnix2710 IPS 27 here overclocked to 120hz

I got older games to 120fps no problem on a 780ti(which I got from my girl on release day, 10am priority delivery rofl)

Choomp

Banned
Thanks Dawg, I don't know the market or anything about computers or specs or anything, so I'm hoping by the time I have money to buy something for gaming I'll know more about that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom