• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

I posted this in TLOU OT but it's dead in there, so I'll post it here instead...

Sneak attack or dont engage. Havent played grounded but even on hard I got my ass handed to me if I engaged them directly. Molotovs are your friends. Use guns only if they already know you are there. How far along are you in the game? Use spoilers just in case.

I posted this in TLOU OT but it's dead in there, so I'll post it here instead...

stealth.stealth.stealth. get the shiv upgrade so you can shiv them by sneaking up and grabbing them. or hit them with a bottle/brick and run up on them and hit them with a bat or 2x4. molitovs are good too. do NOT try to take them on by alerting them and shooting them.

otherwise, just sneak around them without alerting them at all. remember, they can't see you at all. they are only alerted by noise, so if you keep your distance and stay crouched and move slowly, you can just maneuver around them

TLoU is a fantastic stealth experience on grounded without listen mode

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| You were expecting a release date but it was me, ToraShiro!

it-was-me-austin-o.gif

it was torashirooo all along gaffff

Rajang

Grounded mode is meant for players who are already familiar with the game and know the levels inside out. I would never recommend that difficulty for someone who plays the game for the first time. That difficulty is brutal for new players.

I played the game on Hard the first time (I couldn't select anything higher on PS3 version). And it was a good challenge in the early parts of the game. I would recommend Survivor if you are good at stealth.

And I disagree with shiv upgrade. If you are stealthy you should never get grabbed by a clicker. First things to max out are Health and Weapon Sway. Ignore crap like craftingspeed/medkit healing speed or whatever. Don't waste parts on handguns. The only handgun that you should upgrade is El Diablo. Use most of your parts on the Hunting Rifle and Shotgun. Bow is good enough without upgrades. When fully upgraded the Hunting Rifle is by far the most powerful weapon in the game.

TheBoss1

Sneak attack or dont engage. Havent played grounded but even on hard I got my ass handed to me if I engaged them directly. Molotovs are your friends. Use guns only if they already know you are there. How far along are you in the game? Use spoilers just in case.
In the sewers, Joel and the black kid were separated from Ellie and the black guy. I forced my way through because stealth wasn't working for me here. Now I am at the point where a ton load of infected are coming at me and the black guy while Ellie and the black kid tries to get the door open.
stealth.stealth.stealth. get the shiv upgrade so you can shiv them by sneaking up and grabbing them. or hit them with a bottle/brick and run up on them and hit them with a bat or 2x4. molitovs are good too. do NOT try to take them on by alerting them and shooting them.

otherwise, just sneak around them without alerting them at all. remember, they can't see you at all. they are only alerted by noise, so if you keep your distance and stay crouched and move slowly, you can just maneuver around them

TLoU is a fantastic stealth experience on grounded without listen mode

Stay on topic! :mad:
jk ('u')
Try to draw as many of them away from you with bricks or any distractions and never get into direct combat with them.

:O you should have played it on Normal or Hard mode!

Grounded mode is meant for players who are already familiar with the game and know the levels inside out. I would never recommend that difficulty for someone who plays the game for the first time. That difficulty is brutal for new players.

I played the game on Hard the first time (I couldn't select anything higher on PS3 version). And it was a good challenge in the early parts of the game. I would recommend Survivor if you are good at stealth.

And I disagree with shiv upgrade. If you are stealthy you should never get grabbed by a clicker. First things to max out are Health and Weapon Sway. Ignore crap like craftingspeed/medkit healing speed or whatever. Don't waste parts on handguns. The only handgun that you should upgrade is El Diablo. Use most of your parts on the Hunting Rifle and Shotgun. Bow is good enough without upgrades. When fully upgraded the Hunting Rifle is by far the most powerful weapon in the game.
Thanks a lot guys!

I will not lower the difficulty!
T_T

I have a hard time sneaking when there's both runners and clickers in the same area. Clickers are easier to sneak around since they can't see, but the Runners can see, and once they're alerted, everyone else is too.

LowParry

-sigh-

So with all these new announcments and videos out now. A new FF DIssidia. Tekken 7 footage of new characters. I still come crawling back hoping, praying for a release date for TPP. I've already declared it my GOTY. No questions asked at all. I was even playing Bayonetta 2 the other night, the thought of TTP came to mind. Then I just pressed paused and wondered. When are we getting a release date? E3? GDC? NEVER!? Ugh. Hurry up Kojima. I can't hold on forever. I still need to finish watching the Peace Walker "movie".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom