• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

You guys think Kojima got the idea of D.D. from Kuromaru from Naruto?

B90Y4PqIYAA0BJW.jpg:large

brau

Fun fact: I had a video game idea similar to the trailer about a year ago. No spy stuff though. I should see this movie.

oooh.. never heard of it nor was very interested in the movie tbh. but man am i glad i went to see it. some of the best action scenes i have ever seen. awesome humor, interesting characters. loved all of the movie. Will watch again.

Lernaean

Banned
That should be better.

jhb2wvxa.png
j8ytxcmo.png

Left one, definitely.

Also 1: You spent the last few pages finding names for OT2? You guys are insane!

Also 2: Played some Peace Walker this evening. Just a couple of hours for ol' times sake, and it's final for me. Those of you who think that Hayter is a better BB than Kiefer are just truly insane. Or deaf. Pick one.

sexyelder

Metal Gear doesn't have the same plot every game though.

It kinda does :/ not every game but, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3, all have the same layout. The story has evolved since then though, and the similarities were on purpose.

JayEH

24 Season 1: Terrorist threat, Jack is on the job, Inside man feeding info to terrorists,Jack's daughter is in trouble
24 Season 2: Terrorist threat, Jack is on the job, Inside man trying to sabotage Presidency, Jack's daughter is in trouble
24 Season 3: ....

Pls don't compare Metal Gear to 24.

MGS1 - I'm not defined by my genes
MGS2 - I can pass on my legacy to future generations without genes
MGS3 - Times define who are our enemies

Only similarity is there is a Snake who is trying to stop a Metal gear.

Skullface

It kinda does :/ not every game but, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3, all have the same layout. The story has evolved since then though, and the similarities were on purpose.

The premise is very similar in the majority of MGS games though...

Naw, it's got a formula, but the plots are pretty different. The similar premises are stopping a nuke and destroying a Metal Gear variant. Everything else is pretty different.

sexyelder

I hope the Mother Base infiltration is capable of being more than just a game mode. Imagine infiltrating a massive mother base that would take hours to infiltrate while the owner of the mother base can assign bosses to defend it like Quiet or Ocelot. It would be MGS 2 all over again c:

Edit: Fighting another players Zeke would be pretty cool too

Dawg

Naw, it's got a formula, but the plots are pretty different. The similar premises are stopping a nuke and destroying a Metal Gear variant. Everything else is pretty different.

But Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 all had the "rookie has to save the day" premise.

Rajang

They all have recurring story elements like nukes, a special unit you have to face etc. But every Metal Gear deals with a different theme and has a different setting. MGS2 is only similar to MGS1 if you take the story at face value. The actual story and over arching narrative is incredibly different and alot more complex.

Peace Walker is also very different.

But Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 AND 3 all had the "rookie has to save the day" premise.

Snake was a veteran during MGS1. He already had legendary status thanks to events in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

LowParry

It's a shame how 4 turned out. I was really wanting the whole Liquid arm taking over theme that we got to see at the end of 2. Instead we got Drebin Tales and doppleganger nonsense. There was a moment there when I decided that MGS was done for me after 4 (MGO being the saving grace). But then we got games like Peace Walker and Rising and I roped back in so hard.

Dawg

Snake was a veteran during MGS1. He already had legendary status thanks to events in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

Well Snake isn't a rookie in 1 :p

Anyway he's trying to say that yeah the premise is the same but the execution and themes are different

Okay, but in MGS1 they still wanted to create "the perfect soldier" with Snake, no? Everyone always says he became the perfect soldier after those events. Which is why they tried the same in MGS2.

Guess my point is: in all three games, the main characters went through many trials and events leading up to them becoming "exceptional soldiers". Naked Snake becomes Big Boss and both Raiden and Solid Snake become "the perfect soldier" after what they went through.

"Anyway he's trying to say that yeah the premise is the same but the execution and themes are different"

Then why disagree with me while I said exactly that? That the premise was similar :pPP

Rean

I hope the Mother Base infiltration is capable of being more than just a game mode. Imagine infiltrating a massive mother base that would take hours to infiltrate while the owner of the mother base can assign bosses to defend it like Quiet or Ocelot. It would be MGS 2 all over again c:

Edit: Fighting another players Zeke would be pretty cool too
Kojima needs to hire you.
Of course

tumblr_m3rdgrgOR01r2kkkho1_1280.png
Didn't know he liked spiderman. lol

sexyelder

I have GZ for One & PC, should I get it for my new PS4 as well? :/ PS4 will be my primary console for TPP and Kojima said people who play GZ will get bonuses in TPP. And my progress in PC and One obviously wouldn't carry to PS4.

I have GZ for One & PC, should I get it for my new PS4 as well? :/ PS4 will be my primary console for TPP and Kojima said people who play GZ will get bonuses in TPP. And my progress in PC and One obviously wouldn't carry to PS4.

Just get the inevitable SE collection that will include both.

Assuming Kojima gives us a release date.

YES

y'all can invade my base if you know what im sayin

JayEH

The question is if it's going to be included in both collections or just one.. But this will happen one way or another, next thing you know it's free on psn plus a month before release.

I expect it to be Plus soon. Including it with a CE is just plain stupid. Hardcore Metal Gear fans have already bought the game at least twice.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Dawg

Getting PS4 tomarrow, I got Second Son.

Im at the store right now.

Bro.

Get:

Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Last of Us Remastered if you don't have it yet
Driveclub (great if you're into racing)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Grim Fandango (digital)
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Any of these. Played them all. Obviously not all exclusive, but really good anyway. Unless you already have the PC version.

Also, Order 1886 releasing soon. Might be worth looking into.

JayEH

Really looking forward to the Order. It's probably not going to be long or spectacular when it comes to gameplay but I'm a sucker for "cinematic shooters" and weird takes on history.

sexyelder

Bro.

Get:

Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Last of Us Remastered if you don't have it yet
Driveclub (great if you're into racing)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Grim Fandango (digital)
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Any of these. Played them all. Obviously not all exclusive, but really good anyway. Unless you already have the PC version.

Also, Order 1886 releasing soon. Might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the suggestions, I already have TLOU for PS3 & Inquisition for One. Ill probably get Wolfenstein later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom