• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Just finished another playthrough of the main Ground Zeroes mission on my PS4, and I've concluded that GZ is still the best looking game on the system, in my personal opinion. Only thing I think that really comes close are some aspects of AC: Unity when the framerate is being compliant. Am I crazy?

Nope that opening scene with the rain and spotlights is jaw dropping. And it's 60 fps!

Just finished another playthrough of the main Ground Zeroes mission on my PS4, and I've concluded that GZ is still the best looking game on the system, in my personal opinion. Only thing I think that really comes close are some aspects of AC: Unity when the framerate is being compliant. Am I crazy?

This guy knows what's up.

Dawg

I still think it's weird because people say MGS V looks like a PlayStation 3 game all the time.

When I started Ground Zeroes, I was fucking amazed. I had already played Infamous: Second Son so it's not like I didn't know what the PlayStation 4 was capable of. Maybe Ground Zeroes isn't technically superior... who knows... but I think it depends a lot on what you do with the resources you're given.

Kojima is a perfectionist and it shows. A game like The Order 1886 will most likely look better than Ground Zeroes but aesthetically, I prefer Metal Gear Solid V. Design-wise, it looks incredible. And every new shot Kojima shows us is further proof of that, to me.

JayEH

Thanks Fox Engine!
BjeitsDCcAEsx9D.jpg

I still think it's weird because people say MGS V looks like a PlayStation 3 game all the time.

When I started Ground Zeroes, I was fucking amazed. I had already played Infamous: Second Son so it's not like I didn't know what the PlayStation 4 was capable of. Maybe Ground Zeroes isn't technically superior... who knows... but I think it depends a lot on what you do with the resources you're given.

Kojima is a perfectionist and it shows. A game like The Order 1886 will most likely look better than Ground Zeroes but aesthetically, I prefer Metal Gear Solid V. Design-wise, it looks incredible. And every new shot Kojima shows us is further proof of that, to me.

It's a testament to Koji Pro. The assets being used are 4-5 years old and people are even debating about it-- I think that's all that needs to be said. Not to mention, TPP looks leaps and bounds better than GZ!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

I couldn't agree more.

Also 60 FPS and looking this good is like LD said really a testament and I feel Kojima and his team doesn't get enough love for this.

There is a reason why most games run at 30 FPS because it's like Naughty Dog said "really fucking hard" to get games to run at 60 FPS.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

it's not cinematic enough Kappa

Dawg

yeah the frame rate is too high.

This is actually funny because I often tend to forget The Phantom Pain will be 60 frames per second.

I still can't believe that. Yeah, I don't even care if it won't look like the next graphical powerhouse anymore. We will be able to explore an entire sandbox world at a smooth 60 frames on console.

That, to me, is pretty damn important... even more so if the game itself is 100 hours or longer. I don't know about you guys but a shoddy framerate can really ruin the experience, especially if your game is extremely large and you have to suffer slowdowns and stuff.

Antinash

I hadn't touched GZ in about 6 months, but recently picked up a new 1080p monitor and wanted something to test out on it. Even after playing most of the big releases of last year, the sheer crispness of the image combined with the weather/lighting effects blew me away. I need TPP in my life so it can blow me away all over again.

Rean

I'm still interested in the role the child soldiers will play in the game. They haven't showed them anywhere but that trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom