• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if Geoff will be there.
Or at least he hopes his buddy Kojima will invite him :smugface:

Also this, I predicted the future:

ToraShiro: "Well, I'll be damned. So it was you who was feeding me information. Yes, the hype can be maintained again. They ordered it because they felt that's the only way in
order to release The Phantom Pain. We can look forward now to some major shitposting again. It looks as if everything is going exactly the way you wanted it. When Dorito Pope
saw the shitposting you supplied and found out he was the target of the trolling, he brought the release date documents right to me. Yes, we should've know Geoff was
serious about placing those Doritos next to him at the interview... Seems our insurance policy came in handy after all. He did quite well... And now I've got the release date. Is
that all part of your script, too? Using him and the Kojima Productions like that... Only you could have pulled it off. But... You won't be using me anymore... ...Post data...
...from Cipher Cat? Posts... posting...? ...I see... Intriguing... I'll help you with the project. But on one condition... I want him to join us. Yes, Geoff Keighley... So that we can become the Trolls. Yes, I'll be in touch... ...my dear Kojima."

Dawg

I hope you're okay Dawg, I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say that we're all here you, and anyone else who is feeling depressed or upset.

I'm sure there are more than a few of us that understand, maybe not directly or exactly, but many of us know depression intimately. My PM is open, as well as my Telegram account. I want you to feel free to hit me up, and like tom said, anyone else should feel just as welcome to PM.

I'm 26 years old. I spent 6 years living independently. 2 of those 6 years spent living as a family, the family I created. Shit is fucking tough man. The most rent I paid was $1,400 a month, this was before utilities. Heat/electricity/cable/internet, I was paying close to $1,800 a month all in all. I was making $2,400 on an average month, it was hard to keep my head above water. There were months that I was making $8k+, so that kind of made up for the rest of the year. I've been living with my parents again for just a little over a year, and decided to pursue a degree, because fuck struggling.

Then you are most likely in the same position as me. When my father went away, left me behind and started a new life with his new wife and his new kids. I hated him for a long time. The hatred was gone since some years. But additionally to that. I understood a few months ago, something very important. He did the right thing. I don't know if it's like I think it is, but it probably is. He wasn't married with my mother, probably because he didn't loved her really. So he didn't want all that. He wanted his own thing, that what he really wanted. And I am now in the exact same position as him. My mother, my brothers, everyone I met in my entire life, is meaningless to me. This whole life I lived for years, is nothing but a lie, I had to pretend to be someone who I am not. But once I get the "ok" from a certain person, this will all change and I leave everything behind, as cruel as that might sound, but this includes this place aswell.

Thanks.

Bricky

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4155-1386096821-0.gif

And even if the june release is correct
(which is not)
it was a total dick move.
I honestly believe this will be the last MGS game Kojima is directing and he works all the time on it to make it probably the best game in history. He certainly wanted to do something very special. And if that what Batzi is telling is true
(which is not)
. Then that was the most fucked up thing. Seriously I understand everyone wants the game or the release date. But it's Kojima at the end who is making the game. Let him decide, geez.

Skullface

Is Batzi super legit? I was wondering why his name was being mentioned so much.

Batzi is about legit as I am when it comes to insider knowledge, so not legit at all. He's announced recently that he has two confidential sources that informed him that PP would be released in June (something many of us have suspected any way). He refuses to even outline why we should trust his alleged sources, and only agreed to discuss one source with mods. Mods didn't think he was very legit either for that matter.

RavenH2

Sorry to derail the release date madness a bit, but what ever happened to that Ground Zeroes DLC that leaked last week?

Was it real?

PS: I'm at work, can't see the pic Cipher Cat, sorry, but I'm glad that at least I can check neogaf

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I will say this, there is a reason why Batzi is not banned yet so he obviously gave the mods something of some kind of proof, but it was not enough to re-open the other thread...so yeah take that as you will.

Batzi

Banned
To be fair Batzi doesn't know when they will reveal the release date, his source only said the game comes out in june.
They also mentioned something about February being an interesting month for Metal Gear but said this could possibly change since there are still uncertainties within Konami mainly saying that the date keeps changing. They sent out several decoy release dates to retailers to see who leaks it and who doesn't so that they deal at the end with those they can trust. That's why some retailers were posting accurate release dates (placeholders) on their end.

Batzi

Banned
I will say this, there is a reason why Batzi is not banned yet so he obviously gave the mods something of some kind of proof, but it was not enough to re-open the other thread...so yeah take that as you will.
This. They wanted more, and I couldn't provide so they didn't take a risk and kept it closed.

They also mentioned something about February being an interesting month for Metal Gear but said this could possibly change since there are still uncertainties within Konami mainly saying that the date keeps changing. They sent out several decoy release dates to retailers to see who leaks it and who doesn't so that they deal at the end with those they can trust. That's why some retailers were posting accurate release dates (placeholders) on their end.

Why would anyone tell you this if the whole aim is to keep it to people who they trust?

Skullface

This. They wanted more, and I couldn't provide so they didn't take a risk and kept it closed.

I'll eat crow all day erry day if there is even an iota of legitimacy to what your sources told you.

Sn4ke_911

I'll eat crow all day erry day if there is even an iota of legitimacy to what your sources told you.

Well it's not like it's something crazy what Batzi said.

I said for a long time now i think the game comes out in june.

If he would have said april now THAT would have been truly special, but june is like "yeah pal i think so too".

brau

Just talk to me again.. I am sorry.. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

I gotta start your avatar... but was busy this morning playing MH4... and then i did that nero one. Tormorrow i have another avatar to do... that is if i can get away from MH, and THEN i can do your avatar haha.

Sorry to keep you waiting, huh?

Skullface

Well it's not like it's something crazy what Batzi said.

I said for a long time now i think the game comes out in june.

If he would have said april now THAT would have been truly special, but june is like "yeah pal i think so too".

I have way too many questions to believe this leak. Who are these sources to Batzi? Friends? Acquaintances? Family? Where do they work? What do they do there? If they happen to work for Konami or a Konami funded enterprise, they've surely signed an LDA. Of all people on God's green earth to take a chance with, why Batzi? Also, the fact that a lot of us expect June is somewhat suspect as well.

Batzi

Banned
This. Why is it that the one outsider with this knowledge Batzi? The one person in the entire world privy to this leak. Sounds legit.
My sources happen to be very close friends of mine and they work in the industry and I'm their craziest Metal Gear friend, what's wrong with sharing "secrets" with friends? I obviously broke the trust since I promised "it" I would not say anything. As long as I don't reveal its identity, it will be ok.

I gotta start your avatar... but was busy this morning playing MH4... and then i did that nero one. Tormorrow i have another avatar to do... that is if i can get away from MH, and THEN i can do your avatar haha.

Sorry to keep you waiting, huh?

Ah.. no. It's fine. I thought you are angry or upset or something like that, because of my ridiculous detailed request..

Sn4ke_911

My sources happen to be very close friends of mine and they work in the industry and I'm their craziest Metal Gear friend, what's wrong with sharing "secrets" with friends? I obviously broke the trust since I promised "it" I would not say anything. As long as I don't reveal its identity, it will be ok.

I true friend.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

So you know only june, not the exact date right?

Skullface

Ok, so they work in the industry. For what company? What do they do there? I don't need a precise job title and office location. If these friends are so close, why are you willing to violate their trust?

Batzi

Banned
I true friend.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

So you know only june, not the exact date right?
Yup. They said "tentatively June". It could change due to internal problems. Like I said, Konami keeps changing the date but it seems they have agreed on a month lately. What internal problems they might be having? Not sure but correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it JunkerHQ the one who said that Kojima is feeling down lately? Didn't he say that they were still finding bugs? So yea there you go.

Batzi

Banned
If it turns out that it was really legit. Then that was a ridiculous dick move and a punch in Kojima's face.

Someone who's doing that, ain't a true fan.
Yo dude I am not spoiling the story here. A release date reveal at this stage won't hurt Konami, it will make us fans happy. If Konami is still not ready to announce they won't and that tentative June release will change if things get worse which I hope they won't.

Dawg

If it turns out that it was really legit. Then that was a ridiculous dick move and a punch in Kojima's face.

Someone who's doing that, ain't a true fan.

At this point, I don't even care anymore.

YOU'VE HAD YOUR CHANCE KOJIMA TROLL, I'LL NEVER FORGET CHICKEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom