• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out that it was really legit. Then that was a ridiculous dick move and a punch in Kojima's face.

Someone who's doing that, ain't a true fan.
What? I dunno man, I think the real punch in the face has been just how long Kojima's been screwing us around with this release date thing. It's not like if Batzi's leak is correct that he's spoiled some massive surprise in the story, this is something that should have been availible to put our minds at ease ages ago. Even Tora's a little frustrated at how long we've been kept waiting on this.

Bricky

If they do announce the release date tommorow (which seems to be a decent possibility) we'll know soon enough whether Batzi is legit or not. Not trusting him blindly, but the fact he didn't get banned after modbot closed Dawg's thread gives him some credibility in my humble opinion. Benefit of the doubt situation for me.

That said, I still think the Gametrailers tease is more likely to be an unrelated coincidence than a tease for tommorow's event.

Yo dude I am not spoiling the story here. A release date reveal at this stage won't hurt Konami, it will make us fans happy. If Konami is still not ready to announce they won't and that tentative June release will change if things get worse which I hope they won't.

At this point, I don't even care anymore.

YOU'VE HAD YOUR CHANCE KOJIMA TROLL, I'LL NEVER FORGET CHICKEN.

Nothing personal but this is full of ridiculous bullshit.

And sending now "information" only to certain MGS GAF member is even more retarded. Yes, I said retarded and I won't change that word. Because it is retarded. We are talking here about everything. We are a community but what you guys are doing is totally fucked up. I am out for today.

Skullface

If they do announce the release date tommorow (which seems to be a decent possibility) we'll know soon enough whether Batzi is legit or not. Not trusting him blindly, but the fact he didn't get banned after modbot closed Dawg's thread gives him some credibility in my humble opinion. Benefit of the doubt situation for me.

That said, I still think the Gametrailers tease is more likely to be an unrelated coincidence than a tease for tommorow's event.

Batzi himself may be legit, but that doesn't say anything about his sources. For instance, if the mods thought Batzi believed he had good reason to trust his sources, I could see that as a reason to forgo a ban.

Dawg

And sending now "information" only to certain MGS GAF member is even more retarded. Yes, I said retarded and I won't change that word. Because it is retarded. We are talking here about everything. We are a community but what you guys are doing is totally fucked up. I am out for today.

My reply wasn't related to the PMing, C.C.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Have a great day, my friend.

He didn't PM me.

Sexyelder is still around too. (and I'm fine with that, I don't want anyone banned)

Skullface

I get your frustration, but I think Batzi offered to PM me because I had been increasingly vocal and aggressive out some basic questions regarding his sources. I think the questions I have are reasonable, but the answers may be sensitive. Take a chill pill.

Not to say I don't also have doubts, but can you blame him for keeping it to PM? It's not just MGS-Gaf that reads this thread, you know.... he doesn't want this to happen:

http://www.gamepur.com/feature/1801...er-gta-v-why-i-am-worried-about-size-map.html

Based on the analysis made by NeoGaf user Love Deterrence, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is supposed to include a playable area much bigger than Grand Theft Auto V's San Andreas. This Is even more surprising if you consider that The Phantom Pain will be the first open world game in the popular franchise. There are at least two interesting facts in this meticulous analysis.

I get your frustration, but I think Batzi offered to PM me because I had been increasingly vocal and aggressive out some basic questions regarding his sources. I think the questions I have are reasonable, but the answers may be sensitive. Take a chill pill.

It has nothing to do with calming down.

We are a community. You guys telling information by PMing. And leaving the rest of us in the dark. And that is not the definition of a community.

You know, what I said earlier, if this turns out and be really june, that Batzi just punched Kojima in the face? Scratch that, not only would he have done that.

But now, he, you who got the pm, dawg who also knows about this and everyone else who got those exclusive Batzi "informations" just punched everyone else from this community in the face. This isn't a community anymore. This is retarded.

Skullface

It has nothing to do with calming down.

We are a community. You guys telling information by PMing. And leaving the rest of us in the dark. And that is not the definition of a community.

You know, what I said earlier, if this turns out and be really june, that Batzi just punched Kojima in the face? Scratch that, not only would he have done that.

But now, he, you who got the pm, dawg who also knows about this and everyone else who got those exclusive Batzi "informations" just punched everyone else from this community in the face. This isn't a community anymore. This is retarded.

1. I haven't recieved any PM as of yet
2. If I do receive a PM, it might contain information that doesn't need to be where everyone, including the press and non-members, can see it.
3. I hardly think anyone shares your offended posture
4. Why not ask if he's willing to share this info with you via PM?

What does it smell like?
Feet 😆

Ibuki

Banned
Good morning everyone. It looks like I missed new dawg emoticon, release date hype, and foot stuff.

Why do I need sleep? :(

4. Why not ask if he's willing to share this info with you via PM?

I will not do that, because I don't want to know something, you guys are not. And if he or someone would decide to PM this information on his own to me. The first thing I would do is posting it here. Because we are in a community thread after all. Read the OT. And I don't care if everyone can read this thread. Batzi should've then kept these "informations" to himself and the mods and not even telling Dawg.

Ibuki

Banned
Might want to avoid this place at the moment. I think there's something bad going on. I'm not too sure

I can't, the allure is too strong! To be serious, I don't expect insider info or PMs (unless foot pics). I can't wait to wake up one day and see the thread....

MGS V release date announced!

Bricky

Mum, dad, please stop fighting :(

IrcAMuI.png

MajorTom

I can't, the allure is too strong! To be serious, I don't expect insider info or PMs (unless foot pics). I can't wait to wake up one day and see the thread....

Same here, I think we all really want it.
We need it.

I hope I'm awake when it does, personally. I'll have too many pages to catch up on lol

i think batzi is genuine, but i think he exaggerates the validity of some of the information he receives. people in the industry may feed him what they've heard, and he reports it to us here. it's more industry here-say than internal konami information. that's speculation on my part, but he strikes me as neither the kind of the guy who would outright make shit up, nor the guy who has sources within konami who feed him facts about what's going on.

Skullface

I will not do that, because I don't want to know something, you guys are not. And if he or someone would decide to PM this information on his own to me. The first thing I would do is posting it here. Because we are in a community thread after all. Read the OT. And I don't care if everyone can read this thread. Batzi should've then kept these "informations" to himself and the mods and not even telling Dawg.

You're being unreasonable. Can't you see why it might not be a great idea to post everything out in the open? Why threaten to post this stuff for the world to see?

You're being unreasonable. Can't you see why it might not be a great idea to post everything out in the open? Why threaten to post this stuff for the world to see?

Let's say Batzi has sent you the informations already.

So, now tell me. What makes you so special that you may know it and everyone else not?

Are you jealous Cipher? And isn't it strange that someone named Cipher is giving us a problem btw? :eek:

Jealous? For what?

And I ain't the problem here. I actually try to keep this community alive, entertained, supported with everything I am able to.

The only person, who is giving any problems here at all. Is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom