• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Destination Playstation even happening ?

What advantages gives Japanese PSN games? Cheaper prices or some exclusive stuff?

BTW, how many PSN accounts you have? And what regions they are?

exclusive stuff

games like dragon quest and yakuza might never come over here so people buy it via their japanese account

MajorTom

Yeah people definitely need to quit posting so many nsfw images. It was funny at first but it getting out of hand. I would also like to suggest that we try to stay friendly. I'm still not entirely sure what happened last night but it definitely put a downer on the thread.
We are supposed to be a community of metal gear fans. And as a community we are supposed to look out for each other.

Obviously there is going to be the occasional disagreement. However, when that happens it does not need to escalate any further than a couple of replies. Perhaps a couple of PMs at most. We all have our own opinions and our own ways of doing things but that doesn't mean that the whole thread should got I shit.

You guys have meant a lot to me since OT2 started. I would hate to see any of you banned or to see our community shut down just because of a few nsfw images or an argument that gets out of hand.

We need Outer-GAF.
We need each other!

I would say we should just talk about Metal Gear, Rogue, but to be honest, most of us have a ton in common outside of MGS. Like, when the Persona trailer came out, or Final Fantasy gameplay released - whatever the case. (And now Revelations 2, I guess.) So, while it would be awesome if we just talked Metal Gear all the time, it's just really hard to right now with the lack of updates. Every time we get a chopper pic or a JunkerHQ detail, we discuss it, and then talk about whatever until the next bit of info arrives. That's how communities should work. That's what keeps this one going. But the NSFW links and fighting amongst ourselves is not going to make this place very fun to visit. How many new members have dropped by in the past few days alone and said "You guys make my day." or something to that extent. A few, at least. So, let's continue on being BROTHERS, discussing Metal Gear info when it arises and talk about thing that bring us all together, whether it be the games we play, sports, movies, whatever.

Off topic posts are necessary and encouraged.

I certainly think so! :lol

raymond.jpg
Lol. Such a great show.

I would say we should just talk about Metal Gear, Rogue, but to be honest, most of us have a ton in common outside of MGS. Like, when the Persona trailer came out, or Final Fantasy gameplay released - whatever the case. (And now Revelations 2, I guess.) So, while it would be awesome if we just talked Metal Gear all the time, it's just really hard to right now with the lack of updates. Every time we get a chopper pic or a JunkerHQ detail, we discuss it, and then talk about whatever until the next bit of info arrives. That's how communities should work. That's what keeps this one going. But the NSFW links and fighting amongst ourselves is not going to make this place very fun to visit. How many new members have dropped by in the past few days alone and said "You guys make my day." or something to that extent. A few, at least. So, let's continue on being BROTHERS, discussing Metal Gear info when it arises and talk about thing that bring us all together, whether it be the games we play, sports, movies, whatever.

I certainly think so! :lol

LD why are you casul

you never platinum order

Sponge, I see Jimmy answered your question. :-D

LD why are you casul

you never platinum order

:lol I'm still at the end - I got my new TV yesterday and can't stop looking at Ground Zeroes. Didn't realize what a huge difference 720p to 1080p would be, considering I've gone the other way when my old 1080p broke. ;_; This is amazing!

Chinner

Banned
vrqQTjv.jpg
\

i think snake and ssamus would make a good couple because snake fights 4 himself and ab etter future and samus has an underlying sense of right and wrong and rids the world of wrongness. i imagine they wud meet up on a mission as thy r both merncary soldier people and to uquote snake 'love would bloom on the battlefield'

That sucks :( Because I heard there is exclusive PS4 theme for Bloodborne preorder on Japanese PSN. All hopes lost.

Still, how you guys play games in Japanese?

Some games are hard to play because of the heavy story for example Yakuza. Games like bloodborne could technically be played even if you don't know Japanese.

I have a Japanese account to just to try out demos like Jojo , Bladestorm and yakuza 0

JayEH

:lol I'm still at the end - I got my new TV yesterday and can't stop looking at Ground Zeroes. Didn't realize what a huge difference 720p to 1080p would be, considering I've gone the other way when my old 1080p broke. ;_; This is amazing!

But you can't tell the difference unless it's 85 inches and sit 1 inch from your TV!

But you can't tell the difference unless it's 85 inches and sit 1 inch from your TV!

Reminds me of this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993752

Some games are hard to play because of the heavy story for example Yakuza. Games like bloodborne could technically be played even if you don't know Japanese.

I have a Japanese account to just to try out demos like Jojo , Bladestorm and yakuza 0

I guess I will make one just for Demos. But games that releases worldwide maybe still be multilanguage.
I sometimes use russian PSN account and games are in English if console language set English.
Btw, sometimes it is really profitably to buy games there. I bought Shadow of Mordor PREMIUM Edition on sale for like 30-35 Eur. While in Euro Store it is 50 Euro on sale and NA store 80+$ without sale. Earlier full price AAA games were about 35-40 Euro, but because of rouble downfall they raised prices almost twice!

I guess I will make one just for Demos. But games that releases worldwide maybe still be multilanguage.
I sometimes use russian PSN account and games are in English if console language set English.
Btw, sometimes it is really profitably to buy games there. I bought Shadow of Mordor PREMIUM Edition on sale for like 30-35 Eur. While in Euro Store it is 50 Euro on sale and NA store 80+$ without sale. Earlier full price AAA games were about 35-40 Euro, but because of rouble downfall they raised prices almost twice!

I have a US account just for buying stuff cheap

Shadow Warrior costs £30 on the UK store and i got it for $6 on the US store

SFV trailer? New one? Or the reveal + gameplay trailers? SFIV is one of da GOAT fighting games, so yeah, they don't need to sell me on V!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiss8gcqXoU

Kevin Nash reveal trailer

Bricky

Guys, it's fine, in Metal Gear you can be on a serious sneaking mission and all of a sudden encouter a poster of a half-naked lady in a locker without warning. We've been posting in the vein of the series all along.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Jokes aside, I agree the excessive posting of random NSFW crap should stop.

E: Almost done with my vid by the way, will post soon.

Rean

SFV trailer? New one? Or the reveal + gameplay trailers? SFIV is one of da GOAT fighting games, so yeah, they don't need to sell me on V!
The trailer that just came out today. It looks much better than the original reveal, and they have charlie gameplay and a bison reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom