• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually against the off-topic talk in a "Metal Gear Community" thread. I only post whenever I see someone talking about the story or if Kojima posted something interested and I had my own take on it. Otherwise, I don't bother. Don't kill this community thread by bringing in shitty hentai stories and pictures that aren't even funny to begin with and simply off topic. I miss the days when we used to speculate about story related subjects and when we tried to decipher messages and pictures here and there specially when TPP was first shown at the VGAs in 2012.

msy.gif

Agreed 110%!!!

Storm360

Just checking, I added my ID's into the document, but I've also left some notes like Message me on PSN or something first (I get alot of random requests, so unless there is a message attached I tend to ignore)

Is that fine? I can remove the stuff like that if not.

sexyelder

But Skull Face's face was caught on fire when he was young no? He used to work at a factory if I recall correctly and the incident happened then. Gene's face was not burned in MPO. And to be honest with you, I think Kojima is staying away from Portable Ops so I doubt he will refer to a character from that story.

Or maybe hell use a PO character to catch us off guard? Grey Fox was in PO, and it is partly canon. Skullface has gotta be a character weve seen before or else what's the point to alluding he's met big boss. Also skullface may be lying to the prisoner obviously, maybe a ruse so no one knows his true identity.

Just checking, I added my ID's into the document, but I've also left some notes like Message me on PSN or something first (I get alot of random requests, so unless there is a message attached I tend to ignore)

That is fine!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm actually against the off-topic talk in a "Metal Gear Community" thread. I only post whenever I see someone talking about the story or if Kojima posted something interested and I had my own take on it. Otherwise, I don't bother. Derailing from the main topic which is everything that is Metal Gear and Metal Gear only should result to a ban in my opinion.

It doesnt help when all we get these days are more and more chopper pictures :(

JayEH

that's fine.

Who was the poster that suggested that Rose is related to Kaz?
Now that would make me mad.
edit actually mad is the wrong word. That would the world of mgs less significant if that makes any sense.

Will add you ASAP, mate! :-D

Tried having a go at the extra ops in GZ, and after playing 4 and PW some more, I was terrible. All over the place, messing up simple things. In the end I just went guns blazing. Streamed it from my Xbox too so some people got to see me fail...alot.

Who's voice in metal gear series is your favourite?

Mine is Liquid Snake (Cam Clarke).

Brother! I like Ocelots too.

Salaadin

Hey man, I see you posting in the MonHun thread. I could use more huntan bros!

3DS Friend code 1719 3190 0716

Add me! I don't play the mp online a ton but maybe we can go kill stuff sometime.

If anyone else wants to add me too, feel free.

Did I see something about a document with all of our psn ids, friend codes, etc?

But Skull Face's face was caught on fire when he was young no? He used to work at a factory if I recall correctly and the incident happened then. Gene's face was not burned in MPO. And to be honest with you, I think Kojima is staying away from Portable Ops so I doubt he will refer to a character from that story.

Gene only CONVINCED everyone that his face wasn't burned. That man is very persuasive.

Rajang

I saw it. I am not really familiar with the 1984 novel that's why I didn't answer.

However, the idea of Skull Face working with Zero was the original assumption we had prior to GZ' ending. After GZ, things have changed. You have a lunatic who wants Big Boss and Zero dead for some reason we still don't know about. We know that these men met before, we just don't know what really happened and why SF wants revenge. But now you have Big Boss looking to avenge the fallen soldiers and to take back everything he has lost and most importantly make up for the years he spent unconscious. At this stage, the story is one big fucked up mess. You're looking at a bloody war that will end terribly wrong.

From the Nuclear song

Like I said earlier. I think Skull Face is acting like he wants to go after Zero. Like in the book 1984: O'Brien (Skull Face) wins over the trust of Winston (Big Boss) and tells him
that they have the same goals and that he is part of The Brotherhood (XOF), an organization that wants to take down The Party (The Patriots) and Big Brother (Zero). He then tells him that they all read this book which explains why things are the way they are. He gives this book to Winston, the moment he finishes the book his home gets invaded by the police and he gets thrown into jail and tortured. So you learn that O'Brien wasn't a rebel after all. The Brotherhood was just a way to lure out enemies or people who oppose The Party.

Yeah, you did an excellent job. Best photoshop skills I've eva seen tbh

Which one? I made about four way back when:
uNn2zL1.png
fQ2stBi.png
s9plrL6.png
crrfJHg.png

I'm actually taking stills of the previous gameplay demos/trailers so I plan to make some avatars out of those as well!

The last one. It looks so cute.

Palpable

Gene only CONVINCED everyone that his face wasn't burned. That man is very persuasive.

Gene: "What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to yourself? Your country, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit, or your personal feelings? Look at how much you've lost already! What kind of country deserves this much loyalty, Snake?

...btw my face isn't burnt lol"

MajorTom

Who's voice in metal gear series is your favourite?

Mine is Liquid Snake (Cam Clarke).

Don't hate me
David Hayter

I think Troy Baker sounds a lot like Liquid in Lego marvel super heroes. Not exactly the same but i reckon he could easily do a very convincing impression.

kmax

Welcome, BROTHER! Please ignore the last couple of pages. People are tripping the last couple of days. Awesome to have you! <3

sank yuu my friend. I'm finally home.

As for best voice actor, Cam Clarke is the MVP. Dude killed it along with Hayter in MGS 1 (Hell, everyone was good in that game).

3DS Friend code 1719 3190 0716

Add me! I don't play the mp online a ton but maybe we can go kill stuff sometime.
Cool, check your PMs!

Like I said earlier. I think Skull Face is acting like he wants to go after Zero. Like in the book 1984: O'Brien (Skull Face) wins over the trust of Winston (Big Boss) and tells him
that they have the same goals and that he is part of The Brotherhood(XOF), an organization that wants to take down The Party(The Patriots) and Big Brother(Zero). He then tells him that they all read this book which explains why things are the way they are. He gives this book to Winston, the moment he finishes the book his home gets invaded by the police and he gets thrown into jail and tortured. So you learn that O'Brien wasn't a rebel after all. The Broterhood was just a way to lure out enemies or people who oppose The Party.
1984 is probably my favorite book. I'll need to re-read it though to look for parallels. I'm afraid it's been....13 years.

Are we the same person Rajang?

Gene: "What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to yourself? Your country, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit, or your personal feelings? Look at how much you've lost already! What kind of country deserves this much loyalty, Snake?

...btw my face isn't burnt lol"

"Oh this? Acne scars. Please don't mention it, very embarrassing."

Very similar to The Boss' quote:

The Boss: "What about you, Jack? What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to me? Your country, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit, or your personal feelings? You don't know the truth yet. But sooner or later you'll have to choose."

So brothers, I've been thinking- TPP was announced (as Ground Zeroes) in August 2012.
Since then we've been wowed and excited by trailers, features, gameplay demos, chopper screenshots, chicken hats etc. but still no sign of a release date!
It's looking like it's going to be (at least) three years from announcement to release.
I know, Team V/V/201V for life!
I guess my question is; is three years too much? Feel free to talk about stuff like marketing & business reasons but I'm more talking about from a personal perspective. At what point does enthusiasm reach a plateau or even start to decline for you?
The reason I'm asking you guys is because I'm not really sure how I feel - I will buy this game no matter what when it comes out! I'm sure most of you will as well but I think if a story trailer was released I'd try to avoid watching it (and fail, miserably) to avoid spoiling the experience. I guess I echo OuterGAF general feelings here: just give us a release date!

Well, I just re-read this before posting and it's a meandering mess...posting anyway!

So brothers, I've been thinking- TPP was announced (as Ground Zeroes) in August 2012.
Since then we've been wowed and excited by trailers, features, gameplay demos, chopper screenshots, chicken hats etc. but still no sign of a release date!
It's looking like it's going to be (at least) three years from announcement to release.
I know, Team V/V/201V for life!
I guess my question is; is three years too much? Feel free to talk about stuff like marketing & business reasons but I'm more talking about from a personal perspective. At what point does enthusiasm reach a plateau or even start to decline for you?
The reason I'm asking you guys is because I'm not really sure how I feel - I will buy this game no matter what when it comes out! I'm sure most of you will as well but I think if a story trailer was released I'd try to avoid watching it (and fail, miserably) to avoid spoiling the experience. I guess I echo OuterGAF general feelings here: just give us a release date!

Well, I just re-read this before posting and it's a meandering mess...posting anyway!

I like hype, but it might have been a tad excessive. At least we had GZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom