• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Real Salt

team-real-salt-lake-soccer-club-142551_594_407.jpg

Mexen

Remember that Psycho Mantis was a part of Big Boss' army, as said at the beginning of MGS1. Something along the lines of FoxHound being comprised of former Outer Heaven soldiers. We can assume Mantis and, perhaps, some genome soldiers were being referred to? I need to watch that scene again.

Wait till Mantis tells you how many bullets you have left. :p Mantis appearance + real 4th Wall Breaking mind f*** is welcome. Crap, the hype bug has bitten me again.

Kojima for the love of god please give us info so we can actually debate and give theories. I'm quite dissapointed with that said.. What's up guys? * this is spooky voice

Rean

Kojima for the love of god please give us info so we can actually debate and give theories. I'm quite dissapointed with that said.. What's up guys? * this is spooky voice
Bruh I'm tried of waiting already.
I need that album to drop so we can get that grammy already

hitting a button for advice isn't codec. i want conversations, there was no conversations in PW or GZ.

Well maybe due to the psp hardware codec calls had to be relagated to tapes and For GZ you could argue Big Boss was being debriefed when he made his intro kept you waiting huh ? I do hope they return for TPP and multiple character codecs. I love Kaz but it would be cool to have huey and ocelot every once in awhile.

hitting a button for advice isn't codec. i want conversations, there was no conversations in PW or GZ.

The PW tapes were a somewhat reasonable replacement for character back story type conversations.
The contextual "what the hell are you doing in the ladies bathroom" type calls will be sorely missed, though.

sexyelder

I heard Kaz and Ocelot bicker a lot over codec in TPP, Kojima said that so it must be true. The VA their recording right now is for the codec calls I think.

JayEH

The casette tapes are closer to what we think of as the codec than the actual "new codec" is.

The PW tapes were a somewhat reasonable replacement for character back story type conversations.
The contextual "what the hell are you doing in the ladies bathroom" type calls will be sorely missed, though.

Ok fair enough. Though one of the strengths of the codec was that it was contextual.

I heard Kaz and Ocelot bicker a lot over codec in TPP, Kojima said that so it must be true. The VA their recording right now is for the codec calls I think.

Didn't know this. Could be cool.

Hmm... that actually makes me believe MORE that it was Rising 2. Feels like a cover-up.

There was no reason to tease that of all things in such a Kojima trolling way.

Neither PW or GZ were "full" games though. If I had to bet, I'd say traditional codec calls will make a return.
although i understand your point, that's some mental gymnastics :p
It's not a conventional MGS, but it's a full game.

EDIT: reading it again, now i'm not sure you're serious or not...

Batzi

Banned
I saw something earlier from Batzi where he thinks Psycho Mantis helps Big Boss to escape the hospital.

I disagree because the Man on Fire is from Mantis and he's clearly evil.

Mantis tries to kill Boss, he's also responsible for the ambulance car crash, then Ocelot comes and helps Boss to escape.

Well I forgot to elaborate. I discussed this back in 2012.

I believe I mentioned Mantis is guiding Big Boss out of the hospital or to safety meaning out of harm's way right? He's doing that through Ishmael and using his telekinetic powers.

Big Boss wants to take the elevator but Mantis blocks it and blocks that hallway along with it. My theory is that Mantis is blocking the roads that lead to Big Boss getting captured rather those that are safe to cross. So every time something blocks Big Boss' way because of Mantis interference I take it that's Mantis telling him to choose a different path. In short, Mantis is keeping him away from the XOF soldiers.

You can also see it as a negative thing if you want. I chose to believe that Mantis wants Big Boss' safety. And let's be honest here, Big Boss is weak and can't defend himself, so I can't see him escaping Mantis in any shape or form. And if Mantis is the enemy here, how do you explain Ishmael? We've established that Ishmael is not real already, unless you believe he is then in that case you need to explain yourself buddy. Shit that's a flashback to 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom