• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

New Vally pic.

B-r9DHCUYAAkBWr.jpg:large

<3

Skullface

Dread. ;)

I dunno. Going back to an older job is interesting. Especially if you go back to the same people you worked with. It's like going back home.

Anywho, off to work and lurk. Woot.

The business owner is my best friend's father. The only other employee is the last kid I hired when I was a manager lol. We get along.

Dawg

I thought you had one?

And also, if I understood your situation right, then a job is the last thing you need. It would just make things worse.

True.

And, yes, I had a job. One year ago, I worked at a chemical plant which earned me twice as much as the average pay in my country. But money isn't everything, I found that out quick enough.

Late 2014, I passed all my exams for a government job but early this year I got a letter saying they accepted too many people... and that was it. They said my exam scores would last for 2 year so they're technically bound to accept me in the next two years, but who the fuck knows when that is? Could be tomorrow. Could be 2016.

And truth be told, while I was happy to pass all the exams, part of me wanted to fail the jury because I have so much going on :(

Pinewood

True.

And, yes, I had a job. One year ago, I worked at a chemical plant which earned me twice as much as the average pay in my country. But money isn't everything, I found that out quick enough.

Late 2014, I passed all my exams for a government job but early this year I got a letter saying they accepted too many people... and that was it. They said my exam scores would last for 2 year so they're technically bound to accept me in the next two years, but who the fuck knows when that is? Could be tomorrow. Could be 2016.

And truth be told, while I was happy to pass all the exams, part of me wanted to fail the jury because I have so much going on :(

Thats the train station guide thing you were excited about right? I understood that you got pretty good results, so you'll probably get in with the next wave I think.

Dawg

Thats the train station guide thing you were excited about right? I understood that you got pretty good results, so you'll probably get in with the next wave I think.

Yes, that's it! I've always enjoyed the atmosphere in train stations. Kind of weird to explain. I like to help out people. Seems like something I would enjoy doing.

True.

I actually meant you being journalist for 4gamers.be

And if you wanted to fail, why do you want a job now?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Not even one improvement...? That's a little disingenuous, I think. Off the top of my head: the inventory is clearer, the character creation is far better, NG+ and beyond is actually worthwhile now as it changes things up, hand to hand combat is vastly improved, the net code is more stable, and there are areas in DS2 that are way better designed than bloody Lost Izalith :)

Are you guys playing the no kill route, or do you guys don't give a shit?

If the game gives me the option to, I'll always complete it without killing anyone first. Hell, I'll try not to even tranq or CQC if I can help it. Ghost runs are always the most fun. They're so tense!

Jay you are on my shit list

Ride to hell is better than peace walker m8

5185538208_681fe0e626_b.jpg

Dawg

I actually meant you being journalist for 4gamers.be

And if you wanted to fail, why do you want a job now?

Oh, I don't get money for working at 4Gamers. That's probably why I tend to forget I shouldn't make threads about the site :p I don't consider myself a full employee. But I guess I'm still biased. Which is justified criticism, of course.

The answer to your second question... I think I'm a coward. I'm afraid to accept my flaws. Well, I *do* accept them. I take 100mg serlain each day, just so I can live without feeling like shit 24/7. You can't just fix yourself with meds, but it's crazy how much they have changed me.

But I have trouble accepting the fact that it's not just myself who is broken. My situation is broken. The people I live with are broken. My entire life is broken. You can't just fix that with giving me meds so I feel less shitty. I need a life-changing solution. But I guess I'm afraid to do what's necessary, so I keep living between the two. Between a normal life and a flawed life. I've told you in PM what I want to do, like yourself. But I guess I'm afraid of taking that step? Not many people IRL know what I'm going through. When I take that step though, everyone will know. Everything will change.

So, in a way, I'm living a lie. I'm waiting to be accepted for the government job. But what will happen then? With how things are, I might not be able to concentrate on my work.

Dawg

I'd like to let you guys know my chances of posting the OT are still up in the air.

Out of respect for the moderator in question, I won't give any further details because I don't like to disclose specific things people tell me in PM :p

MajorTom

Dawg, just remember that no matter how bad things seem they will always get better. This way if thinking has helped me through some incredibly hard times
well, hard for a teenager
Sometimes things will get worse before they get better but eventually you will come out on top.

sexyelder

I'd like to let you guys know my chances of posting the OT are still up in the air.

Out of respect for the moderator in question, I won't give any further details because I don't like to disclose specific things people tell me in PM :p
I know its MGS V related but what would it be exactly?

Pinewood

This about OCD? I know tou mentioned it somewhere (i have lurked neogaf for sometime)

I can have some OCD-like tendencies at certain times, so I can only imagine how hard it must be to deal with it on a daily basis. And by that I dont mean "hurr durr I have to have my pictures straight, Im OCD", I mean times where I go back to my front door 3-4 times to check the lock or times where I keep washing my hands over and over again because they dont feel clean.

sexyelder

This about OCD? I know tou mentioned it somewhere (i have lurked neogaf for sometime)

I can have some OCD-like tendencies at certain times, so I can only imagine how hard it must be to deal with it on a daily basis. And by that I dont mean "hurr durr I have to have my pictures straight, Im OCD", I mean times where I go back to my front door 3-4 times to check the lock or times where I keep washing my hands over and over again because they dont feel clean.

I have that too.. sometimes I get really self conscious about what I post on this thread..

Oh, I don't get money for working at 4Gamers. That's probably why I tend to forget I shouldn't make threads about the site :p I don't consider myself a full employee. But I guess I'm still biased. Which is justified criticism, of course.

The answer to your second question... I think I'm a coward. I'm afraid to accept my flaws. Well, I *do* accept them. I take 100mg serlain each day, just so I can live without feeling like shit 24/7. You can't just fix yourself with meds, but it's crazy how much they have changed me.

But I have trouble accepting the fact that it's not just myself who is broken. My situation is broken. The people I live with are broken. My entire life is broken. You can't just fix that with giving me meds so I feel less shitty. I need a life-changing solution. But I guess I'm afraid to do what's necessary, so I keep living between the two. Between a normal life and a flawed life. I've told you in PM what I want to do, like yourself. But I guess I'm afraid of taking that step? Not many people IRL know what I'm going through. When I take that step though, everyone will know. Everything will change.

So, in a way, I'm living a lie. I'm waiting to be accepted for the government job. But what will happen then? With how things are, I might not be able to concentrate on my work.

You know your problems but you are afraid of taking them on. That's not unusal. People are afraid of the unknown. Even though they hate their current situation they won't do shit to change that because there is still a possibility that things could get even worse.

I guess I can count myself lucky because I'm afraid of nothing. I don't give a shit, if things might get worse. I want to change my current situation and I am going to do anything that's necessary.

Let me give you one advice though.
Never let anyone tell you what you have to do or what you should do. I speak with experience here, because I fell more than enough of stupid advices. Then after all it is you who knows best what's good for yourself. Other people can't help you, because they are not you. Take a piece of mind and think about everything, then decide what you REALLY want and not what you temporarily want.

Jobs are a funny one,

Partially luck, partially skill. You've got to sell yourself, which I hate doing.

There was a time when I done full time work (8am-5pm) for 6 months for 0 pay, but it always works out in the end.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DAT METAL GEAR PIC!

That arm looks like an upgade, can we grab people or dig with it? hhhnnnggg

Can someone please ask JunkerHQ on twitter for a good translation of Kojima's recent tweets?

sexyelder

Heres a rough translation of Kojima's latest tweet:

"MGSV" is not a linear and free infiltrate it with the open world. Map not only vast, also transport means sneak route also intelligence approach and time equipment also is left to the user. Do not do not compensate for the spontaneous freedom in terms of the combined makes sense. Are you doing now is not interfere with the freedom, you have to clear the was externalization problem.

Dawg

Hey Dawg, can you give us a little tease on the OT :D

dogcodec14buks.png

dogcodec2ddujt.png

These are just template examples. Don't assume I'll use these in the OT. I just wanted to add codecs to the OP or whatever. I have a lot of templates and .psd files but I wasn't gonna start "full production" on the OP until I had the release date. When I start working on something, I like to have most resources available so I don't want to make it and then find out Kojima has shown new info/trailer/whatever.

These are just template examples. Don't assume I'll use these in the OT. I just wanted to add codecs to the OP or whatever. I have a lot of templates and .psd files but I wasn't gonna start "full production" on the OP until I had the release date. When I start working on something, I like to have most resources available so I don't want to make it and then find out Kojima has shown new info/trailer/whatever.

Is there a hidden meaning for you to link a video with the worst audio quality possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom