• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

https://twitter.com/PythonSelkan/status/572162521991393280

Our Biggest Analysis yet is finally nearing completion! Release Date TBA in the coming days! Are you ready? #100mins+

B_C6x_MW0AAk7K2.jpg:large

Akiller

That still looks delicious.

image.php

https://twitter.com/PythonSelkan/status/572162521991393280

Our Biggest Analysis yet is finally nearing completion! Release Date TBA in the coming days! Are you ready? #100mins+

B_C6x_MW0AAk7K2.jpg:large

CC gets banned and the analysis video is almost ready. CC had 4 alts so if he will come back, he'll come back with the 5th one.
The 5th one.
Vth
He'll come back as the Vth one. V has come to, V is coming guys.

cd5c08e69c.png

Vally

CC gets banned and the analysis video is almost ready. CC had 4 alts so if he will come back, he'll come back with the 5th one.
The 5th one.
Vth
He'll come back as the Vth one. V has come to, V is coming guys.

And that picture says "Cypher" on the bottom right corner.

COINCIDENCE?

Pretty sure that Eva is Meryl. It sounds too alike.

I wonder if kojima ever considered or would consider making a game about the boss and the cobra unit in world war 2.

Farewell C.C. Thanks for all that you have done for this community. Wish you good luck and hope you will have better life.

bigbosssalute.gif

Ok. I was just playing RE2 recently and I thought they sounded similar.

BTW . What did Cipher Cat do that finally got him banned? Did they find out he had 10 accounts?

Vally

Just like LD? Why?

He has some problems he needs to take care of

I am going to a therapeutical dorm in less than 4 weeks. This will help me to fix my life. I have some serious problems with really everything. With who I am, with the people I met, with the people I am related to. And some other fucked up shit, with which I spare all of you about knowing. I have 3 goals in there.
1st goal is to get enough strength to do something I want more than anything else in life.
2nd goal is to get an additional point of view of something I don't wanna explain in here.
3rd goal is to cut off every remaining bond with every person I have met or I am related to.

It's the 3rd goal why I want to leave now. I noticed some people like me here. And that's what I want to prevent. If the people in here would know me completely, probably no one would even think about liking me. I have no real friends. I have no friends at all. There are certain reasons for that. Some of these reasons are my fault, others not. But in the end I don't want any friends. Even though I go soon to this therapeutical dorm. My life will go down, there's no happy end for me. And I don't wanna draw anyone down with me. I don't want anyone in here to like me. I stayed in this thread and OT1 because that's the place where I always went, even with my previous account. The only place where I could be -just a little bit- myself. But I need to let it go now.

Rean

Pretty sure that Eva is Meryl. It sounds too alike.

I wonder if kojima ever considered or would consider making a game about the boss and the cobra unit in world war 2.
Eva is actually voiced by Suzetta Miñet and Meryl is voiced by Debi Mae West.

Here's an excerpt from the Metal Gear wiki about it.

There is very little known about her. Because she was also absent from Comic-Con nearing Peace Walker's release, many believed that Suzetta Miñet is an alias for an actress, which was later confirmed by David Hayter. Some believed that she was actually Debi Mae West. She, however, denied this in an interview with Ryan Payton during the 56th session of The Kojima Productions Report.

Debi Mae West voices Tsunade in Naruto though.

Tsunade_Naruto.jpg

Rean

Since I was looking up some of the Metal Gear voice actors I decided to check out what else David Hayter's been in. Some of his other notable roles are..

Captain America (Spider-Man Animated Series)

captain-americas-tv-history-20110719065840579.jpg

Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)

giphy.gif

The Winter Solider (Marvel Heroes)

d3651e2a32a606ddf25a51ebdf99b8c5.jpg

He will also be in The Long Dark as an unspecified role at the moment.
And snake in TPP.

TheBoss1

Since I was looking up some of the Metal Gear voice actors I decided to check out what else David Hayter's been in. Some of his other notable roles are..

Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)

giphy.gif

Must have been the movie since that voice sounds nothing like Hayter.

Rean

Must have been the movie since that voice sounds nothing like Hayter.
Oh yea you're right. Its weird that they changed the voice for the movie though. His VA in the show is John Burgmeier.

Suzetta is a fake name. Just like all the fake names in mgs1.

There is no real Suzetta money and no one has ever come forward as her actress.

She sounds so much like Meryl though.
That's kind of wild that no one ever came forward. Her voice is really memorable to me.

Eva is actually voiced by Suzetta Miñet and Meryl is voiced by Debi Mae West.

Here's an excerpt from the Metal Gear wiki about it.

There is very little known about her. Because she was also absent from Comic-Con nearing Peace Walker's release, many believed that Suzetta Miñet is an alias for an actress, which was later confirmed by David Hayter. Some believed that she was actually Debi Mae West. She, however, denied this in an interview with Ryan Payton during the 56th session of The Kojima Productions Report.

Debi Mae West voices Tsunade in Naruto though.

Tsunade_Naruto.jpg

Suzetta is a fake name. Just like all the fake names in mgs1.

There is no real Suzetta money and no one has ever come forward as her actress.

She sounds so much like Meryl though.

I simply recognized her voice. I've known this since the game came out.

Know that one Geico commercial where the pig is on the plane and the flight attendant says something like "I'll believe that when pigs fly" - she was the flight attendant.

She's the one loading the bag up top at the beginning.

I knew about spongebob back then as well. Still kind of distracting. Maybe that's why I'm not as high on the boss as most. Her voice is just too saturday morning cartoon for me

MattyG

Banned
Finally finished the last bit of the Tanker chapter. Goddamn, that took forever for some reason. I kept making stupid mistakes. Got another bandana out of it though, so that's good. I think I'm at 85-90 dogtags. The Plant chapter though... that's gonna be a toughie for dogtags. I think I have like 1 or 2.

Thread Dead Redemption.
beltre082412.gif

JayEH

Finally finished the last bit of the Tanker chapter. Goddamn, that took forever for some reason. I kept making stupid mistakes. Got another bandana out of it though, so that's good. I think I'm at 85-90 dogtags. The Plant chapter though... that's gonna be a toughie for dogtags. I think I have like 1 or 2.

beltre082412.gif

Nice, you're doing a brave dead good sir.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Should I play Metal Gear Portable Ops or just watch the story on youtube?

Dragging troops is so slow.. and PSP controls...

Eh, I guess you could just watch it. I haven't played PO in a LONG ass time and Peace Walker perfects and improves on almost all the elements introduced in PO. However, I did prefer the story of PO more than PW mainly because it didn't involve the use of logic defying AI's existing in the 1970's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom