• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

Do it. No harm in trying. My sister watches me play MGS sometimes and enjoys it.

Do it
Just fuck her

That sounds awesome.

My gf is some what the same. She is not big on games but she played some games like The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon and The Walking Dead and watched my playthrough of The Last of Us (which she loved). And she actually played through left behind. She likes watching me play MGS but she is not that interested in the story, she thinks its too convoluted.

I dont have a girlfriend and spend most of my nights crying myself to sleep c: but if I were you I'd just play through 3, PO, and PW + GZ to get her caught up on the story that matters.

Well, try to show it to her, but just don't force anything on her. If she doesn't like it, you have to accept it. If she does enjoy it though and watches you finish all the games, and asks you "what if Chico is Quiet", you better put a ring on it.

But, don't force it on her.

Thanks guys! I'll suggest it to her. I'm interested to see what she'd think about certain parts of the series and how she'd react as I've always enjoyed reading/watching the reactions of people playing through the games for the first time.

My girlfriend is playing The Twin Snakes at the moment, ignoring the FPS aiming, and she's loving it.

She absolutely sucks at stealth, doesn't plan her moves ahead, doesn't pay attention to the radar, has no patience to wait for enemy patrols, but she manages. And she loves the crazy anime dialogue laced with serious anti-war message, finds the plot intriguing and the game atmospheric.

I remember about a year ago, I convinced her to try playing MGS1 one evening. It took her three minutes to get out of the water at the beginning, and then when she crawled under the pipe and went out into the open, she almost had a full panic attack when the guards started getting closer.

Then she got spotted and was killed in a hail of bullets while she mashed the controller in a total panic. After that, she handed me the controller and said 'yeah, you can do it instead' lol

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I remember about a year ago, I convinced her to try playing MGS1 one evening. It took her three minutes to get out of the water at the beginning, and then when she crawled under the pipe and went out into the open, she almost had a full panic attack when the guards started getting closer.

Then she got spotted and was killed in a hail of bullets while she mashed the controller in a total panic. After that, she handed me the controller and said 'yeah, you can do it instead' lol

Yeah. My girl is a huge Zelda fangirl and she plays MGS like a dungeon crawler, and gets super tense when the controls prove too cumbersome to get away. There's nothing worse than watching someone start punching the air in a corner hoping to put the guard in a chokehold, then proceed to get stuck in the underwater entrance for 45 minutes.

Rajang

Yeah. My girl is a huge Zelda fangirl and she plays MGS like a dungeon crawler, and gets super tense when the controls prove too cumbersome to get away. There's nothing worse than watching someone start punching the air in a corner hoping to put the guard in a chokehold, then proceed to get stuck in the underwater entrance for 45 minutes.

Hahahaha.

Rean

Brrrrrrooooooooooother.
tumblr_mszx0g8GsQ1r1oesuo1_500.gif

That's what I plan on doing. We have 2 PS4s so going digital between both account is Boss :D
I wish the retail version came with a digital code. I've just gotten so used to having everything on the HDD although I do have a few physical games. I might just get the digital to actually play while still getting the physical CE just to have.

Hahaha!
Those banned fuckers! Can't even post here!

LD - casul scrub
Jimmypigeon - drake fapper
S4nic911 - loli toy collector
Batzi - deceitful foot fucker
Dawg - carrier of fleas
hammersomething - pig lover frog perv

<3 u guys

Hello and bye Cypher - Anzu lover!
(Oh shit, I forgot. What was the third thing to get in Cipher's shitlist? Call him Cypher, call his waifu Anzu and ...?)

Jimmy asked me to post this:
Drake sucks. Uncharted just another linear shooter. Even Order has better gameplay. From now on I am fan of Raikov.

And LD asked you guys to sign petition:
"From Software and Namco Bandai please include easy mode for Souls games, because not everyone is a pro"

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What the hell is the point of requesting a ban if you're just gonna surrogate-post?

It's an endless series of proxy posts, sent by attention whores and machines...

Palpable

I think he came in here to say what's going on, then left... never to return.

Oh and I'm pretty sure bish is well aware that I'm the biggest MGS fan in here. :3

MajorTom

Cipher, if you are lurking then pay attention to this post.
DO NOT CREATE ANYMORE ACCOUNTS
I don't want this place to be shut down just because you're bored, that wouldn't be fair. I appreciate that you are bored but please just find something else to do. If you were that bothered about using gaf then you shouldn't have shut down your account in the first place.

LowParry

I think he came in here to say what's going on, then left... never to return.

Oh and I'm pretty sure bish is well aware that I'm the biggest MGS fan in here. :3

My observations suggest this title gets people banned or if the ego gets too large, then self bans come.

Cipher, if you are lurking then pay attention to this post.
DO NOT CREATE ANYMORE ACCOUNTS
I don't want this place to be shut down just because you're bored, that wouldn't be fair. I appreciate that you are bored but please just find something else to do. If you were that bothered about using gaf then you shouldn't have shut down your account in the first place.

Naw. This thread isn't going anywhere. You just get cut from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom