• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

More like DOTY
smug.gif

POTY.

Skullface

LOL!

How does one determine that?

I guess that's my point. If you really enjoy the story and know it inside and out, I guess you're a bigger fan than someone that only passively enjoyed a game or two in the series. Beyond that, I don't think there's really a way to prove one can enjoy the story more than the other. You could argue that willingness to spend money is proof of some kind, but I don't see that as anything more than an expressive gesture. In other words, if two people feel just as passionate about something, they get on top of a mountain to proclaim their passion, does the person who yells louder feel more strongly about that subject?

My crackpot theory for mgs5 is that big boss is dead. He died in the attack on mother base and this new protagonist is being trained to be in his image for use by the patriots. When he discovers that he is a tool of the patriots he loses it and becomes the villain of the first two metal gear games.

This of course doesn't reconcile mgs4's ending, but I kind of hate that bb shows up out of nowhere and that ending sucks.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Lol I know you're joking and all, but I really hope there aren't people that judge their fandom based on owning physical crap over how much they enjoyed the story.

Yeah that's shit. Same with people that can't fathom criticizing the series, because everything Kojima does is genius.

But, seriously, if you don't own a mint copy of MGS1 (The original release, not that green Greatest Hits bullshit!) then get the fuck out, you lame ass poser.

Skullface

Yeah that's shit. Same with people that can't fathom criticizing the series, because everything Kojima does is genius.

But, seriously, if you don't own a mint copy of MGS1 (The original release, not that green Greatest Hits bullshit!) then get the fuck out, you lame ass poser.

What, like all the anime bullshit people pretend doesn't exist in the series?

If you don't own an unopened copy of MGS1 from each and every region, you are the worst kind of poser bitch.

Wouldn't it make as much sense if you had a really beat up copy?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

My fucking copy always has disc 1 willing to pop out without me grabbing it from the cd holder thing. I used it as a kid so much. The jewel case has a crack on it too.

My original copy of MGS1 was stolen from me by a friend when I was young.

It was one of the only games I had for my PSone at the time when all the cool kids and rich kids had PS2's and Xbox and GameCubes.

I managed to get the disks back, but I had to settle with a crappy jewel case and a greatest hits manual. Actually, I'm not even sure these are my original disks.

SMH, fuck my life. Meh, water under the bridge now.

Mgs 4 is such a fucking great game. Its so shitty that after act 2 you basically don't get to play or explore the mechanics at all anymore.

Its a real shame that they never did a vr missions style game or substance version of mgs4 with just loads more of what was in acts 1 and 2. Would have been great.

Mgs 4 is such a fucking great game. Its so shitty that after act 2 you basically don't get to play or explore the mechanics at all anymore.

Its a real shame that they never did a vr missions style game or substance version of mgs4 with just loads more of what was in acts 1 and 2. Would have been great.
I like some of the stealth in act 4 but I agree, the first two acts are the best parts of the game.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Thanks for the chuckle. ^^

Whenever people ask me about MGS4 I just let out a long sigh as I stare off longingly into the distance...

MGS2 for lyfe

it's explaining how the save file transfer system will work.

I am hoping this time around we are able to play whatever music we want in the chopper. GZ for next gen didn't have that feature which is a shame but now with both OS's receiving many updates, I'm hoping it will have that feature for TPP. I mean just imagine all of us charging at S4nic's motherbase with this playing or better yet, this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom