• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that PythonSelkan's latest analysis was utter shit? The only reason it was so long was because the text points that take 15 seconds to read stay on screen for 45 seconds to a minute. Plus, we won't be playing as Grey Fox.
I still dunno who this guy is. Should I just keep it that way?

HAI

Tizoc

tumblr_mpvdmc16Um1rjie25o1_500.gif

Mhmmm....

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
There's some pretty amazing tech out there. Kojima doesn't mind anachronisms, sooooo... Guess we'll find out in September :^}

Edit: I hope there's not some big to do about hand maintenance. That'd really annoy me.

I saw a TED talk about a guy who came up with prosthetic limbs full of actuators and non invasive sensors that mimicked the basic motor propulsion that our muscles give us for natural movement. Nothing on the same level as playing a fiddle with a bionic hand, of course, but enough to render stiff peg legs obsolete.

Skullface

I saw a TED talk about a guy who came up with prosthetic limbs full of actuators and non invasive sensors that mimicked the basic motor propulsion that our muscles give us for natural movement. Nothing on the same level as playing a fiddle with a bionic hand, of course, but enough to render stiff peg legs obsolete.

I've seen videos on tech similar to what you've just described. Amazing stuff.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I've seen videos on tech similar to what you've just described. Amazing stuff.

Makes me theorize how they would, if ever, mimic sensory capabilities on a cybernetic limb. I keep thinking with some kind of capacitive sensing flexible surface technology like the ones in touch screens that send feedback to a micro implant in your brain to be interpreted as touch.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You don't want to go raiding bases for the sole purpose of finding hand parts? I wonder if that shock ability is limited. I've never been a very big fan of maintenance or even hunger management in games. I'm not so stuck on the idea that every game needs to be steeped in realism.

I heard Kojima put toilets in the game so Big Boss could take a dump. If you don't keep an eye on his shitometer he can prolapse mid firefight.

Chinner

Banned
Awesome.

But why do you have two downvotes?

Did Dawg downvote you again? :>

dawg and hammertoe have a vendetta against me. hammertoe is angry because he has a bad username and dawg is angry because my videos are more popular than his website

I still dunno who this guy is. Should I just keep it that way?

HAI

The most recent analysis is worth a watch. They make some cool observations regardless of whether you think the body double theory is nonsense or not.

The mirror therapy segment was very interesting.

Vally

Anyone think that PythonSelkan's latest analysis was utter shit? The only reason it was so long was because the text points that take 15 seconds to read stay on screen for 45 seconds to a minute. Plus, we won't be playing as Grey Fox.

Edit: just noticed Jimmy was back. Behave now.

I think it was better than their other videos, they make some interesting points in this one and I liked the part about phantom pain therapy. The problem is that half of the time I don't know what point they're trying to make, they just list coincidence after coincidence without coming to a clear conclusion other than Gray Fox = Big Boss.

And I agree, the video could have been cut down to 1 hour easily

Shy

Edit: just noticed Jimmy was back. Behave now.
i think their vids sre fucking shit in general.

Skullface

I think it was better than their other videos, they make some interesting points in this one and I liked the part about phantom pain therapy. The problem is that half of the time I don't know what point they're trying to make, they just list coincidence after coincidence without coming to a clear conclusion other than Gray Fox = Big Boss.

Y'know what? I've got to give you the mirror therapy thing. They're on to something with that, but it's not Fox.

CUT DOWN to an hour?! Yeah, I'll pass.

Chinner

Banned
Going to do a bit of a Dawg/self promote here (lol :( ) but just managed to get a sub 4 min run without any alerts on the main Ground Zeroes mission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBtfI7FhWc

Nice job. Are you playing on normal or hard?

Hard mode.

It's actually a pretty scrubby run, probably lost out on 10 seconds due to me missing shots consistently, and I accidentally kill the guy in the watch tower. Still, it's my first run that's sub 4 minutes without reflex and without triggering an alert. So it means something!

also, another mgs gaffer banned? lulz.

Hard mode.

It's actually a pretty scrubby run, probably lost out on 10 seconds due to me missing shots consistently, and I accidentally kill the guy in the watch tower. Still, it's my first run that's sub 4 minutes without reflex and without triggering an alert. So it means something!

also, another mgs gaffer banned? lulz.

Awesome run, Chinner. I didn't know the guards would just stand there after a hold up and not telling them to get down. Don't they try to fight back sometimes?

Also, can't you just quit the game then load it back up to knock off the 'retries'? I suppose if score doesn't matter though then that's irrelevant.

Shy

this is an old run of mine, origanlly it was a video that i made because i couldn't figure out we my stats weren't updating. but i know why now.
i thought i would post it for you guys to watch.

Chinner

Banned
this is an old run of mine, origanlly it was a video that i made because i couldn't figure out we my stats weren't updating. but i know why now.
i thought i would post it for you guys to watch.
Nice run, respectable effort! I'm sure you could cut it down by a few mins with a few finishing touches.

Rajang

Hard mode.

Still very mpressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom