• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

disx1k9.jpg

More info.

Konami has clarified the Ground Zeroes-->Phantom Pain data transfer process:

- If your copy of Ground Zeroes isn't digital, you need to still have the disc for this process. The online account also has to be the same.

- For doing this you get: the Sneaking Suit that Snake wears in Ground Zeroes, and Mother Base staff.

- If you have saved specific characters you get those in Mother Base as well.*

- It doesn't say anything about the completion needing to be 100%.

- This is separate from the "cool thing" Kojima said you get if you've completed Ground Zeroes.

- Though whether he meant completed the Ground Zeroes mission or gotten 100% is unclear.

Source: JunkerHQ

* I'm hoping those will include Kojima, Glaz and Palitz.

Vally

I'm really curious about that 'cool thing' Kojima is teasing

I hope he doesn't mean 100% completion, I'm trying to do all the trials but I've given up on neutralizing all the enemies in the Intel Operative mission ;_;

Rajang

I'm really curious about that 'cool thing' Kojima is teasing

I hope he doesn't mean 100% completion, I'm trying to do all the trials but I've given up on neutralizing all the enemies in the Intel Operative mission ;_;

You don't need to do that trial. You need to do the first trial of every mission except for Save the Intel Operative.

What percentage are you at right now?

Vally

You don't need to do that trial. You need to do the first trial of every mission except for Save the Intel Operative.

What percentage are you at right now?

Ah thanks, I thought you had to do all the trials. Will try to do the others then... I'm at 87% now

Rajang

Ah thanks, I thought you had to do all the trials. Will try to do the others then... I'm at 87% now

I remember doing that trial over and over again as well, because I was stuck at 98% or 99%. I was getting so frustrated.

I then realised all I had to do was get the Gray Fox skin in the Deja Vu mission.

I remember doing that trial over and over again as well, because I was stuck at 98% or 99%. I was getting so frustrated.

I then realised all I had to do was get the Gray Fox skin in the Deja Vu mission.

O_O I don't think I even realized there was a Gray Fox skin! I haven't played GZ in about a month, I think I might just back in tonight.

Waaaait, what? I had the game for like 8 months and i never knew there was a Gray Fox skin. Welp time to revisit camp Omega.

OldLogos

Banned

Snake juicin' here got me thinking.

The games haven't been too shy about drug use.

Sniper Wolf and Raiden popping benzos for their aim, OldSnake injecting those sweet, sweet nano suppressors, Big Boss with the phantom cheeba cheeba ya'll.

Drugs on the battlefield are nothing new.

The Blitzkrieg was fueled by meth, plenty of soldiers come back from Vietnam addicted to heroin, and there's reports of suicide bombers taking cognitive disassociates like PCP before blowing themselves up.

What if we're able to R&D different drugs with various benefits and detriments?

Shoot up some meth in the chopper for increased speed and reflex mode but lose the ability to tag.
Take some morphine for increased health but slower movement and less reflex mode.
Drop acid and become David Bowie.

Thoughts?

Skullface

Sniper Wolf and Raiden popping benzos for their aim, OldSnake injecting those sweet, sweet nano suppressors, Big Boss with the phantom cheeba cheeba ya'll.

The Blitzkrieg was fueled by meth, plenty of soldiers come back from Vietnam addicted to heroin, and there's reports of suicide bombers taking cognitive disassociates like PCP before blowing themselves up.

Shoot up some meth in the chopper for increased speed and reflex mode but lose the ability to tag.
Take some morphine for increased health but slower movement and less reflex mode.

Thoughts?

Could be pretty cool. Like some of the drugs in Fallout.

RK9039

Thoughts?

That's a really cool idea. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see things like that, MB has both a medical staff and a R&D unit.

OldLogos

Banned
Could be pretty cool. Like some of the drugs in Fallout.

"Snake, opiates have been used as pain medication for a long time - the Persians began using it as far back as 1500 B.C. - but be careful.
Chemical dependencies can develop faster than..."

You've become addicted to Opiates...

"Kaz... I'm already an addict"

Skullface

"Snake, opiates have been used as pain medication for a long time - the Persians began using it as far back as 1500 B.C. - but be careful.
Chemical dependencies can develop faster than..."

You've become addicted to Opiates...

"Kaz... I'm already an addict"

Kek

Chinner

Banned
I suspect the drug thing is probably just visuals. Maybe Boss has to charge up his arm, or maybe he has to take some type of drugs to stop his body rejecting the roboarm.

Skullface

I suspect the drug thing is probably just visuals. Maybe Boss has to charge up his arm, or maybe he has to take some type of drugs to stop his body rejecting the roboarm.

Your body doesn't reject prosthetics. Assuming it isn't surgically implanted in your body, which I have reason to believe that it isn't. Maybe some precursor to white blood that was used with Raiden?

Chinner

Banned
Your body doesn't reject prosthetics. Assuming it isn't surgically implanted in your body, which I have reason to believe that it isn't. Maybe some precursor to white blood that was used with Raiden?
It was assuming it was surgically implanted. Obviously prosthetics are not part of your body so they wouldn't be rejected.

Could be a precursor white blood. Whoo knows!

I assumed it must be surgically implanted if it's wired into his nerves and such. Otherwise it'd just be a motionless hand, right?

Skullface

I assumed it must be surgically implanted if it's wired into his nerves and such. Otherwise it'd just be a motionless hand, right?

There's some pretty amazing tech out there. Kojima doesn't mind anachronisms, sooooo... Guess we'll find out in September :^}

Edit: I hope there's not some big to do about hand maintenance. That'd really annoy me.

There's some pretty amazing tech out there. Kojima doesn't mind anachronisms, sooooo... Guess we'll find out in September :^}

Edit: I hope there's not some big to do about hand maintenance. That'd really annoy me.

You don't want to go raiding bases for the sole purpose of finding hand parts? I wonder if that shock ability is limited. I've never been a very big fan of maintenance or even hunger management in games. I'm not so stuck on the idea that every game needs to be steeped in realism.

Skullface

You don't want to go raiding bases for the sole purpose of finding hand parts? I wonder if that shock ability is limited. I've never been a very big fan of maintenance or even hunger management in games. I'm not so stuck on the idea that every game needs to be steeped in realism.

I wouldn't mind raiding bases for parts so long as it's for the sole purpos of upgrades and not maintenence. I'm with you on maintenence, hunger and all. It was bearable in MGS3, but it didn't tickle me fiddles.

I wouldn't mind raiding bases for parts so long as it's for the sole purpos of upgrades and not maintenence. I'm with you on maintenence, hunger and all. It was bearable in MGS3, but it didn't tickle me fiddles.

Upgrades would be fine, but to me it would feel like a strange distraction from the self serious mission. I'm sure in practice it wouldn't be as bad as in theory, lots of games have that same problem. Universe is ending, by Commander Shepard needs to host a party.

As we all know, fiddles are very ticklish.

Rajang

Konami let me know on Twitter that the CE will be available in the Netherlands; this week via Bol, coming week via Gamemania.

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

Skullface

Anyone think that PythonSelkan's latest analysis was utter shit? The only reason it was so long was because the text points that take 15 seconds to read stay on screen for 45 seconds to a minute. Plus, we won't be playing as Grey Fox.

Edit: just noticed Jimmy was back. Behave now.

Anyone think that PythonSelkan's latest analysis was utter shit? The only reason it was so long was because the text points that take 15 seconds to read stay on screen for 45 seconds to a minute. Plus, we won't be playing as Grey Fox.

Edit: just noticed Jimmy was back. Behave now.

yep exactly how I felt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom