• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Made by Dawg

B_kjOUVU0AA5L2D.png

Beautiful!

JayEH

I take it people have been watching drk's +50 hour solo marathon?

http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted

The save vs. kill Meryl donation war raised almost $900 this time around. It was fucking INSANE.

I think he also scored several hundred dollars from the The End donation war.

I've watched the end part of Ground Zeroes. Everytime they do this I tell myself I'll watch a good chunk but I never get around to doing so.

Rean

The save vs. kill Meryl donation war raised almost $900 this time around. It was fucking INSANE.

I didn't know he was doing it solo he usually does it with at least one other guy.
I've watched the end part of Ground Zeroes. Everytime they do this I tell myself I'll watch a good chunk but I never get around to doing so.
I always miss Ground Zeroes. I usually catch them playing PO or the PW tapes.

SamuraiX-

I didn't know he was doing it solo he usually does it with at least one other guy.

Apparently his record was a 60 hour stream back in the day when he had like no viewers and no mic.

The last time he tried this he made it to 38 hours... passed out during the last MGS2 cutscene before the Solidus boss fight. haha

I always miss Ground Zeroes. I usually catch them playing PO or the PW tapes.

Apparently they've decided to officially remove Portable Ops from their chronological Metal Gear saga marathon streams based on Kojima's recent comments regarding which Metal Gear titles he believes constitute the current Metal Gear saga. They said they'll still stream it on occasion but expect to see it a lot less from this point forward (which is completely fine with me)!

Rean

Apparently his record was a 60 hour stream back in the day when he had like no viewers and no mic.

The last time he tried this he made it to 38 hours... passed out during the last MGS2 cutscene before the Solidus boss fight. haha
I'm not surprised. I saw him pass out during MGS4 a while ago too.

SJRB

Gold Member
DRK is a beast, I can't believe how often he just casually streams for 24 hours. This marathon is crazy though.

Mexen

I had a weird TPP dream. Game started with me controlling Gray Fox at a facility called XoF Jaeger (I heard two guards say it was Gray Fox backwards or something).

It got weirder, the Fox I controlled, though clad in a cybernetic ninja suit prototype, was wielding projectile-based weaponary and was highly proficient at it.

Anyway, after clearing that area (some stealth was incorporated towards the end), I paused the game and the screen was as we see the iDroid screen.

There was something called "Outer Heaven Act 0/3" and next to it 3 stars out of 5 were lit up. I then realised (you know how dreams are) that this was a new game+ that unlocks certain characters and stages/challenges.

I then "remembered" how 5 starring the last Outer Heaven act was tough because Solid Snake was just impossible to scratch.

Did I mention all this was via Morpheus and an M16 type controller?

It's gonna be a good day.

dc89

You've know the release date for quite some time. Yes, yes, I know you'd like to know how long.
I'm afraid it's been...9 days.

Mexen

Now that we actually have the release date, where is the madness going to come from?

Replaying through the numbered titles and posting hard-to-accomplish feats here. Also, scrutinising tiny bits of the games and coming up with even more absurd theories.

Vally

I had a weird TPP dream. Game started with me controlling Gray Fox at a facility called XoF Jaeger (I heard two guards say it was Gray Fox backwards or something).

It got weirder, the Fox I controlled, though clad in a cybernetic ninja suit prototype, was wielding projectile-based weaponary and was highly proficient at it.

Anyway, after clearing that area (some stealth was incorporated towards the end), I paused the game and the screen was as we see the iDroid screen.

There was something called "Outer Heaven Act 0/3" and next to it 3 stars out of 5 were lit up. I then realised (you know how dreams are) that this was a new game+ that unlocks certain characters and stages/challenges.

I then "remembered" how 5 starring the last Outer Heaven act was tough because Solid Snake was just impossible to scratch.

Did I mention all this was via Morpheus and an M16 type controller?

It's gonna be a good day.

That's a cool dream

Certainly better than mine, I've just woken up and I was dreaming something about MGS-GAF turning into potato-GAF for some reason, and we were asking in other threads trying to recruit more potato lovers into our community

I don't know why the fuck I dream these things, must be the pills or something

Mexen

That's a cool dream

Certainly better than mine, I've just woken up and I was dreaming something about MGS-GAF turning into potato-GAF for some reason, and we were asking in other threads trying to recruit more potato lovers into our community

Lmao. I once dreamt you guys doxxed me and made a thread about my ex. It was brutal ( ._.)

Skullface

The 1:1 arm looks cool, but all I can think about is creaky, crappy, plastic.

Awwwwww yeah.

Emo May Cry need not apply.

Dude. I saw a video from Emo May Cry where Dante proclaims that he's got a bigger dick than Virgil. Damn shame. I was considering buying the definitive version since they have the OG Dante skin, but that video really rubbed me the wrong way.

Lernaean

Banned
That's a cool dream

I love it Vally. I say let's make a potato GAF community for the fun of it :)

Godan

Yeah I watch this all the time such a good channel.

When I was watching yesterday I think someone from konami was in the chat for like an hour and then konami's twitter even tweeted about him doing the run.

The only channel on twitch that I would think about subbing too.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 4 got delayed! Naughty Dog realised they can't get GOTY this year ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

So now MGSV is retroactively GAF's no. 1 anticipated game of the year :p Never thought Uncharted 4 was gonna make 2015 anyway. Hopefully Zelda will make it though.

Mindwipe

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm very LTTP on Ground Zeroes.

On the Mother Base game on the companion mobile app I'm not allowed to build any more struts. What is the criteria for when you can do this? Is there just a soft cap for the entire game I've hit? Does it go up by level and I'll unlock some eventually? Is there some other opaque mechanism?

Skullface

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm very LTTP on Ground Zeroes.

On the Mother Base game on the companion mobile app I'm not allowed to build any more struts. What is the criteria for when you can do this? Is there just a soft cap for the entire game I've hit? Does it go up by level and I'll unlock some eventually? Is there some other opaque mechanism?

You need GMP by winning battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom