• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling for backup doesn't make the game easier.
Seriously? How do you work that out?

So let's put the MGS2 system into GZ and a soldier sees you:-

Why can't you just knock them out? If they are close enough, you have time to knock them out. This is not a locked off camera and a FPS mode that roots you to the ground. And what if you can't see the enemy? How do you chase after someone if you can't see them? They will set off the alert regardless.

"In MGS2 and MGS3...". GZ isn't MGS2 or 3. That's why it wouldn't work. The system was designed for enemies with short range vision. GZ doesn't have that. The enemy can come from any direction and spot you before you know where they are. So if they are too far away, what can the player do? They can't attack the enemy, first they need to know where they are, second they need to reach them or third they need to hit a moving target running away (if they haven't already and are hidden).

So what you end up with is an enemy that is easily dispatched at close range and an enemy that is too far away and/or in the wrong direction.

The solution is to show the player where the enemy is and give them the time to deal with that enemy.
And calling for backup would not be a mess in GZ. In fact, an enemy radio system already exists in the game where enemies communicate, ask each other to check out disturbances, and even call for backup when someone doesn't appropriately check in. They just don't seem to need it for alerts for some reason.
Those occasions don't break the game.
No it is not. there is a massive difference between trying to shoot a radio in a guards hand in real-time as opposed to a matrix-style bullet time.

And by your logic, you're able to go through MGS2 easily shooting all the radios out, i'd like to see that.
I said nothing about shooting out radios.

On the related subject of instant alerts. They shout out "Contact!" as they should, alerting nearby enemies. I see nothing wrong with that. The fact that the whole base is alerted is illogical, but completely irrelevant unless those soldiers move at the speed of light and you just don't move. The people in ears shot of "Contact!" are the ones you want to be worried about, not those who will arrive after you're long gone...if the alert isn't already long gone. And even if they did, it's still not the spawning-enemies-through-the-nearest-door level of cheating in MGS2.

Reflex Mode was implemented after Kojima realized the game was too hard, the game wasn't built around it.

Rajang

I didn't see this posted earlier and if it was already I apologize but there is an artbook that will be going on sale for western release that is separate and different from the one in the Japanese CE.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=18598

Yeessssss.

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

brau

Is Hayter actually doing anything big atm?

I feel like he is always busy with work... but i never really know in what.

Is Hayter actually doing anything big atm?

I feel like he is always busy with work... but i never really know in what.

Looks like he's doing The Long Dark right now, a television mini series called World War III as a writer, imdb claims he is writing and directing Marvel's Black Widow... but that can't be true, right?

Edit: Appears he was attached to a project in early 2000's that got dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom