• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was one of my most played games last year. I have never been more excited for a game than I am right now for TPP and this was the perfect sampler. Everything seems to be on point with MGSV: gameplay, graphics, story. September can't come soon enough!

I'm right there with you, when I first saw GZ and finally played it my mind was blown, and all the TPP trailers are now even more mindblowing when you think about all the demonstrations too.

This game is going to be an incredible, potentially genre defining stealth masterpiece. I know I always choke on stream but when played without reflex it is just MGS on steroids and probably the best and most dynamic entry in the series yet. GZ shows the potential, teh coding left behind from when it was either being developed alongside TPP or within TPP itself, it's clear that there will be a lot of new mechanics in TPP and I am sure a radio like esque system like the other games will return along with calling off Investigations/alerts and all kinds of other stuff.

I mean the potential and what they hint at, I just can't wait to play whatever MGSV:TPP ends up being, because it's been too long and this feels way better than PW which I hated. The concept PW and PO had with Motherbase was interesting but I look forward to seeing it fully realized in TPP.

Six months is a long fucking wait.

Banzai

[...] and I am sure a radio like esque system like the other games will return along with calling off Investigations/alerts and all kinds of other stuff.

Here's hoping. Although TPP gameplay presentations don't exactly inspire confidence in that part.

Apart from that, yes GZ was quite amazing albeit short. I still got like 10 hours of playtime out of it so I'm not complaining.

Vally

EjSMcVG.gif

Ryan_MSF

I hate the prospect of longing for something over the summer :/

This is my feeling exactly, I love summer but knowing that we've got metal gear coming in September is going to make it feel like the longest thing ever, especially when you look at the severe lack of decent titles coming out over those months ):

OldLogos

Banned
I cooked up a crazy theory this morning and wanted to see if anyone had heard this before.

So these guys:
"Those who don't exist" from the Red Band trailer. Nothing's known about them, other than they might be an elite group of soldiers akin to the FROGs or maybe they're bosses. Who knows?

Me.

They look like their features aren't fully formed and they also sport some tech that could be cybernetics. IMO they kind of look like full grown fetuses.

Who's the only person in this timeframe who's messing around with cybernetics? Dr. Clark, who is also leading Les Enfants Terribles. So, now, who are these guys again? Recall the...

Solid and Liquid were originally octuplets, and and they intentionally aborted 6 of the fetuses "to promote strong fetal growth." Dr. Clark, though, cooking up some crazy stuff in her head, didn't want to flush the fetal clones of the world's greatest soldier down the toilet.

No, she tried to save them. These little premie babies were her original cybernetic experiment (you don't go from nothing to Grey Fox's exoskeleton, right?) whom she saved and Cipher controls.

Thoughts? Ban if stolen.

^ I've read similar theories to that in the past, you never know.

I wonder if those guys can become a 'buddy' who work as a team of 4.

At TGS Kojima pointed out something about there being 4 seats in the chopper, I'm not sure you'd be able to mix and match as one of his recent tweets mentioned swapping DD for Quiet.

OldLogos

Banned
I wonder if those guys can become a 'buddy' who work as a team of 4.

My baseless hope is that they'll act as an overarching boss that hunts you down. Any mission, anytime, anywhere they can show up and wreck your day - especially if you've been zoning out from chiefing too much phantom cigar.

Sort of like The End fight, but across the entire game world.

Well that too, but recruiting enemies will be a big thing in the game so why not bosses too? Portable Ops did it. PW even did it if you count vehicles and mech parts.

I wholeheartedly agree. What Kojima said about Quiet really points to that, right? Didn't he say that she's a boss that can become a buddy?

FTFY

I'm not sure if he said it explicitly but her being optional and coming to MB as a captive makes it sound like she could be. I'm not sure how Ocelot's 'she saved the Boss' line will fit in, maybe she was a witness to something sensitive and then Miller gives you a mission to kill her, which you disobey by capturing her? (similar to Glaz&Palitz) I think that would explain how the scene plays out.

sexyelder

FALL OF OUTER-GAF: Part 2

"Kept you Rajang huh?" Elder said with his calming sexualized voice. "Elder we're changing your codename to Gay Fox" the radio said "WAAAA!?" Elder gasped. "It'll make sense in the story later, trust me *smugface*" the radio said. "But wh-" "JUST FUCKING GO WITH IT!" the radio interrupted Gay Fox. "We need to rescue LD so her tapes dont get out.. if they do the whole world will be out to shut us down." Radio said. "Oh btw my codename is Radio" Radio said. "Kk m8" Gay Fox responded.

Gay Fox then heroically leaped behind a rock when a spotlight nearly spotted him. He then got against the fence because why would the spotlight check there right? *smugface* "Gay Fox, your binoculars come with a directional microphone, TRY IT OUT :D" Radio said. Gay Fox then pointed it at two soldiers going at it by the fence entrance. "Best you quit now my PP is too big 4 u, TEE HEE! C:" One soldier said. ";_;" Gay Fox.

Gay Fox then through a magazine he ripped out of his asshole and threw it at the gate. He did this until he got the attention of the soldier who was taking it in the bum. "Hey now STAHP I heard a subtle noise despite the heavy rain." The soldier said. He then got up and unlocked the gate. Then Gay Fox ran up and CQCd the shit out of him. "The shipment of lubricants are here Tom!" The other soldier said. Gay Fox then shot him with a tranq. The soldier feel asleep in the middle of the road. Then a jeep came up, it stopped in front of the downed soldier, the driver got out. He then checked the downed soldier when suddenly Gay Fox appeared behind him and yelled "HAMMER TAEM!" And proceeded to bash the soldiers skull in.

"Careful Gay Fox if you stay out there too long you'll get all wet and get Hypo-thermia <3 I dont want a Big Boss like yourself to get sick :3. Ill have to take care of you and who knows what could happen <3 you'd be all slippery I may slip on you. Mmmmh I want you you wet dirty boy <3" Radio said. " o.o Erm what?" Gay Fox said. Radio did not respond. Gay Fox then made his way to the prison area. When he arrived he saw many prisoners locked in cages, they where all men. Gay Fox then looked down at one prisoner who was naked. His legs where spread by chains and a spilled carton of milk layed next to him. His dog tags said CC. "Damnit I was to late for this one" Gay Fox said. But then began to realize it looked self induced due to the smile on CCs face and decided to stop thinking about it. Gay Fox then found Rean. "HEEEEEEEEEAAAY REAN :3" Gay Fox said.

Gay Fox then began to tease Rean with a light. "LOL get rekt" Gay Fox said as Rean murmered and shielded his eyes. Gay Fox then opened the cell door." I iz here to save you" Gay Fox said. Gay Fox then noticed the Ground Zeroes box on the ground with a green outline "oh cool you got Ground Zer-FOR XBOX ONE!?"Gay Fox said as he proceeded to strangle Rean. "Gay Fox hows the target?" Radio said. "Hes dead.." Gay Fox responded. "What!? What the hell happened!? Radio yelled. " i got to him too late.. its so tragic" Gay Fox said as he threw Rean into the ocean. But as Rean fell into the ocean a tape fell out of his pocket and landed at Gay Foxes feet. Gay Fox then began to listen to the tape. "GAY FOX NO!" Radio yelled but it was too late. "*heres to you* ;_; *rest forever* violent sex noises*" "Gay Fox are you ok?" Radio asked " That was... incredible! I want to find more!" Gay Fox explained. " Really, erm thats kinda fucked up?" Radio said. "What I like is my business m8." Gay Fox said. "It didnt sound like LD though?" Radio said " Really I wouldn't know, do you know who it sounds like then?" Gay Fox asked. " I cant believe im saying this but. . I think its Jennifer Lawrence!" Radio yelled. " WAAAAAA Jennifer! ! Im coming baby!!" Gay Fox said. Gay Fox then tore across the base to where Jennifer was being kept with no fucks being give.

"JENNIFER!!" Gay Fox yelled as he discovered Jennifer strung up in a cell with an orange light strangely shining down. "ELDER!" Jeniffer yelled . Jeniffer knew Elder because they where in the Hunger Games together back in Vietnam. "I dont have much time left Elder! Take me!" Jennifer yelled with lust and desire. Gay Fox/Elder then began to remove his swag cap exposing his long black juicy thick horn. "Put it inside of me, I want to screw me like you did back when we were soldiers!" Jennifer boasted. As they began to aggressively penetrate Gay Fox then began to realize Jeniffers legs where hairy, he liked this but he knew Jennifer shaved. He stopped and shouted "Who are you!!?" "You dont remember? " the figure questioned "... Father?.." Gay Fox asked. " Yes it - wait what no?.. I AM PHSYCO MANTIS! " Phsyco Mantis said. "Wait THE Phsyco Mantis? Not like Gay Mantis or Phsyco Faggot? Gay Fox asked. "Erm no, why??" Mantis asked. "Its nothing" Gay Fox responded.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Eww, you're a Brit? Apology not accepted! Lol, no apology was due bro dude. If I read that and interpreted a different tone then I may have had a chuckle.

I'm just mad because I have crap teeth.

I take pride in the fact that our exchange didn't come down to insults and overt displays of aggression. Neither of us got banned so we must have been doing something right.

Absolutely. I'd hope it'd never get to that stage. My problem is I tend to drop in humour unexpectedly and text doesn't convey that very well. I think I come across much better in person. :)

Rean

Soon.
Brothers! I finally have a new phone. I can use gaf whilst out and about again :D
I was wondering where you were.
Yeah I think I'm done here for a while. lol
a1e.png

Fan fiction is as old as time itself.
"All fan fics are dreamt - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible"

Uncharted quote :p

SamuraiX-

I cooked up a crazy theory this morning and wanted to see if anyone had heard this before.

So these guys:
"Those who don't exist" from the Red Band trailer. Nothing's known about them, other than they might be an elite group of soldiers akin to the FROGs or maybe they're bosses. Who knows?

Me.

They look like their features aren't fully formed and they also sport some tech that could be cybernetics. IMO they kind of look like full grown fetuses.

Who's the only person in this timeframe who's messing around with cybernetics? Dr. Clark, who is also leading Les Enfants Terribles. So, now, who are these guys again? Recall the...

Solid and Liquid were originally octuplets, and and they intentionally aborted 6 of the fetuses "to promote strong fetal growth." Dr. Clark, though, cooking up some crazy stuff in her head, didn't want to flush the fetal clones of the world's greatest soldier down the toilet.

No, she tried to save them. These little premie babies were her original cybernetic experiment (you don't go from nothing to Grey Fox's exoskeleton, right?) whom she saved and Cipher controls.

Thoughts? Ban if stolen.

A cool little theory. It's also worth noting that the one guy who runs at the camera has an "02" embedded into his forehead, so that kinda feeds into it as well. I like the idea that they could show up at any random time during your missions too.

The only problem I have with it is that assuming Eli is indeed Liquid, the remaining fetuses would have to be around his age if they weren't fully aborted right? These figures in the trailer look to be fully grown adults though.

OldLogos

Banned
A cool little theory. It's also worth noting that the one guy who runs at the camera has an "02" embedded into his forehead, so that kinda feeds into it as well. I like the idea that they could show up at any random time during your missions too.

The only problem I have with it is that assuming Eli is indeed Liquid, the remaining fetuses would have to be around his age if they weren't fully aborted right? These figures in the trailer look to be fully grown adults though.

Yeah that's the one problem with this theory there isn't really a good explanation for other than possibly a more aggressive advanced aging technique or, you know, nunomusheens.

Part of me loves the fact that a lot of the game's characters and story hasn't been over shared in trailers, but another part of me is slowly going insane trying to figure things out (most likely incorrectly).

SamuraiX-

They will. His name is Gray Fox.

Nothing would make me happier than for Kojima to completely ignore Portable Ops's bastardization of Gray Fox and give us a true characterization in TPP. 1984 could easily work as the time period when Big Boss found Fox and Naomi in Mozambique during the civil war that lasted throughout the 80s. We already know we're visiting Africa in TPP. Wouldn't surprise me if it was South Africa, which borders Mozambique, since Big Boss later establishes Outer Heaven there.

Also, we should be meeting Kyle Schneider sometime in TPP. He was the original architect who helped design and build Outer Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom