• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I dont know much about the situation. Who owns the rights to MGS? Do they follow Kojima when he leaves or does Konami keep them?

Why would Kojimas name be removed from things? He factually created/worked on this game. That's like retroactively removing George Lucas' name from Star Wars. It just doesnt make sense to me. Sure dont put his name on future projects, but why remove it from things he's already in?

I see talk of Silent Hills...so that's something Konami owns that will probably no longer have his involvement? Does that mean the game is dead, or that it will just continue without him?

Could Kojima be ditching Konami to start his own studio, or shack up with another publisher? (like Bungie) Or could he still be on the payroll making future games, just as an independent contractor?

It seems like something bad is happening. Could Konami be overriding Kojima on MGS5 decisions? Is he losing control of the development? Or is this all a big overreaction and Kojima will still be at Konami, just continually hired on a per-contract basis instead of heading a sub-studio?

Im just confused. I hear all this doom and gloom and talks of leaving but I got no solid facts.

brau

Sorry I dont know much about the situation. Who owns the rights to MGS? Do they follow Kojima when he leaves or does Konami keep them? .

Konami owns anything made and published by them. Even if it was proudced by Kojima productions. As far as who leaves thats up to them. I would see maybe some polar decisions, viewing some of the work conditions some of these people are made work under. But if they believe in him and his work, he might just take a good piece of the team. Unless its under a non compete contract.

Why would Kojimas name be removed from things? He factually created/worked on this game. That's like retroactively removing George Lucas' name from Star Wars. It just doesnt make sense to me. Sure dont put his name on future projects, but why remove it from things he's already in?

This seems to just be a power struggle. Konami wants to make sure it is viewed as Konami, and not a Kojima game. Seems kind of childish to me. But i have no other clues to indicate otherwise.

I see talk of Silent Hills...so that's something Konami owns that will probably no longer have his involvement? Does that mean the game is dead, or that it will just continue without him?

Him being the force and direction behind the game indicated something different. With him out of the project i dont' think we can expect the same quality or direction that PT had. I am really sad to see this go... but i can't be excited for the project if it doesn't involve the same people behind it.

Could Kojima be ditching Konami to start his own studio, or shack up with another publisher? (like Bungie) Or could he still be on the payroll making future games, just as an independent contractor?

I am sure he will do his own thing. I guess its an exciting time for him, to be able to work on whatever he wants next.

It seems like something bad is happening. Could Konami be overriding Kojima on MGS5 decisions? Is he losing control of the development?

Im just confused. I hear all this doom and gloom and talks of leaving but I got no solid facts.

Whatever it is... i expect we'll see an official press release. But it does suck that Kojima and team are censored right now. That is not cool, and it might be a backlash to Konami on the long run.

SOMEONE HOLD ME

tumblr_mctkh5FaHw1rw2cxto1_400.gif

YomommaZ

I follow Kojima!

I'll be playing MGSV with tears in my eyes cuz I know it'll be the last MG game by Kojima and the last one that I buy.

Every MGSV OT better have the "A Hideo Kojima Game" line...

Wait so if Konami is being a little bitch about giving credit where it's due and is taking Kojima's name off of his own game, does this mean they will force edits into the game itself also?

We all know how much Kojima likes to credit himself. I started up MGS3 again last night and actually laughed out loud when he credited himself as game director three times on the same screen, followed up by another game director credit a couple screens later.

I want MGS5 as Kojima intended it, with his name on Snake's underwear and all.

Hard to believe one person behind a project could change the expectations of a game.

I have lost faith on Silent Hills. I wonder how much development he had before this decision was made.

I don't doubt he was instrumental in getting Del Toro involved, but aside from that it's hard to see how Kojima could have been working on the game at the time, I think it must be well into development under someone else's direction or it wouldn't have been announced 7 months ago.

Auctopus

Assuming this isn't a hoax, the fact that they removed his name from the games/boxes is awful.

That's his life's work, man and you're disregarding it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
This is it.
Damn it.
Metal Gear Solid V will truly be the last Metal Gear.
Metal Gear Rising 2 will probably never happen.
We'll never get Kojima-helmed MG1 and 2 remakes.
Fuck.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Only reason I'm still buying your stupid game Konami.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel the controller... the anticipation... in my fingers. The Director I've lost... the sequels I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make Konami give back our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom