• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
LOL

VuqWzin.jpg

That would be considered normal movement.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
so, the OT title was prophetic about how Konami handles themselves.

Salaadin

This is not what I expected when I logged into GAF today.

Its sad but I'm oddly excited at the same time. I will always love metal gear but I think I'm a bigger fan of Hideo Kojima. I'll follow him into hell.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
yeah at least MGSV is still a 100% KojiPro affair, so we'll have a proper sendoff to the series.

It's not about that, the thing that gets me worked up is that MGSV is not a Kojima Productions game anymore, it's a Konami game.

All their hard work over 5 years, creating a brand new engine and then they don't even get mentioned. So fucking disrespectful.

Erasing Kojima's name of all past games and press releases and marketing stuff is a really aggressive move to get rid of someone who created this legendary series and basically feed their mouths.

Kojima and his Metal Gear series is what made Konami relevant in this industry, without KojiPro they would be NOTHING. And this is how they thank him for that? unfuckingbelievable.

It's not about that, the thing that gets me worked up is that MGSV is not a Kojima Productions game anymore, it's a Konami game.

All their hard work over 5 years, creating a brand new engine and then they don't even get mentioned. So fucking disrespectful.

Erasing Kojima's name of all past games and press releases and marketing stuff is a really aggressive move to get rid of someone who created this legendary series and basically feed their mouths.

Kojima and his Metal Gear series is what made Konami relevant in this industry, without KojiPro they would be NOTHING. And this is how they thank him for that? unfuckingbelievable.

I wonder if they'll remove his name from the credits.

I wonder if they'll remove his name from the credits.

I doubt it. Kojima would have legal grounds to sue if they did that for sure. Konami can do whatever they want with the marketing/box art/press releases, but if they don't credit him in the actual game then they are treading on some mighty thin ice.

JayEH

the better question is if the game will open with A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME like in GZ. Also I guess Kojima won't have his signature 50 times mentioned in the credits :(

Rajang

Well said man.

I'm disgusted by Konami.

This is not how you treat one of the legends in the gaming industry.

SJRB

Gold Member
lNaoj6h.jpg

GO FUCK YOURSELF KONAMI.

Them removing the "A Hideo Kojima Game" is one of the most outrageous things ever, it makes me physically angry.

kmax

Today is the day our franchise officially died.

After V, there will be no more Kojima trolling and MGS teasing.

Stay strong, comrades. We shall overcome.

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom