• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Can someone pimp my avatar with a ahideokojimagame pls? I would like it on the top so that it doesn't cover the box.

B7UKM0O.gif

40x3pQC.png

With love and kisses from Love Deterrence.

edit: ninja'd

strafer

Do you remember love
Love from a tormented heart
Not fleeting, as with music at night
But an eternal love
Now tainted
Now tainted
Go now and reclaim it
Go now and love

Recall the times
when you were happy.
Recall the times
when you laughed.

Life is wonderful
Do you have faith in it?
Turn your face to life,
To eternal joy.

What happened to those days?
What happened to those nights?
Do you remember
How you turned to grief? Do you remember
How you turned to sorrow?
Is the blame mine or ours?

Our feelings grew faint
What caused our grief and fighting?
Can there be beauty in life?
If you seek it out.
Can there be happiness in life?
Let's seek it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Do you remember love
Love from a tormented heart
Not fleeting, as with music at night
But an eternal love
Now tainted
Now tainted
Go now and reclaim it
Go now and love

Recall the times
when you were happy.
Recall the times
when you laughed.

Life is wonderful
Do you have faith in it?
Turn your face to life,
To eternal joy.

What happened to those days?
What happened to those nights?
Do you remember
How you turned to grief? Do you remember
How you turned to sorrow?
Is the blame mine or ours?

Our feelings grew faint
What caused our grief and fighting?
Can there be beauty in life?
If you seek it out.
Can there be happiness in life?
Let's seek it.

Don't worry m8..
The best is yet to come ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

Zambatoh

I just don't get it. Konami is acting like Sega Japan did when Sega America was doing their thing in the 90s. Look how that turned out.

And like many others here, I've also altered my avy. Now I can't help but wonder what a Kojima directed Monster Girl Quest would be like. Or better yet, a KojiPro x Platinum collaboration in the vein of Rising. That would be pretty fucking god-like.

This is awful, I'm legit worried out mgsv now. I really hope development isn't compromised. I've always wanted Kojima to branch off anyway without Konami holding back his visions for games, but I wish this could have happened a year from now when they aren't crunching on a huge open world AAA title

Rajang

It's not too late for Konami to revert this shit. I really hope they come back to their senses and give Kojima a proper sendoff.

Bricky

Has anything like this happened before in the industry?

Depends on what exactly you are asking that question about. Big names in the industry leaving their company/franchise? Sure. Ken Levine leaving Irrational/Bioshock last year to give a somewhat recent and noteworthy example.

Rajang

Depends on what exactly you are asking that question about. Big names in the industry leaving their company/franchise? Sure. Ken Levine leaving Irrational/Bioshock last year to give a somewhat recent and noteworthy example.

I'm talking about Kojima being marginalized.

It's his life's work and his name (and his teams name) is being removed everywhere.

I'm talking about Kojima being marginalized.

It's his life's work and his name (and his teams name) is being removed everywhere.

There aren't very many other people in the game industry who get their names on the box/prominantly displayed in marketing. There's Sid Meier...and Tom Clancy doesn't really count. I can't think of anyone else in this exact situation. Kojima has a fairly unique position in the game industry as an 'auteur'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom