• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
aYOoca8.png

Thanks man, changed it.

Fuck Konami.

kmax

The bitter truth is that there is no Metal Gear without Kojima.

Whatever's up next, Konami will royally fuck it up. That's what they do.

Lernaean

Banned
Thinking about it, the remaining staff at Konami are perfectly capable of making a MGS game.
Metal Gear Soccer: Tactical Football Masturbations.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is so fucked, Konami is already actively looking for new staff for future Metal Gear games.

Fuck them, seriously.

Lernaean

Banned
We pull in money, recruits, just to combat Konami. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt. All for revenge.

#TeamKojima
#AHIDEOKOJIMAGAME

YomommaZ

Lol they are looking for people with creative ideas and good communication skills aka the skill to shut the fuck up and listen.

Standing...

Lernaean

Banned
They're not getting a cent from me either, and since yesterday i wish i was strong willed enough to boycott them now, but i can't afford to miss Kojima's last masterpiece.

strafer

Look, the next game could be the greatest game ever, but to me that's not enough. It would still miss the Kojima-ness. The font we're familiar with. The laughs.

nope, this is the end.

didnt think it would happen but it did

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Look, the next game could be the greatest game ever, but to me that's not enough. It would still miss the Kojima-ness. The font we're familiar with. The laughs.

nope, this is the end.

The next Metal Gear game will be worse than Snake's Revenge :smugface:

kmax

nope, this is the end.

Don't worry, this is Konami we're talking about.

They'll drive the franchise right down to the ground. It won't even touch Kojima's work.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, Konami could play it very smart and down-right dirty by releasing a current gen 1:1 remaster of MGS. Imagine our faces.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Oh my god... I just thought: what if they get David Hayter to produce the next MGS?!

This is probably one of the saddest ways a series could end(well, it's not exactly ending, but yeah). Really feels like it's something done out of spite.

Rajang

Official English translated press release by Konami Japan:

The latest title in the METAL GEAR series, "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN" (below, "MGSV: TPP"), will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2. Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.

In addition, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following "MGSV: TPP." We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop a new "METAL GEAR" title.

We will be conducting auditions for main staff to lead the development.

Source: Konami

Full press release is in the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom