• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

My coworker controls the Twitter account. I control other channels, like Facebook.
Hey Tora!
today is my birthday and i woke up to this news, MGSV is going to be the last cent konami gets from me

also could someone add the Hideo tag on my avatar, my photo editing skills are horrible
36854204.jpg

Well, looks like i've found My twin.
436.jpg

Imagine all the hype if Konami would announce that they make preparations for next Metal Gear, but without that removal of Kojima and KojiPro.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LOL

when u think ur bein dumped but it's actually about metal gear solid

CAia6v5W4AAZNv9.jpg

Skullface

I just want to say that, not knowing how you guys feel, I plan on keeping this avatar until Kojima's name is on the cover of Phantom Pain. If that never happens, then so be it.

Skullface

Hayter proves once again how butthurtful and moronically he has dealt with the whole thing. If his 'fans' were too eager to ask something so dumb, he should have the dignity to ignore it.

At the very least he should have said something that didn't indicate he might enjoy the situation.

Skullface

What a fucking mess.

Yeh, it really does feel like the end of an era😰

Edit: Not joking, I'm taking the long run way home from work today to reflect. I would've done the same yesterday, but I couldn't because of reasons. You guys are my company during my 2 hour commute, and my comfort always. Even you Meat.

Lernaean

Banned
I sometimes wish i could be the president of a game company for a year.
I mean seriously, idk why, but those people, from almost all of them companies, must be complete morons. Like unable to eat without help and breathe without being reminded morons.
There is no other reason why someone would take a decision that would hurt their business so much.

Skullface

I sometimes wish i could be the president of a game company for a year.
I mean seriously, idk why, but those people, from almost all of them companies, must be complete morons. Like unable to eat without help and breathe without being reminded morons.
There is no other reason why someone would take a decision that would hurt their business so much.

It's very easy to feel that way, but in reality they're like politicians. Leaders with potential, yet out of touch with their constituency.

I just want to say that, not knowing how you guys feel, I plan on keeping this avatar until Kojima's name is on the cover of Phantom Pain. If that never happens, then so be it.
I just can't understand how or why they would do this. The man has worked for them for decades.

They're acting like there's opprobrium. Like it would be wise for the company to distance themselves from Kojima. Even though he's technically still an employee.

Skullface

I just can't understand how or why they would do this. The man has worked for them for decades.

They're acting like there's opprobrium. Like it would be wise for the company to distance themselves from Kojima. Even though he's technically still an employee.

There might be a very good reason for it. Not that it's consumer or fan friendly... Again, like politicians, it's normally about $€£¥

Edit: Anyone else listening to music that makes you nostalgia hard for '98 and before? That's all I've been doing ;_;

Lernaean

Banned
It's very easy to feel that way, but in reality they're like politicians. Leaders with potential, yet out of touch with their constituency.

They are not politicians though, they are businessmen, and very bad ones at that.
If Kojima doesn't want to keep doing MG, why would you kick him and his team out, as KojiPro is disbanded already, become the pinnacle of every shitlist available by removing the creator's iconic tag and the dev teams logo, and then form a new team to work on MG, when you could keep one of the most iconic figures in the industry, have him make the games he wants, which will certainly sell a fuckton just for having his name on, let him keep his team to do so, and make even more money by forming a new team to do MG.
I mean seriously, why?

Skullface

They are not politicians though, they are businessmen, and very bad ones at that.
If Kojima doesn't want to keep doing MG, why would you kick him and his team out, as KojiPro is disbanded already, become the pinnacle of every shitlist available by removing the creator's iconic tag and the dev teams logo, and then form a new team to work on MG, when you could keep one of the most iconic figures in the industry, have him make the games he wants, which will certainly sell a fuckton just for having his name on, let him keep his team to do so, and make even more money by forming a new team to do MG.
I mean seriously, why?

The sad truth is that Kojima was likely intent with wrapping up the series. There's likely some quality control disagreements in the mix.

Look how much Kojima Productions care about their fans.

I'm a lurker on twitter with zero posts yet Ken followed me back.

Reading tweets like this just break my heart.

Ken is a fucking badass. He gave me free shit after I gave him a drawing of himself during the MGS4 world tour. This was after I waited in line for an hour or two and didn't get to have my stuff signed.

I mean the truth of the matter is that we don't really know everything, and may never.

But I'm sticking with my Kojima-boned-the-President-of-Konami's-wife theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom