• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what difficulty you usually play games?
Some time ago I played middle difficulty for the first playthrough (Normal if it is Easy/Normal/Hard or 3rd if game has 5 difficulties) and harder if I play second time (Though 2nd time hard = 1st time normal, cause you already know game).
But after Dark Souls 1, when you dont have that option and I died a lot, I realized that I like to play more with a challenges and I get more satisfaction when I finish hard level/game rather than normal. So now I am trying to play games on max/almost max difficulty.
How about you?

That it will review bad. The spoiler thread gave it all away, this game is an absolute rent.

Heh this title should had been available at launch alongside Driveclub and it would've done so much better. It's like releasing knack in the current climate it's unacceptable. It's year 2 people want good experiences and bloodborne will deliver.

do you like to ruin dreams?

Or the windows are actually televisions, not working.

tv-snow.gif

Some time ago I played middle difficulty for the first playthrough (Normal if it is Easy/Normal/Hard or 3rd if game has 5 difficulties) and harder if I play second time (Though 2nd time hard = 1st time normal, cause you already know game).
But after Dark Souls 1, when you dont have that option and I died a lot, I realized that I like to play more with a challenges and I get more satisfaction when I finish hard level/game rather than normal. So now I am trying to play games on max/almost max difficulty.
How about you?

Highest, always. I want to push myself always.

Vally

How about you?

Usually I play on normal unless I think that the game is not challenging enough; in that case I play it on hard. The encounters in The Last of Us are a lot more tense on hard, same with MGSV where the guards have an extended and more realistic vision range. It depends on the game, I couldn't imagine for example playing Revengeance on hard or higher since I can't even get a single S-rank on normal ;_;

brau

Actually changing 3 things!

I did two versions, because the one you requested doesn't look too good, so i changed the position of the arm. The gun is not as long and it looks just weird... so the longer one on the side looks a lot better imo.

See what you think.

FfapxT1.png

7uBw85E.png

I did two versions, because the one you requested doesn't look too good, so i changed the position of the arm. The gun is not as long and it looks just weird... so the longer one on the side looks a lot better imo.

See what you think.

FfapxT1.png

7uBw85E.png

Pawesome!!!!! Do you have the psd file for me?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol people
fanboys
melting over the pics i posted in the order review thread

How about you?

I usually choose the hardest option available. Needless to say how often I had to restart games because it was too hard (Kingdom Hearts 1 for example).

I usually choose the hardest option available. Needless to say how often I had to restart games because it was too hard (Kingdom Hearts 1 for example).

Yeah, when I am in game and repeat level/ restart too many times, I am fucking mad! But! When I complete that level..feels great!

Currently playing Catherine.

Hey, man, let me just say this. (And I'm saying it here and not in the review thread, because I actually care about you guys!) First of all, I am not a Sony fanboy. I don't have Nathan Drake's face tatted on my lower back. I'm probably as far from a Sony fanboy as one could get apart from Major Nelson. (Dare I say, I've always been more of an Xbox fan.) OK, now with that out of the way. A review is nothing more than an opinion. Just because there are people in more of a position to have their voice heard - their opinion expressed - does not make their opinion any more valuable than ours. Do not miss out on something you think you would enjoy because of how another person feels about it. I'm not telling you to go spend your money on it, especially right then and there. And I'm not saying you shouldn't take reviews into consideration; you should use any and all information you possibly can towards making a decision of whether or not the game in question is something you would like to play. Is The Order 1886 a bad game? Sure. Or not. I don't know, because I haven't played it. Those who have say that it is (or at least, certainly not a good one). And I'm sure they believe strongly in how they feel about it and the reviews they put together -- as they should. But again, they are just expressing their opinion. Don't let review scores consume you. I won't name names, but I remember reading the Destiny review thread, and there was a poster who made his/her presence felt on every single page of that thread despite having NEVER played the game. If I had listened to reviews, if I had listened to the negativity surrounding the game - rather than going with me knowing I am a huge Halo 1-3 fan and that I had a great experience with the beta - I would would have missed out on a game I genuinely enjoyed. Why? Because someone else thinks it's lackluster? My favorite game of 2014, by far, was Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Plenty of people think that game is lackluster. Plenty of people think that game isn't worth the $30 at which it hit the market, when many of us here would have paid whatever price they made it available at. This medium is one of entertainment - it's ALL subjective. You cannot BLANKET entertainment nor its "value." Have a mind of your own, and make your own decisions. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but sometimes, we could use a reminder, so (hopefully) here it is.

hah... that one was sloppy too. i actually like the idea of having the nekos arm chopped, but holding the sword.

Geez.. yes, I try that arm chopped with sword now.

I'll just leave you with 2 other request if that's ok with you.. (ಠ‿ಠ)

My greed increases right now! Hurt Give me more!!

1. request: Can you flip these and make a back version:
woxk2y8q.png
cd6potqb.png
and the Cannon
Something like this:
4280759-8551225851-metal.jpg

but without changing the position. Just flipping and making a back version.

2. request: Can you give those
woxk2y8q.png
cd6potqb.png
and the Cannon

blood on the helmet, like this:
hgaxPoL.gif

but keeping the arm

Rean

Hey, man, let me just say this. (And I'm saying it here and not in the review thread, because I actually care about you guys!) First of all, I am not a Sony fanboy. I don't have Nathan Drake's face tatted on my lower back. I'm probably as far from a Sony fanboy as one could get apart from Major Nelson. (Dare I say, I've always been more of an Xbox fan.) OK, now with that out of the way. A review is nothing more than an opinion. Just because there are people in more of a position to have their voice heard - their opinion expressed - does not make their opinion any more valuable than ours. Do not miss out on something you think you would enjoy because of how another person feels about it. I'm not telling you to go spend your money on it, especially right then and there. And I'm not saying you shouldn't take reviews into consideration; you should use any and all information you possibly can towards making a decision of whether or not the game in question is something you would like to play. Is The Order 1886 a bad game? Sure. Or not. I don't know, because I haven't played it. Those who have say that it is (or at least, certainly not a good one). And I'm sure they believe strongly in how they feel about it and the reviews they put together -- as they should. But again, they are just expressing their opinion. Don't let review scores consume you. I won't name names, but I remember reading the Destiny review thread, and there was a poster who made his/her presence felt on every single page of that thread despite having NEVER played the game. If I had listened to reviews, if I had listened to the negativity surrounding the game - rather than going with me knowing I am a huge Halo 1-3 fan and that I had a great experience with the beta - I would would have missed out on a game I genuinely enjoyed. Why? Because someone else thinks it's lackluster? My favorite game of 2014, by far, was Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Plenty of people think that game is lackluster. Plenty of people think that game isn't worth the $30 at which it hit the market, when many of us here would have paid whatever price they made it available at. This medium is one of entertainment - it's ALL subjective. You cannot BLANKET entertainment nor its "value." Have a mind of your own, and make your own decisions. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but sometimes, we could use a reminder, so (hopefully) here it is.
People outside of this thread are insane.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Leave brau alone, Cipher Cat. You're avatar is already pretty awesome.

Hey, man, let me just say this.

I agree with you, I don't care about reviews aswell. And also is Ground Zeroes one of my favorite games. I haven't read reviews, I just saw the one that Sn4ke posted from Kotaku. I just saw The Order, and aside from it's graphics, I don't see anything special.
It feels like a generic 3rd person cover shooter with stupid Quick Time events. And that, is laziness.

Leave brau alone, Cipher Cat. You're avatar is already pretty awesome.

I plan on doing animation with it. :D

I am gonna revise your avatar as you requested. Do you have any specific requests? i was thinking of themeing it on Kaz with the cool glasses and stuff... but i dunno what your preferences are.

Sounds cool, I didn't thought of that.
My idea was to combine InFamous Second Son Karma art with a MGS unit emblem.

Basically:

edit:

That totally answered my question on your avatar request.

Sorry, it took longer than expected.

Skullface

Yep. i meant you.

I'll show you what i have. its a cool avatar. if you don't like it... i can try the emblem idea. Since i already started and am almost done with this.

You and your avatar lab, Dexter. You have to much patience for one human.

BROTHAS, I HAVE RETURNED.

Aside from complete blockage of my right ear and a cough and raspy voice from hell (This is all terrible things for my night life as a musician...) I'm feeling a lot better! Antibiotic because apparently I'm viral, baby. Pills to suppress the coughing. Annnnnd some nasal spray to clear the sinuses, that have some steroid to bring the inflammation down in my ear. I was also made aware that I've had nose bleeds without my knowledge, but oh well. As brau put it, I'm on the mend!

Now I'm sure y'all were all very interested in that tangent. But now I'm diving into the pages I missed. I hear Brau destroyed TownsVille and I missed some legendary posts.

Mifec

Was right about the order, now it's time to be right about TPP being the best thing ever.

who am I kidding ofc it will be :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom